FEA/SDMT Availability 60 days out?

ELeigh

Original Poster
I am anxiously awaiting my 60 day window (still 8 weeks away) and I am just wondering if anyone can give me insight based on recent experience if I will have a hard time getting a FP for SDMT at 60+1 days or FEA at 60+4 days? I know in the past these were more difficult to grab but now with focus on FOP/AK I am hoping I won’t have an issue.

I am anxiously awaiting my 60 day window (still 8 weeks away) and I am just wondering if anyone can give me insight based on recent experience if I will have a hard time getting a FP for SDMT at 60+1 days or FEA at 60+4 days? I know in the past these were more difficult to grab but now with focus on FOP/AK I am hoping I won’t have an issue.

I helped my mom with their 60 day away fast passes this weekend (for a trip in March). FEA was readily available while we were doing her EPCOT FPs, but I don't remember seeing SDMT. FOP was also available with multiple time slots.

correcaminos

Generally speaking I haven't had issues getting 7DMT at the 60 day mark. Same with Frozen. You might get either a little later in the day but it wasn't as stressful as the way Flight of Passage has turned out to be.

ELeigh

Original Poster
I helped my mom with their 60 day away fast passes this weekend (for a trip in March). FEA was readily available while we were doing her EPCOT FPs, but I don't remember seeing SDMT. FOP was also available with multiple time slots.
Thanks! I am trying to see input from others to decide which day of FP to book first!

ELeigh

Original Poster
Generally speaking I haven't had issues getting 7DMT at the 60 day mark. Same with Frozen. You might get either a little later in the day but it wasn't as stressful as the way Flight of Passage has turned out to be.
This is great news! I am planning on a full day for MK and Epcot on these days (with a break in between) so later in the day would still work if morning doesn’t pan out. Makes me feel a little better prepping!

correcaminos

This is great news! I am planning on a full day for MK and Epcot on these days (with a break in between) so later in the day would still work if morning doesn’t pan out. Makes me feel a little better prepping!
Not sure how large your group is too but if you run into issues try splitting your group into smaller ones and usually you can get overlapping times. That's the only other hint. I have gotten same day 7DMT as people often change things around. Especially if there is rain the forecast. Really the hardest seems to be FoP now - but of course things can change in the 8 weeks but that's kind of what I've seen on my many trips in the past year.

youngdeb

We booked our FP+ for our Feb/Mar trip 60 days out and had no problem with anything we wanted. I was able to book additional 7DMT FP for our last day inside the 60 days, although no morning slots were available.

TerriA.

I got a FP for SDMT in may of 2016 without a problem. And at a reasonable time, too. Of course mine was for 2 people, but still. I haven't been to Disney since FEA opened so like you, I'm hoping it won't be too hard!!!

I just did my 60 day FP on Sunday, and had no trouble getting both of those rides, and had multiple choices as to times. If I remember correctly, I did SDMT at 60 and 60+3 and FEA was 60+1 or 2

MickeyMomV

When we made ours 2 weeks ago for spring we were able to get Flight of Passage for late in the day on day 2. Looked at day 5 and we had our choice of times from early morning to late in the day. SDMT was open every day we were at MK. Never tried FEA (we have a teenage boy).

DfromATX

I had no problems getting SDMT for 4 back in 2016 multiple times. My big stress is going to be trying to get FP for FOP for a party of 7--or really anything for a party of 7!! :banghead:

Same here. We had no trouble with SDMT and that was back when it was still new. We'll be a party of 7 this time and I'm nervous about FOP. I am making AK our last day as people have suggested, so hopefully we'll be ok. I'll find out in April when I can make my fast passes.

NelleBelle

Same here. We had no trouble with SDMT and that was back when it was still new. We'll be a party of 7 this time and I'm nervous about FOP. I am making AK our last day as people have suggested, so hopefully we'll be ok. I'll find out in April when I can make my fast passes.
Keep me posted on how it goes booking FP for your party of 7 and whether you have to split up booking FP for any rides!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom