FE homemade gifts?

amie27

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,
I am hosting a FE Swap for the Dream Aug 14th and was wondering has anyone done this and made homemade gifts for it?
Amie

amie27

Original Poster
FE is a fish extension swap. Basically you hang a pieces of fabric with pockets on the outside of your door and you exchange gifts. If you Google fish extensions you can see better. It is super fun and addicting on a cruise. I am holding a swap August 14th for the Dream if anyone is interested just looking for some homemade gift ideas.

NiarrNDisney

FE is a fish extension swap. Basically you hang a pieces of fabric with pockets on the outside of your door and you exchange gifts. If you Google fish extensions you can see better. It is super fun and addicting on a cruise. I am holding a swap August 14th for the Dream if anyone is interested just looking for some homemade gift ideas.
Wow you weren't kidding! I just looked it up and could not believe how much info came up. How did this even start?

amie27

Original Poster
I know and it is sooo addicting. I am not sure where or how it started but there is a great board called Fish Extension gifts on facebook that gives you a ton of ideas. Basically outside your room is a fish that Disney leaves memos and you hang your fish extension there and start....you just find a group that is doing your cruise. It is really neat and super fun. I can't wait to get started!!!!! It goes on for every Disney cruise and they have them set up till the end of the year. Love it!!!!!
Amie

sweetpee_1993

Wow you weren't kidding! I just looked it up and could not believe how much info came up. How did this even start?
On another large fan forum there are individual meet threads for most of DCL's sailings. Basically its cruisers getting to know each other and arranging different group meets & things. Many will arrange meet times & places, private mixology onboard, privately arranged excursions, etc. Years back a fan/cruiser came up with the idea of giving a little crafty gift to people in her cruise group. Or maybe it was among an extended family that cruised together. I'm not sure but it started with a single cruiser who did it and it started on that other Disney fan forum. The whole thing took off like wildfire. I've bought a fish extender & made one. I've done these exchanges like 4 or more times. Hard to remember. Its fun but I'm not likely to get into another one. Its a lot of work, more to pack/haul, and then there's all the stuff to haul home. Seems like we usually end up with tons of candy. While I appreciate the thought & effort by fellow cruisers sharing treats, we don't eat much candy so it feels kinda wasteful, too. Its one of those things I'm glad I've done but don't see myself doing again. Heading up a FE group is a lot to take on especially when you get a big group. One cruise we had like 115 or so people over almost 30 staterooms. Nobody wanted to split. I know I spent a lot on my gifts then had to haul everything onboard. If I'd been flying in I don't know what I would've done.

Cruise groups themselves are not unique to Disney fans & DCL. CruiseCritic has groups that arrange as well. The FE is, however, a DCL thing that started on that other forum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom