fax room request...

goofy5380

Good morning.

Does anyone know who I would fax a room request to. ?
I have a room resv at AKL Jambo house frpm 9/3 to 9/10 and would like to request to a room...

thanks all

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You will want to call the reservation center and add the requests to your reservation.

CMs are not allowed to accept room requests by fax. Some adhere to this rule, others don't. The only way to guarantee that your requests will be seen by the CM assigning rooms is to have them added onto the reservation.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
why would want to fax something anyways. I mean if it's a traditional fax, the request will sit there and who knows when it will be handled. If its Digital and goes into a email message, then you have to hope the CM opens it and processes it. I prefer talking to a person and confirming the request was inputted.

Upvote 0

crxbrett

Also, I was told by the Disney reservation center reps when I put in my room requests to always mention or ask if they see or are aware of your room requests when you check-in at the front desk.

Upvote 0

MomofPrincessGrace

I called in a room request for the polynesian. I requested Tokelau and/or a ground floor. We got 3rd floor Moorea. So that didn't work one bit.
Did you ask at check in if they had either of those options available? Last year at POR we did a room request for the Alligator Bayou section. When when checked in we were given a room in the Magnolia section. I asked very nicely if they had any availability and she made a call to reservations and was able to get us assigned to the AB section. It also helps if you can check in a little early that way their is a better chance of the area you want being available.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I called in a room request for the polynesian. I requested Tokelau and/or a ground floor. We got 3rd floor Moorea. So that didn't work one bit.

LOL - ditto! We faxed (via touringplans) with the same requests (Tokelau, lower floor), and also got 3d floor Moorea. To add insult to injury, when we checked in we were told we'd been given a room "just as you requested -- near an elevator!" Rather than argue the point (as we'd never made any such request), we decided to just go with it, and the tiki gods rewarded us with a room that had an incredibly beautiful view of lush foliage along a whisper-quiet walkway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Calling is 100% the way to go. I did fax in a request at the Yacht Club and was not granted the area I originally wanted. BUT they gave me a nice view that I was able to watch the Illuminations fireworks from my balcony. I knew my request wasn't a guarantee and we still had an AMAZING time.

I'm already itching to book my next trip, hopefully with a similar view, but I need to wait until my husband knows what conference he is going to next year.

Upvote 0

danheaton

I've always used Touring Plans for faxing room requests, and we've had really good luck. All have been at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, so that might have more availability for requests than some others.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
They can't always give you what you request. Consider that perhaps all the rooms in Tokelau were booked prior to your arrival.

I've had hit or miss on requests, but I do believe Disney tries to accommodate us. Its difficult that so many people book rooms and asks for specific room request.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

Same for me. I requested upper floor at Tokelau and got 3rd floor Pago Pago. I didn't matter to me much as long as I was not looking at the parking lot.

Upvote 0

Andrew Appleby

We faxed our room request via touring plans. We were travelling with another family. We wanted connecting rooms but had pool view whilst the other family had garden view. I was so pleased to get an email explains that they couldnt upgrade the other family as the rooms were unavailable but they would happily downgrade us to Garden (we had to get pool view at the time due to packages from Virgin Holidays), refund $360 and sort out the connecting rooms. We were still in building 2 (POFQ) right by the pool but got what we requested.

My point is that it does work and if you get the right staff they really will go the extra mile so do it. Also, ringing isn't necessarily the best way.

Upvote 0

James J

In the Parks
No
We faxed our room request via touring plans. We were travelling with another family. We wanted connecting rooms but had pool view whilst the other family had garden view. I was so pleased to get an email explains that they couldnt upgrade the other family as the rooms were unavailable but they would happily downgrade us to Garden (we had to get pool view at the time due to packages from Virgin Holidays), refund $360 and sort out the connecting rooms. We were still in building 2 (POFQ) right by the pool but got what we requested.

My point is that it does work and if you get the right staff they really will go the extra mile so do it. Also, ringing isn't necessarily the best way.

It does work - sometimes. As others have mentioned, when you call you're guaranteed to speak to someone who will make sure your requests are added. Faxing offers no such guarantee, even if it worked for you on this occasion. They would likely have been able to handle your particular issue on the phone anyway.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom