Favourite false rumors

disneysailor

Original Poster
At the moment, there doesn't seem to be very many new announcements or confirmed rumours. So to fill in the gap, what are your favourite rumors that were completely false, or had little substance? (only ones you've heard, not made up yourself!)

I'll kick off with these-

The Swan and Dolphin resorts were supposed to have a monorail running through them, which is why they have large black squares on the sides of the buildings. Not sure how that would work, but I would love to see it! :lol:

When Epcot was being designed (in it's current format, not Walt Disney's original concept) CMs were going to live in the actual pavillions! OK, this would be an expensive logistical nightmare, and the CM's would be living in a fish bowl.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Well, of course, the grandaddy of all Disney rumors:

Walt is cryogenically frozen.

My personal favorite: Disney is planning its next park to be a thrill park.

LilDucky

That the wand was going to come down by 5/5/05.

That Beastly Kingdomme is still a viable possibility (RIP).

That Disney is planning on building in: Texas, Virginia, Arizona, Ohio [insert other cities here].

LoisMustDie

Thrawn said:
My personal favorite: Disney is planning its next park to be a thrill park.
Too true. Or a villains park (or a combination thereof). I love how some idiots think that a) this is actually a good idea b) this is a good business decision, and best of all c) that Disney EVER entertained this notion. Sometimes you just have to laugh at people.

Pumbas Nakasak said:
Universal is pants
:veryconfu Inside joke?

stitchlvr

I like the rumor of the 5th park (thrill park) and the beastly kingdom. I also like the rumor of a pirate themed water park

I.M.Fearless

Favorite rumor? WDI is planning to create a thrill ride INSIDE Spaceship Earth.
Most unusual rumor? WDI is planning to create a water coaster (read: a ride like Journey to Atlantis) AROUND Tom Sawyer's Island.

Shelmerdine72

Gotta be Harry Potter attraction. I wish this one was true: River Country coming back. But I also enjoy hearing about the Little Green Men and the Castle spirals.

red345

Best one i heard is that the castle spires actually come off and have missiles inside them, apperently the govt planted them there. (riiiigggghhhttt)

Wannabe Walt

The castle missiles are my favorite. I've experienced the castle turrets first hand (I gave myself a tour of the castle in Feb...at night...didn't walk around all of it (outside) but I could have...and should have). The base towers have storage, no missiles. Sorry folks ;)

CaptainMichael

Lately these two seem to constantly pop-up and have become rather tiring:
*Indiana Jones Adventure
*Brother Bear Raft Ride to block the Soarin' building...honestly!

Favorites of mine that I wish would come true:
*Monorail Expansion
*Bald Mountain in MK
*Dragon Tower in AK

RyanJW

Shelmerdine72 said:
Gotta be Harry Potter attraction. I wish this one was true: River Country coming back. But I also enjoy hearing about the Little Green Men and the Castle spirals.

I was actually talking to a bus driver on my Senior Trip a couple weeks ago and he mentioned that they've figured out a way to filter the water that has given them a problem and they're going to re-open river country. I don't know in what capacity, but that land will be used. Whether it is as River Country or something else is beyond me.

Can anyone else shed some light on this one?

-Ryan

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I really do like the missile silo rumour.

I also liked the MYST encounter rumour on Discovery Island.

pluto77

dandaman said:
Magnum is sinking :lookaroun
What? You never limited it to WDW. ;)
:lol: :lol: yeah and weren't they supposed to be moving it to Japan too? :rolleyes:

I like the ideas of The Muppet Movie Ride and redoing the Star Wars ride as long as it's something better than it is now because I do like it now, but if they were to make something better I'd be all for it.

goofyfan13

dandaman said:
Magnum is sinking :lookaroun
What? You never limited it to WDW. ;)

Two other Cedar Point favorites, Millenium Force causes brain damage, and the girl who supposedly got her hair ripped out on Power Tower. :rolleyes:

I too have notice the IJA rumors popping up a lot recently, maybe a little too much. One I heard recently, Space Mountain has been toned down, it used to go 70 miles per hour! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom