Favorite WDW restaurants for kids

Club Cooloholic

T-Rex, Askerhaus and Crystal Palace have always been favs. For older Prime Time Cafe is fun, that said my kids tend to prefer quick service or the resort cafeteria!

plutofan15

Hey everyone! What are your kids’ favorite WDW restaurants? Taking my 9 yo cousin, who is thankfully not a picky eater, in the fall. However, the choices are seemingly endless and it’s starting to give me a headache lol. Chef Mickey is at the top of the list and Be Our Guest dinner is a must for me. Is Ohana worth it or overrated? Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Hoop-Dee-Do. Our kids loved it.

Tk0021

It stinks that the character meals are mostly buffets because my kids don’t eat enough to justify the cost, but they love meeting the characters while dinning. They have cried meeting characters in the park, but then later met them at dinner and loved it. My youngest daughter (now 6) will not sit down the whole meal and will stand and eat she is so excited. We are kicking the tires on late 2020 trip and I thought to save money we would skip the character meals, but they do love them. So, to my two daughters, the character meals are big. My wife and I and not big eaters, so the cost doesn’t make sense for us, but we usually can find something to eat at the buffets. Likes others have said Chef Mickey’s food is just ok at best, but we have eaten there three times on three trips because of the characters. Breakfast there is better then dinner.

NiarrNDisney

My Niece and Nephews though not the pickiest eaters they certainly have their favorite foods to include but not limited to Barbecue, Cajun, Comfort food, Italian, Mexican/Tex-Mex. Those options are definitely available in and out of the parks but we also found they really enjoyed these places below for the atmosphere, Characters, and food.

__CS__
Cookes of Dublin (DS-L)
Columbia Harbour House (MK)
Boardwalk To Go (BWR)
Earl of Sandwich (DS-MP)
Fairfax Fare (DHS)
Flametree Barbecue (DAK)
La Cantina de San Angel (Epcot)
Polite Pig (DS-TC)
Sunshine Seasons (Epcot)
Wolfgang Puck Express (DS-MP)
Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafes (DAK)
Yorkshire Fish & Chip Shop (Epcot)

__TS__
Biergarten (Epcot)
Cabana Bar and Beach Club (Dolphin)
The Fountain (Dolphin)
Garden Grill (Epcot)
House of Blues (DS-WS)
Liberty Tree Tavern (MK)
Olivia's (OKW)
Raglan Road (DS-L)
Sanaa (AKL -KV)
Splitsville (DS-WS)
Trattoria al Forno (BWR)

Last edited:

huwar18

My 3 year old nephew LOVED Ohana. Meeting Stitch was so fun for him (and me!). Pretty much any character meal is awesome for kids, he also liked Coral Reef to look at the fish :)

Yeah, that was a hit for our two year old. He loves meeting Stitch. Our kids loved the Crystal Palace. It is a little tight inside. However, that might not be a problem now. We loved seeing all the Winnie the Pooh characters.

Edit: For our trip, we stuck to our go to restaurants and our kids loved them.

MK-
Pecos Bills
Columbia Harbor House

Epcot
Via Napoli
Sunshine Seasons (Breakfast)
Les Halles

AK
Santu'li Canteen
Flame Tree BBQ for pulled pork fries 😊

Gingersnap

I have only been to WDW twice in my entire life at the age of 5 and 7. I don't remember much other than I enjoyed riding Dumbo, meeting the characters, swimming in the pool at Port Orleans French Quarters and Caribbean Beach Resorts and eating at the Garden Grill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom