Favorite WDW que area ?

SallyShine

The best queue has to be Tower of Terror. Especially when there is mist in the garden. My favorite "childhood memory" queue is Pirates. I remember being really hot and trying to lean against the walls to cool off.

HoW

For me, nothing compares to the depth of Muppets and ToT. Although, the the Pirates' Chess comes in very close, along with Star Tours.

gotribe07

1st thing in the mornin' tower of terror can't be beat, the music, the mist, ahhhh, 96 days:brick:

OMG YES!!

You are absoluely right! It has such a great feel first thing in the morning. You just got into the park... everything feels so fresh and cool and you have an entire day of Disney fun in front of you!:sohappy:

My second favorite queue would have to be Pirates (especially since they added the new queue music from the movie).

Gotta agree with POTC and Muppets 3D.......I need to add Buzz Lightyear (the giant ViewMaster cracks me up) and I enjoy the music and questions at Soarin', too. :sohappy:

LucyintheSky

Has anybody noticed that for the past seven or so years, that the ships at Peter Pan jerk and shutter really badly at the end of the ride when they reconnect with the ground track?

Not that it really matters, but the banging and shaking isn't from reconnecting with the ground track- the pieces with the wheels and such that run along the upper track are a lot longer than the boats themselves. When they get to the end there, when they're close together, the pieces on the track hit each other, and that's what makes the boats bump like that.

The funny thing is, they don't hit that hard every time, only once and awhile. When I'd be at unload there, if I'd see one coming that looked like it was going to hit hard, I'd try to "catch" the boat. Just kind of steadying it a bit so that it wouldn't shake so bad.

mprice

Hey gotta say there is indeed nothing better than waiting in that dark and dank fortress for my favorite ride of all time Pirates of the Caribbean, the music from the movie that plays on the outside now is also really cool and the inside featuring the elaborate scenery and classic music is wonderful, plus I love the anticipation of arriving at the loasing dock with the outdoor diorama and the caves.. just great! Tower of Terror is also really cool especially at night.

MissM

Mine is the POTC with the Cannons, the rifles,and the chess game played by the dead that can never be won. During the refurb the game was disturbed and the original sketch had to be found to redo the game.
Actually....that was the rumor but I have four years worth of chess game images that say otherwise. The pieces tend to move around in no particular order in keeping with say, dusting that pushes them around. The pieces have moved since after the rumored return of the stalemate in fact. (Look at August 2006 compared to October 2006 or later.)

Sadly, this is one detail that doesn't get the love it deserves and my chronicled photos of it is proof.
http://www.giveneyestosee.com/pirates/chess-moves.html

-m

rimousefan84

MK: Pirates, and Splash Mt.
Epcot: Test Track
MGM: Tower of Terror
AK: Everest and I kinda like Dinosaur as well

P.S. I like all the que lines, with the exception of a few, Disney is waaaaay more creative with their standing areas than other "theme" parks.

selmuir

Magic Kingdom : Macdonalds :ROFLOL:

Animal Kingdom : Expedition Everest , Dinosour

MGM - Studios : Tower of Terror , Rock n Rollercoaster

Epcot : Mission Space

DisneyLeo18

my favorite has to be Tower of Terror. its the only ride i dont mind waiting in line for, especially once your inside the lobby and move into the lobby.

also just something i noticed.. I stayed at Port orleans Riverside about two weeks ago and the soundtrack played in the lobby sounds like the same eery music they play outisde Tot = /

AEfx

There is no simple answer... :)

For Complete Immersion : Tower of Terror. Once you are past the attraction sign, you are in another world.

For Fun and Creativity : I really enjoy the new The Seas queue.

For Anticipation and Build-up : I have to say...Stitch's Great Escape. It just works for me once they ironed out the kinks in the story. It's still not a great attraction, but you really can't deny that it's cute and fun for what it is, and it's the best I think Disney has done with a multi-pre-show set-up. I just think it's fun. Sue me, LOL. :)

For "That's Just Neat"
: Rock'n'Roller Coaster load bay.

Most Over-rated Queues : Everest and Test Track. I've seen the TV specials, I know how every splinter of wood came from rare Himalayan ruins carried across the continent by incontinent Sherpas with limps and sick grandmas, but I think they could have gotten just as great effect with a lot less expense. I would have much rather seen the dark-ride portion of Everest have more oomph than the millions they spent on the queue. Test Track because while I like riding in fast cars I find the displays pretty boring and pedestrian...I would have prefered something more exciting getting you "revved up" for the journey instead of the passive decorations. I know that's the point for it to emulate the more mundane parts of testing, but the point is sort of lost on me with that one even if I get the intent (much like the theming of Dinoland).

Favorite Sitcom TV Star In Pre-Show
: Phylicia Rashad in "Dinosaur". I love her in anything (just caught her in a great Murder, She Wrote, LOL) and really like her scolding mom routine here. 2nd place would also be in "Dinosaur", Wallace Langham. Every time I see him all I can think of is Josh in Veronica's Closet and it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. :)

AEfx

WDWFigment

Space Mountain because it's one of the few queues I remember from when I was a child. Tower of Terror because of its quality and eeriness in the morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom