1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Universal Hotel

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando' started by captainkidd, Aug 30, 2017.

?

What is your favorite on site Universal Hotel?

1. Hard Rock Hotel

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Portofino Bay

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. Royal Pacific

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  4. Cabana Bay

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  5. Sapphire Falls

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. captainkidd

captainkidd Well-Known Member

Haven't seen one of these here in a while.

My vote was for Hard Rock. In all fairness, I've only stayed at Hard Rock and Royal Pacific, but have spent time over at Portofino. I love the vibe at Royal Pacific. Very serene and relaxing. But Hard Rock takes the cake for me due to proximity, slightly larger rooms, more food choices I prefer, better pool area, and just the overall vibe of the hotel. It's elegant, but relaxing. Fun, exciting, and cool.

Derrit likes this.
  2. Derrit

Derrit Well-Known Member

Portofino Bay is a really cozy and charming hotel, i've been staying here ever since I started going to WDW annually a few years ago.

But i guess i'd be happy at Portofino Bay, Royal pacific, or Hard Rock. The park benefits for each are so nice. and all have boat transportation to Universal and Citywalk! :jawdrop:

3. Disneyhead'71

Disneyhead'71 Well-Known Member

I love Portofino Bay. It is very relaxing for a destination theme park resort. And BiCE is one of my favorite restaurants in town.

andysol and Derrit like this.
  4. nerdboyrockstar

nerdboyrockstar Well-Known Member

I've stayed at them all and this is an extremely difficult question. It used to be Royal Pacific, hands down, but Cabana Bay quickly became my fave. I just absolutely love the vibe and the amenities. And this was BEFORE you had views of a volcano from the pool area and a water park was walking distance.

andysol likes this.
  5. TJ Vazquez

TJ Vazquez Well-Known Member

For Price and Value, I voted Sapphire, but I know the other hotels are nicer and closer to the parks.

6. sophie_the_pooh

sophie_the_pooh Well-Known Member

Would you recommend Hard Rock or Royal Pacific for a family of 3 (me, my husband and my 6 years old son)? I'm hesitating between these 2 hotels for our August 2018 trip, currently leaning towards Royal Pacific which seems more family-oriented.

Derrit likes this.
  7. captainkidd

captainkidd Well-Known Member Original Poster

You can't go wrong with either. I actually find Hard Rock to be better for families. The pool area is great for kids. Also has a water slide which the RP doesn't. Rooms are also about 40 square feet bigger. Emack and Bolios is great as well. I prefer RP for breakfast. It's really personal preference. Peaceful and serene or exciting and fun.

sophie_the_pooh and JoeCamel like this.
  8. thomas998

thomas998 Well-Known Member

Cabana Bay... not the flashiest but I'm not planning on staying in the hotel so all I need is a comfortable room and easy access to the parks.... Only complaint is after Volcano Bay opened the prices of the rooms seem to have gone up.

9. ThemeParkJunkee

ThemeParkJunkee Well-Known Member

I have stayed at all three of the Premier hotels but not Sapphire or Cabana. Of those three, Portofino is the only one I seem to to go back to. Royal Pacific is lovely. HRH has a great vibe but Portofino reminds me of my one and only trip to Italy.

JoeCamel and Disneyhead'71 like this.
  10. Disneyhead'71

Disneyhead'71 Well-Known Member

We're local APs and with the AP discount I go to Portofino at least once a year for 3 days all by myself. Get a Spa Treatment. Sit by the harbor eating a cheese board while drinking a bottle of wine ruminating over how much like Six Flags it is. Although, I have never actually tried a Six Flags Spa.

TeriofTerror and JoeCamel like this.
  11. ThemeParkJunkee

ThemeParkJunkee Well-Known Member

Giggling over this post. We very much enjoyed sharing a bottle of wine in the Piazza while the opera singer appeared on the balcony. So Six Flags....

JoeCamel and Disneyhead'71 like this.
  12. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Well-Known Member

Careful - with your tongue stuck that firmly in your cheek it may be a permanent condition

Disneyhead'71 likes this.
  13. Corey P

Corey P Well-Known Member

The Six Flags Spa is great, heart shaped hot tubs, **** carpet, lots of crystals. It's great you wood love it.

Portofino is over rated for sure. I went to the pizza place and it was just confusing. I wanted to sit outside and they didn't even put the pizza in a box and give me paper plates or anything. I later found out after complaining that they wanted me to bring out this wooden tray with plates, silverware, cloth napkins etc. The antipasto had some sort of veggies in it that I didn't even recognize.