Favorite Stand Alone Room Type?

Think Tink

Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So my husband and I have not traveled anywhere since October 2019. We have a trip to OKW scheduled in June and BCV in September but we really want to travel before June. Since we aren't going to get our COVID vaccine by March (We are upper 20s/young 30s) we want to stay in a room that is not connected to other rooms. I'm sure some people may think we are overly cautious, and they would be right, but I still really need a trip away. We are going between Fort Wilderness Cabins, Tree House Villas, or maybe the Bungalows. We aren't planning on going into the actual parks, just want a nice getaway. Have any of you stayed in any of the stand alone rooms at Disney and what did you think of them?

MarvelCharacterNerd

If you're looking for a getaway for just the two of you and money was no object, I'd vote for the Poly Bungalows.

The Tree Houses are amazing, but they're really made for a bigger 'family & friends' party, rather than just for two people.

And the FW Cabins are a smaller option, but not very exciting for a couple getaway - unless you personally prefer a more rustic feel rather than the pretty amazing on-the-water bungalow views.

The Bungalows just feels like the more the luxurious/pampering choice. But again, depends on your preference - and your budget!

Club Cooloholic

If you're looking for a getaway for just the two of you and money was no object, I'd vote for the Poly Bungalows.

The Tree Houses are amazing, but they're really made for a bigger 'family & friends' party, rather than just for two people.

And the FW Cabins are a smaller option, but not very exciting for a couple getaway - unless you personally prefer a more rustic feel rather than the pretty amazing on-the-water bungalow views.

The Bungalows just feels like the more the luxurious/pampering choice. But again, depends on your preference - and your budget!
Agreed, budget is the biggest factor. I haven't stayed in them, but have to also say to look at the Cascade cabins at the WL. They look really cool, and have a private large hot tub!

Think Tink

Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Agreed, budget is the biggest factor. I haven't stayed in them, but have to also say to look at the Cascade cabins at the WL. They look really cool, and have a private large hot tub!
Ooh I forgot about the hot tub! That may sway us. Our budget is up in the air, but after not traveling for 14 months we definitely are open to all the options!

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

The Stretching Room is nice. Great artwork on the wall. Only there are no windows and no doors. Which offers you this chilling challenge: to find a way out! Of course, there’s always my way....make a hole in the wall. What? what did you think I was gonna say?

carriebeth

So it seems you are pretty afraid of catching the virus. I would suggest that you avoid Disney property right now and choose somewhere else as a get away. Somewhere less traveled and more secluded. Are you going to stay kept up in your cabin/room/bungalow the whole time you are on vacation? If not you will be amongst quite a few people and risk exposure. Could you even relax knowing every child that runs past you could be a possible transmission risk. Every server that hands you food could be exposing you etc. And if yes you are staying inside your area then of what real benefit is it to even be staying at Disney? There are plenty of other nice places you can stay I just know personally I would hate to be one Disney property and not get to enjoy or partake in the regular activities I do at Disney the biggest of which is going to the parks, but also includes wondering Disney springs, hanging out at the pools, exploring resort grounds, eating at restaurants etc. seems like it would be better to go to Disney when you can actually go to disney

Think Tink

Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So it seems you are pretty afraid of catching the virus. I would suggest that you avoid Disney property right now and choose somewhere else as a get away. Somewhere less traveled and more secluded. Are you going to stay kept up in your cabin/room/bungalow the whole time you are on vacation? If not you will be amongst quite a few people and risk exposure. Could you even relax knowing every child that runs past you could be a possible transmission risk. Every server that hands you food could be exposing you etc. And if yes you are staying inside your area then of what real benefit is it to even be staying at Disney? There are plenty of other nice places you can stay I just know personally I would hate to be one Disney property and not get to enjoy or partake in the regular activities I do at Disney the biggest of which is going to the parks, but also includes wondering Disney springs, hanging out at the pools, exploring resort grounds, eating at restaurants etc. seems like it would be better to go to Disney when you can actually go to disney
Thanks for your concern but I’m fine going to Disney and was asking room choices not if I should go. My concern was about sharing an HVAC system, not being outside masked around others. It does not bother me to go and not have the same experience, so while other might be sad about having a resort only stay or even just Disney springs, it’s something I am looking forward to.

RememberWhen

You could also consider the cabins at Wilderness Lodge. If it was me, and I could really afford it, I’d want the poly bungalow. Sitting by the water on my private deck sounds pretty nice.
I think the little pool is just a pool, not a hot tub.

Think Tink

Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
You could also consider the cabins at Wilderness Lodge. If it was me, and I could really afford it, I’d want the poly bungalow. Sitting by the water on my private deck sounds pretty nice.
I think the little pool is just a pool, not a hot tub.
Yeah, I think we are leaning toward trying the Cooper Creek Cabins to have the relaxing environment but the bungalows are really close too!

Gaston's gal

The Copper Creek Cabins or the Bungalows are both great choices. The Bungalows are a little bit closer to the Quick Service/Table Service options at the WL/Poly, plus the hot tub would sway me towards the Bungalows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom