Favorite Restaurants with Kids (Table or QS!)

MagicalMaci

In the Parks
Yes
For QS, Harambe Market in AK has great choices as does Woody's Lunch Box or ABC Commissary in DHS. They all have something fun for adults and different (but still very kid-friendly) for kids.
For TS, Coral Reef at Epcot is great if they like fish, clam chowder, lobster bisque or shrimp. Liberty Tree Tavern at MK is family-style so they'll get a lot of variety if they want it there too. Our kids loved Tiffins at AK - again it had something more adventurous for those that wanted, but also simple things for our picky ones.

DVCakaCarlF

For QS, Harambe Market in AK has great choices as does Woody's Lunch Box or ABC Commissary in DHS. They all have something fun for adults and different (but still very kid-friendly) for kids.
For TS, Coral Reef at Epcot is great if they like fish, clam chowder, lobster bisque or shrimp. Liberty Tree Tavern at MK is family-style so they'll get a lot of variety if they want it there too. Our kids loved Tiffins at AK - again it had something more adventurous for those that wanted, but also simple things for our picky ones.
Completely forgot about ABC Commissary...great restaurant.

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
Completely forgot about ABC Commissary...great restaurant.

I've never been to ABC Commissary. :facepalm:
Believe it or not I've only been to HS twice in my adult life. Once was about 8 years ago when there was not much there at all - we honestly finished the entire park in less than 3 hours and had Park Hoppers so we didn't stick around. The second was just last year with my daughter - we made sure it was our 1st park because we missed it all together on our previous two trips.

I'll have to mark it down as a good QS option for lunch.

imsosarah

I'm noticing that the majority of menus I see online have the same Mac n Cheese, Chicken Tenders, and Cheeseburgers. Very few seem to have a decent variety and my almost 9 year old isn't very happy about it (though my VERY picky 2 year old is thrilled).

What are your favorite spots with kids?

I'm going to be booking our ADRs soon and I'm trying to come up with a good plan!
So far our list includes:
  1. Breakfast:
    1. Be Our Guest (QS)
    2. Docking Bay (QS)
    3. Yak & Yeti (QS)
    4. Trattoria al Forno (TS)
    5. O'hana (TS)
    6. Chef Mickey's (TS - Brunch)
  2. Dinner:
    1. Crystal Palace (TS)
    2. Mama Melrose (TS)
    3. Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn (QS)
    4. Space220 (TS) - Permitting it's open
    5. Tusker House (TS)
We'll be there for 9 nights so I'm still needing two more table service meals (possibly 3 if Space220 doesn't take the Dining Plan).

I'm also TOTALLY open to changing some of the meals. The only ones we have our hearts set on are O'hana and Chef Mickey's. Any of the others could honestly be switched out and I probably wouldn't be too upset.

Side note: Traveling with my daughter (who will be 9) and my son (who will be turning 3 on our last day). Also interested in ideas for where to go for his birthday dinner!

We LOVE Ohana Dinner, Coral Reef and Yak and Yeti - actual food options for kids vs the gross chicken nuggets/burgers. The food at the beirgarten is also different but the environment is so fun that the kids always get enough but they LOVE the music and environment.

Ghostdog

Sanaa at AKL; they have a butter chicken option that is delicious for kids. If you’re lucky enough to score a seat by the windows the safari animal viewing will keep your kids occupied.

DVCakaCarlF

I've never been to ABC Commissary. :facepalm:
Believe it or not I've only been to HS twice in my adult life. Once was about 8 years ago when there was not much there at all - we honestly finished the entire park in less than 3 hours and had Park Hoppers so we didn't stick around. The second was just last year with my daughter - we made sure it was our 1st park because we missed it all together on our previous two trips.

I'll have to mark it down as a good QS option for lunch.
It’s much better now since it has been remodeled and updated its menu.

ELG13

We like yak and yeti. It's not the same food as everywhere else. They have a great grilled chicken with brown rice kids meal that our kids DEVOUR. It's a nice change of pace from the fried food and cheeseburgers. It's actually our favorite restaurant. The food has always been good. I don't know how to describe it but it doesn't feel or taste like just another restaurant to us. Maybe because they have options that I don't feel so guilty eating and giving to the kids??? It's definitely a welcomed meal after we've been binging all week on Disney treats.

DVCakaCarlF

We like yak and yeti. It's not the same food as everywhere else. They have a great grilled chicken with brown rice kids meal that our kids DEVOUR. It's a nice change of pace from the fried food and cheeseburgers. It's actually our favorite restaurant. The food has always been good. I don't know how to describe it but it doesn't feel or taste like just another restaurant to us. Maybe because they have options that I don't feel so guilty eating and giving to the kids??? It's definitely a welcomed meal after we've been binging all week on Disney treats.
Both the restaurant and cafe are good...sometimes the cafe has specials, too.

ELG13

The cafe is to the right of the main restaurant. It is a true quick service with walk up service, and the seating area is outdoors and to the right hand side. It is called Yak and Yeti Cafe.
Ok we have been there before. I guess I never paid attention to it being a separate thing. I love that place!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom