Favorite Restaurants: and why

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
What is your favorite restaurant and why? This is for restaurants within the Disney Parks themselves.

By the way: How is the Garden Grill at Epcot?

CTXRover

We love the Liberty Tree Tavern at the Magic Kingdom. The food is served family style with a number of different options. The food itself is great and Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale all walk around to each table while you are eating dressed up in "Colonial" outfits.

We also really like Mexico and France in Epcot. Again the food is great at both places and the atmosphere is amazing in Mexico.

If you are stopping by Animal Kingdom, my favorite is Rainforest Cafe just outside the park. In my opinion, they have some of the best and most unique food on all of property.

At Disney-MGM studios, I would say that the best food goes to The Brown Derby (great Filet Mignon) or the Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater for a very unique experience.

By the way, outside of the Parks, at the Yacht and Beach club is a 50's type diner called Beaches and Cream. We never go on a trip without stopping here. It hands down has the best Sundaes and Banana Splits.

Hope that helps.

surfsupdon

I always have excellent food--steak--at Captain's Tavern / now Shutters at Caribbean Beach. It is so good and the home cooked veggies and everything are amply served and delicious. Very colorful restaurant too.

My favorite theme park rest. would prolly be 50s Prime Time Cafe as whatever I have gotten there in the past is always tasty and filling.

You know, I cant really think of an awful food experience I've encuntered while at Disney.

roysta123

Liberty Tree Tavern in MK-great turkey dinner.

Concourse Steak House-not too expensive-under the monorail

Aloha Isle-Dole Whips rule!

madape89

restaurants

If I had to pick one restaurant, it would be Alfredo's in Italy (EPCOT). They have the best Italian food I have ever eaten in any price range. I would also recommend Canada, Mexico, and Japan as far as sit down dinners. As far as fast food goes, I would say Pecos Bills in the Magic Kingdom, the food court in The Land in EPCOT, and the Backlot Express in MGM. (All this talk about food is making me hungry, but I haven't convinced myself to drive all day just to eat the food there...not yet, anyway!)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I love the biergatten @ Epcot. The foodis good wholesome and plentiful, the Becks is mmmmmmmmmmmm, the setting is a niece refuge from the heat of the afternoon and theres even some cr@ppy Umpah music to entertain you while you scoff.All in all a pleasant experience, though beware german cakes always look better than they taste.

TIGGER-FAN

I would have to say the Biergartten. I was stationed in Germany for 4 years with the military and the place brings back some great memories.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by TIGGER-FAN
I would have to say the Biergartten. I was stationed in Germany for 4 years with the military and the place brings back some great memories.
So was I and 2 of my sproggs were born there.

Pippa

I love the Brown Derby in MGM,Alfredos in EPCOT,Crystal Palace in MK and Flame Tree Barbq in AK. If any of you Americans want a true English pub dinner/experience then the Rose & Crown is spot on I live by pubs just like this one! Although the real english ones allow smoking and are not so spotlessly clean!

Becky

Originally posted by civileng68

By the way: How is the Garden Grill at Epcot?

I have seen a few posts where people have said they don't like the food at the Garden Grill.

However, I have eaten there about a dozen times and love it.:D :)

The food is brought to your table in a big black pan and includes fish, beef and chicken or turkey. There are also vegtables in the pan. You get mashed potatoes in a seperate bowl and a salid and drink plus dessert.:sohappy:

You can eat as much as you want including dessert. Mickey, Pulto,Chip and Dale all visit you several times.:D

Price is very fair and service has always been great.:cool:

Rosie has been my CM except for 2-3 times. She is super:D

Only thing I miss is the apple crisp they used to have for dessert.

After eating lunch at the GG I never touch food again until about 7 when I get to the French bakery:)

T1nker_Bell

Me and my family always have a good meal at Concourse Steakhouse in the Contempary. I also enjoy Mama Melroses at MGM Studios. Another fun meal is to eat at 1900 Park at the Grand Floridan for a character breakfast. The only place I disliked was Chef Mickey's. Not because of the food, but due to how loud it was. Chef Mickey's is a fun place for kids, but for a family of teens and adults its not worth the money or time.

DCL

My favorite restaurant would have to be Tony's in the MK. IN my opinion, it's the best Italian food on the property, yes... even better than in Italy!

I've never had a bad experience there, and I always make it a point to eat there more than once. Breakfast at Tony's is great too!!

But... I couldn't go without giving honorable mention to Aloha Isle Dole Whips.... MMMMMMM! They are awesome! Too bad they don't give you that piece of pineapple that they used to.... ahhh the good ol' days!

Stellajack

Favorites:
Liberty Tree Tavern-Magic Kingdom
50's Prime Time- MGM
Plaza Pavilion (counterservice)- Magic Kingdom
Whispering Canyon- oops, not in the park!
Hollywood & Vine - MGM

justinsul1

I love 50s prime time b/c the cm are top notch. mine was ellen and she truly made my family feel special. the food wasnt bad either
nine dragons in epcot is excellent. the food was authenticgeneral tso chicken there.
i know this isnt in park, but wolfgang puck cafe in downtown disney was out of this world. not exegeratting, the food was superb.

imagineersrock

hmmm, let me think...

1.) mgm- 50's prime time cafe [love that atmosphere]
2.) epcot- mexico pavillion
3.) a.k.- hands down the rainforest cafe!

***ever had the breakfast buffet at the beach resort??? oh damn you have not eaten breakfast until you've had the buffet at the beach resort! mmMMmMmMm....****:slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom