Favorite Places to Eat

DisneyDebNJ

I just booked my vacation for next year, 2017, and I started looking at menus of places I know I want to eat at and got to wondering what are peoples favorite sit down places to eat in the parks?

Magic Kingdom - The Plaza and Tony's Town Square are my favorite
Epcot - Morocco, France, Germany, and the Norway Bakery
Hollywood Studios - Don't really eat much here but Quick Service food, but I did enjoy SiFi Drive In and Brown Derby, but not overly thrilled with any of the sit down places here, don't know why.
Animal Kingdom - I've only eaten at Rainforest Café.
For my family
Magic Kingdom Crystal Palace for breakfast, Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch or dinner
Epcot Via Napoli or Le Chef de France for dinner
Holywood Studios - 50s Prime time Cafe for lunch or dinner
Animal Kingdom (we actually go to Boma or Sanaa at AKL)

epcotisbest

For my family
Magic Kingdom Crystal Palace for breakfast, Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch or dinner
Epcot Via Napoli or Le Chef de France for dinner
Holywood Studios - 50s Prime time Cafe for lunch or dinner
Animal Kingdom (we actually go to Boma or Sanaa at AKL)
Hello stranger. It has been awhile.

Jess G

Liberty Tree for dinner is one of our favorites in the parks. (looking forward to Skippers Cantina on a future trip)

There are a lot of varied places to eat at Epcot, you like 'ethnic' foods.. Coral Reef is fun too. The food isn't special (that sounds bad.. it is good, but isn't better than other places, the draw here is the fish), but you are eating next to the aquarium.

We don't tend to spend a lot of time at HS, the only TS meal I've had there is Sci Fi. I enjoyed it.

There aren't a lot of TS options at AK either.. I didn't love Yak and Yeti.. (just not my kind of flavors), but had a fun time at Tusker House dinner.

Some of our favorite places are at the resorts.. Boma at AKL (both breakfast and dinner), Cape May at Beach Club dinner (great seafood buffet) and Captain's Grille at Yacht Club. The last two are easy walks from Epcot's International Gateway, and worth considering on Epcot days.

How was the food at Tusker house for dinner? Have an ADR but we are 2 adults so "character dining" doesn't mean much... Does the food compare to Boma dinner buffet?

yedliW

We were a party of 7, 5 adults, 2 kids (including a 18mo). The ADR was for 6p, on a day the park closed at 6. It was pretty empty, so we had plenty of time with each of the characters as they came around.

There was a pretty good selection of both 'exotic' and 'safe' foods, but not quite the spectrum that was at Boma. The carved meats could have been better (they were a bit dry, and on the well done side), and one ran out before we ended. I would probably prefer Boma. I don't know cost difference since we usually go with DDP.. so they both were the same.. :)

We don't like to duplicate dining experiences, so it isn't on our short list to return.. but I would like to try it for breakfast sometime.. (Boma is a very good breakfast buffet)

yedliW

How was the food at Tusker house for dinner? Have an ADR but we are 2 adults so "character dining" doesn't mean much... Does the food compare to Boma dinner buffet?

We were a party of 7, 5 adults, 2 kids (including a 18mo). The ADR was for 6p, on a day the park closed at 6. It was pretty empty, so we had plenty of time with each of the characters as they came around.

There was a pretty good selection of both 'exotic' and 'safe' foods, but not quite the spectrum that was at Boma. The carved meats could have been better (they were a bit dry, and on the well done side), and one ran out before we ended. I would probably prefer Boma. I don't know cost difference since we usually go with DDP.. so they both were the same.. :)

We don't like to duplicate dining experiences, so it isn't on our short list to return.. but I would like to try it for breakfast sometime.. (Boma is a very good breakfast buffet)

OliveMcFly

MK - Tony's (went for the 1st time 2 years ago and loved it)
EC - Lotus Blossom Café
DHS - Sci-Fi
AK - N/A
Resort - Beaches and Cream
Disney Springs - Cookes of Dublin (my bf loved to eat here when it was raining, he still mentions it every time it rains at home)

TXDisney

We still have tons o restaurants we want to try. It is hard to plan a trip and stay flexible booking reservations every meal. Winging it is nice some days.

Victoria and Alberts
California Grill

Yachtmans Steakhouse
Le Celier
Via Napoli
Chefs de France
Teppan Edu

bethymouse

MK- Tony's ( most people dislike it, but we find it quite good... both food and service)
AK- Tusker House dinner ( nice character meal, decent food)
HS- Mama Melrose ( liked Hollywood and Vine dinner... peel n eat shrimp... non character last time we went too)
EPCOT- Tepan Edo ( like the Japanese steakhouse... yummy steak) My favorite park to dine in... so many good choices!:D

carriehpotter

I'm gonna do this a bit differently...

Breakfast: Crystal Palace (MK), The Wave (Contemporary), Kona Cafe (Polynesian)
Lunch: The Plaza Restaurant (MK), Via Napoli (Epcot), Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater [for the atmosphere, not the food (HS)], Beaches n Cream (Beach Club)
Dinner: Be Our Guest (MK), Le Cellier (Epcot), Yak & Yeti (AK)

EvilQueen-T

When we do studios we head over to the boardwalk or that area resorts for a table service meal. For quick service they have added 3 new kiosks (food and wine style booths) not far from the Indiana Jones stunt show that we liked. One had on site made waffles that you could get as just a waffle or as a turkey gouda waffle sandwich that was pretty good. One booth had empanadas and nachos which were both were fine and a booth with sliders. They were a nice change from what you can usually get at studios.

Noellikechristmas

AK: Flame Tree BBQ. I've heard really good things about Yak & Yeti and can't wait to try it in October
EP: Beirgarten is my ultimate fav...great show, food and ambiance
HS: Everything Sucks

Don't forgot to try the resorts dining options. They have some of the best food! Ohana is awesome!

UberPlannerMom

MK- I really enjoyed BOG for lunch. We always end up with crystal palace or LTT for dinner and neither of those is ever anything I love. Breakfast is a snack thing for me so I head to gaston's tavern. I can't speak to QS because they keep changing what they serve.

EP- I feel like I am never wowed. I know that people have issues picking because they love all the restuarants so much but I haven't had that issue. Sunshine seasons always seems bland to me and my husband never wants to do QS in world showcase. :( TS I used to love garden grill... then they got rid of the catfish so nope. We end up at Akershus, maybe next trip we can try something else. LOVED the fisherman's pie during food and wine though.

HS- Kids dictate Hollywood and Vine and I don't find the food repulsive so that is good. They have a massive dessert section. Hubby loves ABC commissary.

AK- Love tusker house breakfast, can't handle the smell of the seasonings for lunch. Usually do flame tree for dinner.

The place we always think back and go, oh yum! about is Ohana breakfast. The whole thing is so yummy!

The place no one has mentioned is the theater disney springs. Hubby and I had a very rare date night out at disney springs and decided to see a movie in one of the theaters where you can order food and the food was really good. The drinks weren't to shabby either. ;) Highly recommend it if you have a rainy day you want to waste away.

RiceCrispyMickey

These are mine:

MK: Be our guest

Epcot: Coral reef

DHS: Mama Melrose

DAK: Never done any of the TS restaurants here but love Flame tree for QS.

Resorts: Love both Ohana and Kona at the Poly and Cali Grill at the Contemporary.

me_stitch

Premium Member
MK - Liberty Tree Tavern, Tony's, Sleepy Hollow
Epcot - Coral Reef, Le Cellier, Rose & Crown
HS - Mama Melrose's
AK - Flame Tree BBQ, Tusker House (character breakfast)
Resorts - California Grill, Boma
DS - Earl of Sandwich

WDWDarling

What a fun thread! Here are my choices:

-MK: BOG, Crystal Palace (breakfast)
-EPCOT: Via Napoli
-DHS: Mama Melrose
-DAK: Yak & Yeti
-Resorts: Ohana (Poly), Kona (Poly), Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club), Sanaa (AKL)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom