favorite places to eat off property?

SAV

If you are in the mood for some good ice cream, go to Ginther's Swirls. It is so good. Nice and creamy and tons of toppings or you can get flavors infused into the soft serve itself. It is at 11036 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32821

We're going to be in Orlando in a month and I'm already planning on going there the first night and last night in town.

Seanual757

Feel free to bring some down :D I miss Portillo's (I was born in Elk Grove and used to be based in Chicago for UA) I sure miss a Good Ol BIG Beef.

jensenrick

The Pub at Pointe Orlando has the best fish and chips I've ever had - http://www.experiencethepub.com/orlando

Also really good at Pointe Orlando, is Adobe Gila's. It looks divey, but that's just the decor. Not only great food at excellent prices, but great live music many nights. We often stay there for hours.

If we want Tex-Mex, we usually head up I-Drive apiece to Chuy's - they have an awesome window in the middle of the restaurant, where you can watch the ladies making the tortillas from scratch, not to mention all the original sauces they have. I love the creamy jalapeno.

Vincenzo's is in the same plaza as Charley's Steak house on I-Drive, but a much more elegant experience. It's a bit pricy (no worse than Disney though) but it's family run and has the awesome recipes to prove it. Their tiramisu is incomparable.

Last but not least, my new fave- Tin Roof at the I-Drive 360 area, practically right at the base of the big wheel. Fun and unique menu full of twists on Southern staples, and excellent drink specials. The outdoor bar is EXCEllent for people watching.

jensenrick

[QUOTE="amaley01, post: 6737916, member: 55668"
I’m curious, any experiences with the orlando magiccard or other coupon sites?
Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

I haven't done magiccard in years, but I've had good experiences with Groupon.

jensenrick

Thank you @NiarrNDisney but I forgot to say I'll be offsite for this portion of the trip and no car. We're going to Discovery Cove as my mom's birthday present and I'd like to take her somewhere nice for dinner but it has to be close to Royal Pacific. Maybe on i-Drive?

FishBones on Sand Lake Rd is just a 10 minute drive, highly rated, and a wonderful meal everytime I've been there.

jensenrick

The Pub at Pointe Orlando has the best fish and chips I've ever had - http://www.experiencethepub.com/orlando

Also really good at Pointe Orlando, is Adobe Gila's. It looks divey, but that's just the decor. Not only great food at excellent prices, but great live music many nights. We often stay there for hours.

If we want Tex-Mex, we usually head up I-Drive apiece to Chuy's - they have an awesome window in the middle of the restaurant, where you can watch the ladies making the tortillas from scratch, not to mention all the original sauces they have. I love the creamy jalapeno.

Vincenzo's is in the same plaza as Charley's Steak house on I-Drive, but a much more elegant experience. It's a bit pricy (no worse than Disney though) but it's family run and has the awesome recipes to prove it. Their tiramisu is incomparable.

Last but not least, my new fave- Tin Roof at the I-Drive 360 area, practically right at the base of the big wheel. Fun and unique menu full of twists on Southern staples, and excellent drink specials. The outdoor bar is EXCEllent for people watching.

Innkeeper's Club

Last August for the first time I tried CiCi's Pizza because there was a Cast Member who always recommended it to us and it was better than expected. Even though there are several locations in Orlando he said go to the one located at 535 & Palm Parkway, so we did and have gone back multiple times.

SAV

Having just got back from Universal, we ate off-site quite a few times and one day we did Red Robin. It was ok, but not the best one I have been to. We also went to Noodles & Co. in Dr. Phillips a couple of times since we didn't want fast food, but also didn't want to have to pay a tip to anyone at a sit down place.

I also made it a point to get to Ginther's and they didn't disappoint. It was soo yummy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom