Favorite Place to People Watch

ToInfinityAndBeyond

Original Poster
Now that I live fairly close to WDW, I'm there almost every week. One of my favorite pastimes is to people watch and I am thoroughly convinced that there are few places better than WDW to witness the best and worst of Western culture.

It's great to just grab a snack and stroll around the Magic Kingdom and watch people busily scurry by as they try to fit in every morsel of fun there is to find. Sometimes, you get one of those moments of comedy gold or you catch a glimpse of a little kid's excited face that just makes you melt. I think my new favorite place to sit and just watch things unfold is Future World: right around the time of day when the sidewalk begins to light up and the sun goes down over Innoventions West.

Do you people watch? Where's your favorite place?

KCheatle

I was going to say Future World is one of my favorite places to just sit down for awhile and watch the people walk by--so many different types of people!! :eek::rolleyes:o_O:cautious::bored::joyfull::in pain:

This location holds a special place in my heart though because when my DD was little, we used to hole up in FWW and I would hold her as she napped for an hour or so. I loved listening to the background loop music there and just watching all the people walk by.

I vividly remember thinking to myself on that first trip with her that I couldn't believe we were finally in WDW. :D That was the first moment on that trip when I had paused to think about that. And, just as soon as I had thought that, my thoughts went back to that the trip will be over before we know it and we'll be back to the real world once again. :( But, I told myself on that trip that it will only be a matter of time before we're back and I'm sitting here listening to this background loop once again.

On each trip since, I have walked through that area on the way to Soarin' or Nemo, and I have heard that music and I've stopped and said a prayer of thanks that we were back. And I tell myself that even though this trip will have to end at some point, that we will always come back. :)

Last edited:

Minnie1986

I was going to say Future World is one of my favorite places to just sit down for awhile and watch the people walk by--so many different types of people!! :eek::rolleyes:o_O:cautious::bored::joyfull::in pain:

This location holds a special place in my heart though because when my DD was little, we used to hole up in FWW and I would hold her as she napped for an hour or so. I loved listening to the background loop music there and just watching all the people walk by.

I vividly remember thinking to myself on that first trip with her that I couldn't believe we were finally in WDW. :D That was the first moment on that trip when I had paused to think about that. And, just as soon as I had thought that, my thoughts went back to that the trip will be over before we know it and we'll be back to the real world once again. :( But, I told myself on that trip that it will only be a matter of time before we're back and I'm sitting here listening to this background loop once again.

On each trip since, I have walked through that area on the way to Soarin' or Nemo, and I have heard that music and I've stopped and said a prayer of thanks that we were back. And I tell myself that even though this trip will have to end at some point, that we will always come back. :)
Such a sweet story!

French Quarter

I am so glad that you started this thread. Sitting around and people watching while taking it all is one of my favourite things to do at WDW.

I love sitting in France with a glass of wine and watching the world go by. Mexico is another one of my favourites. I like to hang out inside the temple. Food courts at the Values are kind of fun too....especially during the day when most people are at the parks. And I love to sit on the veranda on Main Street outside where the Mickey meet and greet is.

POLY LOVER

A good spot is near the jungle cruise, I like watching the family's with little kids. They are usually knocked out by late evening and some of the looks on the sleepy kids faces are precious.

Last edited:

Danno0209

People watching is by far one of my favorite things to do at WDW! There really isn't a bad spot to do it!

Very sweet, touching story

StephK

Ride lines are a great place to people watch. Its interesting to see all of the different family/group dynamics and my boyfriend & I always make up a little story for how they are related/who is who in the groups. Should i be admitting this, probably not o_O Lol

Chef Mickey

I guess I don't like people enough to people watch.

I try to "People Avoid."

My favorite place for people avoid is the TTA an early morning showing of COP.

blueboxdoctor

The indoor counter services are usually pretty good, especially one of the bigger/crowded ones. Though, since one of my favorite is the Harbor House, I'm forced to sit by a window if any people watching is going on since the top floor usually isn't that crowded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom