Favorite place to meet characters

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
I wish we could go back to the good old days when you could meet characters without waiting in line for 45+ mins and maybe having to use a FP. I remember when characters would just walk around and you could go up to them and get their autograph and your picture made. Some of the best times I've met characters would be when they would pop up out of nowhere.

It was on our 2013 trip, we had just gotten some ice cream from Aunt Gerdie's at DHS around 2:30pm. While we were finishing up our ice cream, a whole bunch of characters came out behind of Indiana Jones. Minnie, Pocahontas, Meeko, Jessie, the penguins from Mary Poppins, and many more. They were headed straight for the sidewalk that goes ground Echo Lake. I was so surprise to see Minnie!! There was like no one around so I definitely took advantage of the opportunity!!

I don't mind going to the specific places to meet certain characters, but sometimes you might be lucky and catch some just wandering around. Where do you like to go to meet characters?

Worldlover71

Anywhere there is a short line! My general rule is not to wait more than 10-15 minutes. I have made a few exceptions but I still skip most of them if the wait is too long. Last October I went to Fairytale Hall for the first time. I went half an hour after opening and there was no one at all waiting. I got my pictures with the princesses and there was even time for Cinderella to record a message for my mother without holding up anyone. As far as actual locations, I love Main Street and World Showcase.

TiggerDad

Fairytale Gardens, where Merida currently does the M&G. Although the last couple of trips she has not been very interactive and spirited like she used to be.

belledream

We rarely wait for characters but stumbled upon Adventurers Outpost with 0 wait and loved Minnie and Mickey's explorer outfits, and the backdrop!

Side note: caught Chip and Dale wandering the Disney Dream as we turned the corner on a random deck. They didn't just stop for a picture. They dictated our poses! (Back to back with arms crossed). So cute.

Me 'Earties

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate
I wish we could go back to the good old days when you could meet characters without waiting in line for 45+ mins and maybe having to use a FP. I remember when characters would just walk around and you could go up to them and get their autograph and your picture made. Some of the best times I've met characters would be when they would pop up out of nowhere.

It was on our 2013 trip, we had just gotten some ice cream from Aunt Gerdie's at DHS around 2:30pm. While we were finishing up our ice cream, a whole bunch of characters came out behind of Indiana Jones. Minnie, Pocahontas, Meeko, Jessie, the penguins from Mary Poppins, and many more. They were headed straight for the sidewalk that goes ground Echo Lake. I was so surprise to see Minnie!! There was like no one around so I definitely took advantage of the opportunity!!

I don't mind going to the specific places to meet certain characters, but sometimes you might be lucky and catch some just wandering around. Where do you like to go to meet characters?

Had a similar experience at DHS a couple years back. I was waiting for my party right outside the ToT exit with my brother and little one. You know where the ToT's exit is, that little coffee stand/wait area? There is a cast member entrance/gate right by that area. While waiting, there was an unscheduled character meet and greet by the cast member entrance, and we happened to meet Aladdin, Geenie, and a couple others. Aladdin and Geenie stuck out because we had tried to see Aladdin at MK/EP several times, and we just kept missing the scheduled meet times. I spent so much time trying to get an opportunity for my brother to meet Aladdin (as a child, he was so disappointed he missed Aladdin on Broadway with a school field trip, so it's been a long time joke in the fam that he has to finally meet Aladdin while at WDW) and was unsuccessful for a few days, so this was a welcomed surprise. Anyhow, it was super cool-no wait at all!

nickys

Premium Member
We prefer character meals so we can meet the "classic " characters while eating, rather than waiting in line. I say we, really just me! I think my family are done with them mostly.

I do remember our first onsite stay we went to AK and had to every trail. Went to DHS and had to 2 days of waiting for power rangers at the end of SOA (I may or may not have signed "pink ranger" after the event after she stopped signing to get though more photos). But also met Chip and Dale outside MK by chance, several around Epcot, and Toy Story characters over in Frontierland just by happening to see a cm set up her sign. Those days are behind us now though, I just snap photos if I see them. Got some nice ones of Mary Poppins near the Hub at Christmas.

JIMINYCR

Always meet the Pooh characters at Crystal Palace and the nice variety of characters at 1900 Park Fare. Sometimes go to the Disney Visa character meets. Other than those we dont plan character M&G s. When Jiminy Cricket was around we ALWAYS met him at Rafikis Conservation area or by Pinocchios Village Haus. The longest wait I ever tolerated was for the 7 dwarfs at a MVMCP, and that was an exception.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
To answer the question posed by the OP: ----- Character Meals...because they come to me (although it's more of a convenience rather than a sound financial decision....but my kids don't seem to mind).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom