Favorite Part of MNSSHP?

WildLodgeFan

Original Poster
Since ticket sales start tomorrow and we will be attending for the first time this year - I would love to hear everyone's favorite part or favorite memory from previous year events to get us all in the mood!

So share away and hey even kick some ideas around of what you would like to see - you never know who might be listening in! :animwink:

drew81

Mine would have to be meeting rare and different characters. In years past they had Goliath Gargoyle, Pain, Panic, Thumper, Darkwing Duck, Quasimodo, Big Bad Wolf etc. Too bad they don't have them out anymore.

WildLodgeFan

Original Poster
Mine would have to be meeting rare and different characters. In years past they had Goliath Gargoyle, Pain, Panic, Thumper, Darkwing Duck, Quasimodo, Big Bad Wolf etc. Too bad they don't have them out anymore.

What?!? Thumper is a villain? :eek:

But that would be cool - especially the big bad wolf - that would be a great photo oppty for my husband - who has several big bad wolf hats and tees!

disneygirl1

There is nothing not to love about this event! But I have to say the Boo to you Parade and HallowWishes take the cake... HallowWishes might in fact be my new favorite fireworks show. I just love it :)

Unplugged

The best has to be when the parade starts:

The lights dim, the wolves howl, the lightning strikes, then the story of the Headless Horseman. But wait.....what's that down the parade route coming this way. That's not a float.....it can't be....it's the Headless Horseman on his black stead!

Very cool. Tough to catch a good photo of him though with the lights so dim.

Figment25

The best has to be when the parade starts:

The lights dim, the wolves howl, the lightning strikes, then the story of the Headless Horseman. But wait.....what's that down the parade route coming this way. That's not a float.....it can't be....it's the Headless Horseman on his black stead!

Very cool. Tough to catch a good photo of him though with the lights so dim.

I agree, my favorite part is the beginning of the parade with the headless horseman on the stallion, that horse is so beautiful and it gives me chills everytime. I also like hallowishes with the fireworks themed to music from nightmare before christmas

Tinkrbell

The parade definitely, especially the music. I listen to the CD of the music at least once a week.

I really enjoy the fireworks as well. We watch the parade on Main Street, across from the Emporium & then move up closer to the castle to claim a spot for the fireworks as soon as the parade is over.

Also, the short waits are pretty nice.

Puddle jumping last year! Even though the party that I went too was washed out(Rained the whole time) we still had a blast. I got to see the parade and fireworks, got to trick-or-treat:slurp:, and jump in massive puddles! Just like being a kid again. :sohappy:

WildLodgeFan

Original Poster
There is nothing not to love about this event! But I have to say the Boo to you Parade and HallowWishes take the cake... HallowWishes might in fact be my new favorite fireworks show. I just love it :)

I think I've read somewhere that the HallowWishes has some unique fireworks - is that true?

EchoOfOphelia

Mine is that it just seems like a special time! You get to dress up and no one thinks you're a WEIRDO ;)

Also, when I went, the park wasn't really very crowded and we got to go on rides over and over agian. We had a Splash Mountain log all to ourselves.

mickeymaniacs

I loved the HM float in the parade along with the sparking shovels. They were really cool. We missed the headless horseman because we were getting our photopass stuff done but the kids saw it and freaked they thought it was awesome. wasn't thrilled with the fireworks cause there is no flying witch or anything but they were ok. Be sure to get your MNSSHP merchandise kinda early cause when we were there stuff sold pretty fast. You're gonna have fun.

mcstensrud

Puddle jumping last year! Even though the party that I went too was washed out(Rained the whole time) we still had a blast. I got to see the parade and fireworks, got to trick-or-treat:slurp:, and jump in massive puddles! Just like being a kid again. :sohappy:

I think that I was at the same one,but the rain didnt stop us either!
We loved the Boo Too You Parade,I think it is the best Parade :)

jenlar

Yep... the Headless Horseman is a *huge* highlight of the evening. The horse is just *beautiful* and the horseman is SCARY! I mean, he's *real*! and *headless*! and charging down the street!!!

The whole Haunted Mansion section of the parade is great. The sparking shovels, and the way the whole thing is led by the groundskeeper with a gorgeous bloodhound. (Sorry... I'm such an animal freak!)

Also, there was a character on the small lawn in front of Haunted Mansion. It was a lounging ghost lady who was chatting with the crowd. Maybe one of the Disney gurus can tell you more about her. When we got off the ride she was gone!

Cmdr_Crimson

the past 2 times I've gone I cosplay as an anime character...It's fun to see the expressions of people who know who I was supposed to be and hear yelling from the other side of the walkway of Main Street..

Ride Times....It's much smaller than a regular day.

Candy.....What else is there to say?

smk

The parade is fabulous! The headless horseman is such a site and the parade participants are really into their characters. I also love the trick or treating! :lol: It is my very favorite parade!

MattyFresh

I went for the first time last Oct. and really had no idea what to expect. The whole park takes on a different vibe. It really is a lot of fun, from the parade and fireworks, to the NO WAIT for rides.....its just an overall fun time.

One suggestion.....if it fits into your trip, go two days one to do all the parties and trick or treat, and the other to take advantage of the short lines.
Make that two suggestions, make an ADR for LTT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom