Favorite park "nap zones"

Raineman

I cannot recall ever napping while at the parks at WDW, but the kind of relief I need at the parks has to do with my tired, aching feet about halfway through our week there. The TTA is great for sitting down, and putting your feet up (as long as no one is sitting right across from you). Any occasion to sit for longer than 5 minutes is beautiful, and thankfully there are many benches/short walls/food seating areas that can serve that purpose (I think my favourite quiet sitting spot is the little courtyard behind Tamu Tamu at DAK, with a Dole Whip & rum in my hand).

WDWMPrincess

The plane ride back home. :D I just can't reason with myself to take a nap when I'm paying to be at Disney. I always tell people going to Disney World is a trip, not a vacation.

Haha oh yeah. I bet the flight stewards love me for being such an easy passenger. I always get a window seat and I am out by the time the plane levels out. I let my spouse know if I want him to order me a drink and wake me for it or not. Usually I never even talk to the flight steward other than hello as we board and good-bye as we disembark. I've only fallen asleep in any of the Disney parks once. We had five days including several early mornings and by the afternoon of Day 5 I was smooth wore out I guess. First I knew was my spouse poking me telling me time to get out.

winstongator

I mean, there have been some nights that I was out at the park till 1 am for magic hours, then had to journey back to the park AND wind down, then try and sleep and get up the next morning and do it all over again. Here are some of the attractions in Orlando I have zonked out on-

Dr. Freaking Doom!
Maelstrom
Stitch's escape
Safari
Spider Man
Finding Nemo show at AK
The tram ride in... Cmon now!
Doom? Need a back story. Tram ride out is another story! I’ve many times slept on buses back to the resort.

zurgandfriend

This is just unpatriotic and I will not stand for it. Therefore I am lucky that we are seated during the attraction.

There is no time to nap, there will be plenty of time to nap when we get home, now we all need to toughen up and march forward until victory. Victory being the least amount of sleep needed during the stay. I think I need a nap right now.

I read this and all I could think of was Sam Eagle from Muppet Vision.

Michaelson

Actually, if you're there long enough during the week, you'll find you'll fall asleep just about ANYWHERE you sit down, if you're there long enough! My daughter shot a photo of me sitting in the waiting area outside the Polynesian this past February, and I had apparently dozed off. I wasn't even aware I had done that until she showed me the picture later! :-(

Musical Mermaid

The last time I went, I was starting to get a really bad headache and found myself dozing off in that last scene of Small World. The boat was stuck there for several minutes and I was so tired, when I closed my eyes I thought we were moving. How disappointing it was when I opened them only to see that I was still in the same spot listening to the same song over and over. Not a preferred napping spot for me by any means, but it just goes to show, you can fall asleep anywhere when you’re super tired.

ppet

its a small world is a great nap, that way I avoid the creepy dolls and the week of trying to get that song out of my head.

Phonedave

Haha oh yeah. I bet the flight stewards love me for being such an easy passenger. I always get a window seat and I am out by the time the plane levels out. I let my spouse know if I want him to order me a drink and wake me for it or not. Usually I never even talk to the flight steward other than hello as we board and good-bye as we disembark. I've only fallen asleep in any of the Disney parks once. We had five days including several early mornings and by the afternoon of Day 5 I was smooth wore out I guess. First I knew was my spouse poking me telling me time to get out.

I used to do that on planes too. Used to, turns out I had sleep apena and that's why I could sleep anywhere at the drop of a hat. I no longer do that.

However, once we were on a flight to the Cayman's. We get on board, and as we are pushing back, I am asleep. I wake up later and we are on ground. I say to my friend "oh, we landed already". She says "no, we are still in Newark, we have had a ground hold for the last hour." I say "oh, that stinks" and I go back to sleep. My friends were very jealous that I could sleep like that..

Phonedave

While not in the parks, the conference area on the 3rd floor (South end) of the Contemporary is a great place to nap.
Actually, if you're there long enough during the week, you'll find you'll fall asleep just about ANYWHERE you sit down, if you're there long enough! My daughter shot a photo of me sitting in the waiting area outside the Polynesian this past February, and I had apparently dozed off. I wasn't even aware I had done that until she showed me the picture later! :-(

There is a FB group called "Disney Vacation Club Members" where one of things that they do there is post pictures of people (no faces) taking "hobo naps" - sleeping on benches in the parks, etc. You would be surprised some of the places. In the floor in Innoventions, on benches, in corners, etc.

Also popular on that group is calling out people who put their feet on the tables in the EPCOT members lounge, despite DVC staff pointedly telling you when you enter "please keep you feet off the furniture."

CptRon

Wellll... It was an unplanned nap, but at twilight of a long hot day, during a gently breezy and cooling rain, I completely zonked out on The People Mover. And I felt so great when I woke up! So, yeah, one more vote for it from me.

KimAnnFran

Let's face it, there are some areas or attractions in the parks that are perfect for naps. What are your favorites, any tips to the nap travelers on how to sneak off a nap without looking weird?

It used to be the universe of energy.... after you've seen it once or twice you can definitely take a nice 15 or 16 minute nap in there and it's always cool. Of course not anymore... our school takes the 8th graders every year they always sleep in the American Adventure which really annoys me! LOL

Disneylover152

Places I have napped inside Disney Parks:

Magic Kingdom:
- The People Mover
- The Little Mermaid
- Mickey's PhiliarMagic
- Hall of Presidents
- Tom Sawyer Island
- Country Bear Jamboree
- The Tiki Room
- the pathway from Storybook Circus to Tomorrowland

Epcot:
- American Adventure at Epcot
- Circle Vision at France
- Circle Vision at Canada
- Circle Vision at Canada

Hollywood Studios:
- Muppet Vision 3D
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Disney Junior

Animal Kingdom:
NONE, surprisingly

Disneyland Park:
- Main Street Cinema
- Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
- A park bench in the Hub
- The Tiki Room
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- A park bench in Critter Country
- A park bench in the soon to be entrance to Star Wars Land
- Tom Sawyers Island
- A park bench on Big Thunder Trail
- The Mark Twain
- A park bench in the Small World Mall
- The Fantasyland Theatre
- Star Wars Path of the Jedi

Disney California Adventure:
- A park bench in Grizzly Peak
- The Little Mermaid
- the line for Radiator Springs Racers when it broke down
- The Pixar Shorts
- The Floor of the Animation Building

I like to nap :)

awheartsdw

Our 15 year old daughter will not allow us to do Carousel of Progress or Muppet Vision because my husband and I always fall asleep. She gets annoyed that we do the attraction and snooze for 20 minutes. I've fallen asleep during PhilarMagic, my husband falls asleep on the railroad around MK, this past visit he zonked out on The Seas with Nemo. One day she will understand why we nap but youth is on her side right now. :facepalm:

TwilightZone

Original Poster
Muppetvison, every time. Even this past time, when I was in the front row with my kids. The old Living Seas used to be perfect for snoozing...."and it rained.....and rained......and rained......"
I once fell asleep watching a video about the living seas

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom