• Tap of Nations

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • The Electric Light Parade The Original

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Spectromagic

Votes: 30 56.6%

• Total voters

Epcot82Guy

I loved Tapestry. I never saw ToN, but ToD was just such a cool concept. Spectro is great, too, but I'm not a huge character person, so it doesn't do as much for me (kind of like Fantasmic!)

KnK

I grew up in CA and Electric Light is the orginal. Was excited when I got to see it a couple of years ago at WDW.

Tigger1988

Main Street Electrical Parade...nothing compares to it, the music, the floats, it was magical, and it had more farewell tours than Cher.

Spectromagic is so beautiful, it literally brings me to tears :cry:

Everything about is perfect, including the soundtrack (which I often listen to).

I'm hoping it'll still be there in December (next trip!)

Lara

KaliSplash

The Main Street Electrical Parade is the reason parades were invented.

Whatever the additional effects add in SpectroMagic pale beyond significance compared with MSEP's score, which was the reason music was invented.

BRING BACK THE MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL PARADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tigger1988

KaliSplash said:
The Main Street Electrical Parade is the reason parades were invented.

Whatever the additional effects add in SpectroMagic pale beyond significance compared with MSEP's score, which was the reason music was invented.

BRING BACK THE MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL PARADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't agree with you more, I always thought SpectroMagic (though a great parade on it's own) always paled in comparison to MSEP.

murphy

Main Street Electrical Parade Hands Down!!!! Saw it twice in 2000 and it does not comepare to any other parade! I hope some day it will return to WDW!! Or maybe there will be a new parade that compares and will stay at WDW!! I also agree that spectromagic is pale in comparision!!

imagineersrock

As far as WDW goes, I'd have to vote Spectro...

But Just getting back from a trip to CA... I must say DLR currently has 3 great parades showing:

1.) The 50th celebration's "Parade of Dreams" had really high quality floats, and wonderful performers. It was short, but good and stopped at one point to do a quick dance number (same idea as ToN) which was pretty entertaining, fairly catchy music as well.

2.) "Block Party Bash" over at DCA was short in length and pretty minimal in themeing as far as the floats went... yet it was suprisingly entertaining, and the concept of this parade was very interesting--- rather than a regular parade that just rolls by, this one stopped in certain locations to do an entire 10-15 song and dance mega-mix with high energy performers and acrobats... the music was down-right fun (as it was made up of some of the biggest hits, everything from Heya! to the YMCA.) Again, not sure how this different type of parade concept will go over with everyone else, but I found it to be very creative in comparison to the everyday parade.

3.) And finally, the Mainstreet Electrical Parade... it is pure Disney magic... 'nuff said! :cool:

Anyway, all-in-all I was very impressed by DLR entertainment and can't wait to see what kind of innovative new parades we see here at WDW over the next few years. -Heres to hoping the Epcot 25th one is a good one! :)

NemoRocks78

Seized
1. Party Gras (DL)
2. Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade (DAK)
3. SpectroMagic (MK)
4. Main Street Electrical Parade (MK/DL)
5. Mickey Mania (MK)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom