Favorite non-Disney part of a Disney vacation

BJones82

Walking out of the Orlando Airport into the Florida sunshine and humidity...Love that hot air and the smells!

So agree, we always fly in at night after work so it is normally between 10pm and midnight and I love it being dark and hot and humid lol, though the next day I am not so fond of the heat and humidity lol...

R W B

I'd say it's the drive (10hrs) and just getting into Florida at the welcome center and getting a cup of the freash Orange juice. Love it. We enter via i10 so we still have another 7-8 hrs before we get their though lol.

Taking in how many rear wheel drive sports cars are there then remembering you live in the snowy northeast where RWD is useless in the winter.

Going to Publix has basically become a tradition.
This December I'll do a burnout in the M3 in your honor, I can't imagine the pain you must be going through living their lol.

Matt_Black

So agree, we always fly in at night after work so it is normally between 10pm and midnight and I love it being dark and hot and humid lol, though the next day I am not so fond of the heat and humidity lol...

See, in 2012, we went in December after work, and it was cold and windy. We quipped that it was probably warmer back up in PA.

Disnee4Me

Shopping the Disney outlets off property and getting bargains. Oh and we always seem to end up at the same Cracker Barrel in Georgia.

NiarrNDisney

North Carolina. It is legal to have family reunions so the kids can get dates and married, but Heaven forbid that they sell beer or alcohol cheaper for a 2 hour period.

Well that stinks! What's up with those Carolinas? I know until only a few years ago South Carolina only allowed mini bottles to be sold in bars which just sounds ridiculous and like a whole lot of trouble and waste just to make one mixed drink.

Last edited:

RKSteel

Hitting the road at 3:30am after all the planning and anticipation and finally going on vacation.
Crossing the St. Mary's River on I95 into Flo-ri-da.
Eating ice cream every day. :D

jiminy.cricket

I have to concur that anticipation-building (by humidity, palm trees, billboards, soundtracks, highway signs) always gets me pumped and nostalgic! Humidity always makes me think of Disney, which is why I get a different vibe in California--I have this vague sense that the humidity is missing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom