Favorite New Attraction of Fantasyland Expansion

RadioHead

Actually, from looking at the models of the DCA version, the ride looks a lot shorter than I expected, with mostly tiny show scenes and not really on the scale of HM.

I still think this looks like a great attraction, definitely the best of the expansion and probably the best thing in Fantasyland (plus, it's overdue that TLM gets something like this in the parks, since Pixar movies have been getting ride after ride). Hopefully you guys are right about this being at the level of HM.

One of the members here, who is very knowledgeable about ride times, was able to count the number of omnivores, and compare that to of HM. The shortest possible time it 5:30 and the longest is 6:30...

SeaCastle

I agree. It looks more like Haunted Mansion to me. I know 'insiders' say differently, but this dark ride is no C ticket. D+ to E it looks like.

D+ more likely. Our insiders have an excellent track record, and are more knowledgeable in the ride than we are. How many of us have actually seen the plans?

Not to turn this into a D/E debate, but TLM won't be a Pirates (with complex, Jack Sparrow-esque animatronics), not a Haunted Mansion (in size or detail), not an Expedition Everest (TLM isn't costing $100,000,000), and in no way an Indiana Jones Adventure. I haven't seen the plans myself, but I'm basing this off what our insiders have said, and they are very much worth their salt. :wave: [/brown nosing]

misterID

I think my favorite will be the Snow White mine car coaster. :)

Wait a second...

youvebeentdod.png

:lol: Nice. Love the Punch Out, too.

I don't know where people are getting 6:00 from. There was only one person here who was saying he thought it was over 6 minutes based on the number of vehicles. The guys in the know have said more like 4:30 minutes. And it does look short. It would be nice if it was 6.

_Scar

D+ more likely. Our insiders have an excellent track record, and are more knowledgeable in the ride than we are. How many of us have actually seen the plans?

Not to turn this into a D/E debate, but TLM won't be a Pirates (with complex, Jack Sparrow-esque animatronics), not a Haunted Mansion (in size or detail), not an Expedition Everest (TLM isn't costing $100,000,000), and in no way an Indiana Jones Adventure. I haven't seen the plans myself, but I'm basing this off what our insiders have said, and they are very much worth their salt. :wave: [/brown nosing]

I've seen the artwork and ride model and the AAs are going to be very advaced. Probably Mermaid's strongest feature.

The hair is going to have to look like it's underneath water and then there's the giant Ursula and the Under the Sea scene. Lots of AAs, lots of detail.

Neverland

:lol: Nice. Love the Punch Out, too.

I don't know where people are getting 6:00 from. There was only one person here who was saying he thought it was over 6 minutes based on the number of vehicles. The guys in the know have said more like 4:30 minutes. And it does look short. It would be nice if it was 6.

4:30 would still be nice, since the only other princess dark ride, Snow White, is only 2:50 (and muuuuuuuuch less advanced..).

SeaCastle

I've seen the artwork and ride model and the AAs are going to be very advaced. Probably Mermaid's strongest feature.

The hair is going to have to look like it's underneath water and then there's the giant Ursula and the Under the Sea scene. Lots of AAs, lots of detail.

Sure, it'll be a nice D-ticket with decent animatronics, but not like Robobama, the Yeti, or Jack Sparrow. However, it's shortfall will be its size and length. As it's been stated, unless your idea of an E-ticket is Winnie the Pooh, this will be a D-ticket, an expensive D-ticket.

RSoxNo1

Sure, it'll be a nice D-ticket with decent animatronics, but not like Robobama, the Yeti, or Jack Sparrow. However, it's shortfall will be its size and length. As it's been stated, unless your idea of an E-ticket is Winnie the Pooh, this will be a D-ticket, an expensive D-ticket.

I think everyone is expecting this to be better than Winnie the Pooh. If it's not, there will be significant disappointment.

Neverland

I think everyone is expecting this to be better than Winnie the Pooh. If it's not, there will be significant disappointment.

As a Pooh CM, I should resent that... But I don't. :lol: It's not exactly high-tech or cutting edge.

I have high expectations for TLM:AA. After seeing the AAs on Sinbad's Storybook Voyage in Disney Sea (which are some years old now, but have great movement and a cartoony quality), I'm hoping to see some pretty darn good AAs in TLM.

MotherOfBirds

It's a bit hard to get too enthused about a lot of meet n' greets plus a menos-E-ticket ride. No doubt it'll be very pretty and lend a lot to the atmosphere, but its not as if we're getting an EE or a Splash Mountain. It's certainly good that TDO is giving MK some TLC, but the emphasis is misguided.

DisneyNut2007

There is only one new attraction in FLE :shrug:

That's not true and you know that!

And to Emilykawaii, please do not be like the other turks around here by dismissing the other attractions in the FLE as being just meet-and-greets because they are going to be a whole lot more than just that.

Reserve judgement until you actually experience everything for yourself.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There is only one new attraction in FLE :shrug:

That depends on how you define "attraction". If you define "attraction" as "ride" then yes, there is only one totally new ride, but the things they are doing in the Beauty and the Beast, Snow White and Cinderella areas can definitely be called attractions. People seem to be writing these off as just meet and greets, but from the descriptions it seems like they are going to be little interactive shows that kids will get to participate in. This might not appeal to the people who read this forum, but these could be really cool experiences for kids.

Mr. Morrow

That depends on how you define "attraction". If you define "attraction" as "ride" then yes, there is only one totally new ride, but the things they are doing in the Beauty and the Beast, Snow White and Cinderella areas can definitely be called attractions. People seem to be writing these off as just meet and greets, but from the descriptions it seems like they are going to be little interactive shows that kids will get to participate in. This might not appeal to the people who read this forum, but these could be really cool experiences for kids.

No it doesn't have to be a ride LMA and MV3d are attractions but besides TLM you have two rethemed rides (Dumbo and BS) and Meet and Greats.

IMO no matter how dressed up it is a Meet and Greet is a Meet & Great and not an attraction.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
No it doesn't have to be a ride LMA and MV3d are attractions but besides TLM you have two rethemed rides (Dumbo and BS) and Meet and Greats.

IMO no matter how dressed up it is a Meet and Greet is a Meet & Great and not an attraction.

I respect your opinion, but I just don't agree with it ;)

I can accept not calling a plain on meet and greet an attraction, but it sounds like these are going to be more like shows then meet and greets. Best thing I can think of to compare them to is the Jedi Training Academy in DHS, which I also consider an attraction.

Dan

Mr. Morrow

I respect your opinion, but I just don't agree with it ;)

I can accept not calling a plain on meet and greet an attraction, but it sounds like these are going to be more like shows then meet and greets. Best thing I can think of to compare them to is the Jedi Training Academy in DHS, which I also consider an attraction.

Dan

See that I don't consider an attraction, their is no queue I put that on the level with Streemisphere perfomers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom