Favorite Moderate Hotel?

ToTBellHop

Coronado Springs--except for the food court...which annoys me. Take out the line and the tipping system and I'd be a MUCH happier boy...
Kyle

Upvote 0

Luau Cove

Coronado is great. I always have a good time in there when I visit it. I really loved Pepper Market and the pool. The Resort is very nice and needs to be seen at night. It's also huge to walk, so grab a bike if you can.
-->LUAU

Upvote 0

disneycentral

Port Orleans Riverside - Né Dixie Landings

Originally posted by NowInc
Old Key West..because the grass feels cool!

Technically, Old Key West is a Home Away From Home Resort, but your right, the grass is funky there. :lol:

I just love Riverside. We stayed there our first two trips to WDW, and have a great fondness for it. I have stayed at all the moderate hotels, and none of them compare to Riverside. Coronado Springs is too spread out, and it just feels deserted all the time, nice pool though. Caribbean Beach is nice, but the main pool is poor, and I just don't feel like there is a great atmosphere there, although the rooms are slightly bigger.

Riverside is great, especially the bayou section. Everything is only two stories tall, and you are surrounded by trees. It really feels like you are isolated, yet everything is close to the main building. The service there has been better than at any other resort, including all of the deluxe resorts we have stayed at. If I weren't a DVC member, I would stay here everytime. I honestly think Animal Kingdom Lodge is the best resort on property, so I would really probably stay there, but if I were looking at moderate resorts, Riverside would be it for sure.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Animal Kingdom Lodge is technically delux, although it has that hybrid price range like Wilderness Lodge--less than the other deluxe resorts but more than moderates. Basically, the rooms are just a bit smaller than the other deluxes...I still love both Lodges...

Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by Beauty and the
For me its Port Orleans Riverside, but I still think the name Dixie Landings is better.

I agree... having Port Orleans in the name links it to the original PO and I have always seen PO as a lesser resort than Dixie Landings... so in a way, I think it degrades the image of the hotel. Kind of strange to think that, but I'm just a strange guy! :hammer:

Upvote 0

SeaSpray

CBR

My family and I loved the atmosphere and overall theming of CBR last year. I'm going back in February with some relatives and they wanted to stay at a moderate, they chose CBR and I can't be happier to know I'm going back there!
CBR is spread out, but request a room close to OPR, which is where the food court, shops, and main pool are. We stayed in Martinique, building 25, and it's an awesome location. Close to OPR and close to the Martinique bus stop!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom