Favorite lunch restaurant

DigitalDisney

There's good stuff to eat at all of the parks. It's impossible to pick just one

MK:
- Casey's - Can't beat a dog, fries, and a drink
- Starlight Ray's - Great selection, great location. Eating outside with Tomorrowland and the castle in the background, and hearing that great Tomorrowland music is an unbeatable experience

Epcot:
- Sunshine Season - It has everything
- Anything in World Showcase

MGM:
- Backlot Express - Yeah, it's just burgers and dogs, but it's fun to eat here

AK:
- Donald's - Nothing special about the food, but the atmosphere is fun
- Tusker House - Decent food here. The Chicken Bacon Swiss sandwich is really, really good

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

I love Caseys, of course :) What more can you ask for...dogs, fries and great location for people watching!

I used to love Sunshine Season FF, but the selection has really been cut down since back in the day...

Heck, I really like most of the ff places at WDW just because I'm there to enjoy them :)

Well, except for the McD's french fry carts....I don't eat them at home, so why would I want them on vacation? :animwink:

Upvote 0

jrashadb

Y'know where is a good place to catch something to eat, if it's not too hot outside? The cart that sells baked potatos in Liberty Square... hear me out for a second.
First of all, I like baked potatos, so the cart already has something in its favor for me. It also has the normal toppings for a baked potato... I don't think it has chili or anything, but you can get chese and bacon and sour cream and stuff.
But, that's not the coolest part about it. The best part is it's in that corner between Frontierland and Liberty Square. It's a great place to people watch, which I love doing at the WDW parks.
Of course, there are better places to eat in the Magic Kingdom, but I just like going there every once in a while...
Plus, I once ate there with my parents and we didn't get in one fight! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Upvote 0

MarkP8

Who eats lunch...

...when one is absolutely stuffed from one of WDW's Breakfasts - Buffet <i>or</i> Table Served?

Whomever I go to WDW with, we always "Priority Seat" a breakfast somewhere, be it:
  • 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian
  • The Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom (under renovation)
  • The Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary Resort
  • King Stephan's (now Cinderella's Royal Table) in the Cinderella Castle at MK
  • Rainforest Cafe at the Animal Kingdom
  • Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge
  • 'Ohana Character Breakfast at the Polynesian Resort
<font size=1><b>Favorites of above:</b>
  • Crystal Palace (had the most fun with Pooh & Friends)
  • Concourse Steakhouse (love those rectangular plates - they hold a lot!)
  • 1900 Park Fare (gotta see Ms. Poppins!)
  • Artist Point (Pocahontas is so beautiful!)
<font size=2>
The times we have taken lunch, usually amounted to a quick snack:
  • Columbia Harbour House (chicken tenders) at MK
  • Pinocchio Village Haus (burgers, etc.) at MK
  • The Commissary at Disney-MGM Studios
or the rarer sit-down table service:
  • The Brown Derby at Disney-MGM Studios
  • The Rose & Crown (EPCOT/World Showcase/Great Britain)
  • San Angel Inn (EPCOT/World Showcase/Mexico)
  • Biergarten (EPCOT/World Showcase/Germany)
<font size=1><b>Favorites: all of these!<font size=2></b>

Nevertheless, my point is: after a <i>huge</i> breakfast we waddle around the parks, unable to stuff another morsel in our gaping maws until dinnertime. :dazzle:

Upvote 0

agdbeanie

If you want counter service (which equals less expensive) then try the Tusker House in the Harambe village at Animal Kingdom (they're rotisserie chicken meal is VERY good). For sit down I have to suggest my all time favorite restaurant---The Prime Time Cafe at MGM. Yummy.
Now, for a GREAT restaurant that is outside the parks, try Boma at the Animal Kingdom lodge. Even if you're not staying there this place is a great side trip for the animals and the food.:slurp:

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

i voted for MK, but it was really close between MK and MGM. if Epcot still had their awesome pizzas in Future World, that would've gotten my vote. but here's a list of places i like to eat:

MK: Pecos Bill's, The Plaza Pavilion (has pizzas that taste exactly like Epcot's original rectangle pizzas :slurp: )(not to be confused with The Plaza...which is a table service), Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe, Pinocchio Village Haus, Columbia Harbour House, Casey's Corner, and my mom and my sister love El Pirata Y el Perico across from the Pirates of the Caribbean (i THINK it's still open)

Epcot: Electric Umbrella, Cantina de San Angel (Mexico), Liberty Inn (American Adventure), Alfredo's (Italy), Boulangerie Patisserie (Fance)(if you have a major sweet-tooth like my family!)

MGM: Backlot Express, Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater (you HAVE to try it!), Pizza Planet (who couldn't love Pizza Planet?)

AK: ummm, Rainforest Cafe? i don't really know, i haven't spent enough time at AK to know the best places to eat there. i think i've only eaten at Rainforest Cafe, Restaurantosauras (sp?), and Tusker House. i really wanna try Pizzafari though!

plan on spending any time in DTD? If you're there during meal time, give Wolfgang Puck Express (Marketplace) a try! and of course, the Rainforest Cafe there is pretty good too. and if you can make a meal out of ice cream, Ghiradelli's is always a great way to go! and, of course, if you like McDonald's, they have one there (though, personally, if i'm at Disney World, i'd like to have something that i can't get at home) if you're over in Pleasure Island, they have some great beef hot dogs at Missing Link Sausage Co.!

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

I love food....

Epcot: Tangerine Cafe- the veggie platter is tops.
LeCellier Steakhouse- is the best (going there next Tuesday night)
Counter service in China is also great
Alfredo's also another must

MGM: Haven't eaten there other than snacks but we have PS for Sci-Fi and Prime Time
I love the coffee shop near the New York Street and a trip to ABC Comm is a must

MK: Casey's of course! We are also trying Liberty Tree for the first time!!

Ok- now I am hungry and I haven't eaten lunch today!!!
2 days and counting.....:sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Katherine

Original Poster
Thanks Everyone!!!!!!!!
I'm just trying to make up a list of possibilities (some old some new) of places to eat cause I'm tired of eating at the same places each time! Not that we get to go that often!
:wave: :wave: :sohappy: :p

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by jrashadb
Y'know where is a good place to catch something to eat, if it's not too hot outside? The cart that sells baked potatos in Liberty Square... hear me out for a second.
First of all, I like baked potatos, so the cart already has something in its favor for me. It also has the normal toppings for a baked potato... I don't think it has chili or anything, but you can get chese and bacon and sour cream and stuff.
But, that's not the coolest part about it. The best part is it's in that corner between Frontierland and Liberty Square. It's a great place to people watch, which I love doing at the WDW parks.
Of course, there are better places to eat in the Magic Kingdom, but I just like going there every once in a while...
Plus, I once ate there with my parents and we didn't get in one fight! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are they actually decent baked potatoes or those icky tasting microwave ones? I never turn down a decent baked 'tater, and people-watching at the World is one of my absolute fave things to do! :D

I do enjoy those brats in Germany too.... :) :slurp:

Upvote 0
I love all of the sit down restaurants in MGM! My top three would be Hollywood & Vine because I love the characters and the buffet is pretty darn good! :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

Upvote 0

jrashadb

Originally posted by cymbaldiva

Are they actually decent baked potatoes or those icky tasting microwave ones? I never turn down a decent baked 'tater, and people-watching at the World is one of my absolute fave things to do! :D

I do enjoy those brats in Germany too.... :) :slurp:

From what I remember, they were real baked potatoes, not microwaved... actually baked. They were pretty good. Yeah, people-watching is a major reason I go now.
BTW, I tried Caseys today... cheese dog... mmmmm. I wanted to eat, like four of those things, they were so good. yum. I've never tried the Brats in Germany... In fact, for the gazillions of times I've been to Epcot, I haven't tried a lot of the international foods... that will change at the Food and Wine Festival, though...
:slurp: :king:

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by jrashadb

From what I remember, they were real baked potatoes, not microwaved... actually baked. They were pretty good. Yeah, people-watching is a major reason I go now.
BTW, I tried Caseys today... cheese dog... mmmmm. I wanted to eat, like four of those things, they were so good. yum. I've never tried the Brats in Germany... In fact, for the gazillions of times I've been to Epcot, I haven't tried a lot of the international foods... that will change at the Food and Wine Festival, though...
:slurp: :king:

Dude! You HAVE to try the brats!!!! Eat one for me too please! :D

I'm glad Casey's was fabulous for you....I haven't been in so long that I'm amazed I even remember....:(

Have fun at F & W - it's a blast! Definately great eats!!! :slurp:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom