Favorite food no longer sold

correcaminos

That is not true. It is not the kids, it's the parents. Kids will eat what parents feed them but it starts when they are young. I do agree the the kids are running the house now. Anyone who says "my kids will only eat nuggets/pizza, etc, that is their own doing, after all, the kids are not doing the grocery shopping. I know we would have loved to have better kids meals at WDW when my girls were young. We just ended up buying an adult meal for them to split.

As a parent I couldn't agree more! My kid doesn't even like the highly processed nuggets and boxed mac n cheese. The meals when my 9yo was 1, I remember they were awful. They were just starting to make changes and they were nasty and bland. Some have gotten better at least but some are still yuck. Obviously not to say that we don't get pizza or burgers, but we get other things as well.

The only time I didn't make the family eat what I made was when a recipe was given to me and I didn't even want to eat it. If I don't eat, they don't have to LOL Otherwise they eat what I make and that's it.

I just realized something else I missed. On Tom Sawyer's Island there was a place "Aunt Polly's" They had good bagged lunches there. PB&J before uncrustables came around. I loved going there.

crxbrett

This is an old one, but the teriyaki beef sandwiches and teriyaki pineapple burgers at the old Adventureland Veranda. Mmmmmm mmm mm! I would eat at that place every single day on my trips, whether it was lunch or dinner. Miss that place a lot.

Martha46

What I miss most is fudge at the candy stores. They still have fudge, but only a few flavors, when they used to have a ton, including some awesome seasonal flavors. Sometimes I want fudge so bad, I will get a boring flavor, but it doesn't really taste all that good anymore. I still find myself walking into The Confectionery on Main Street, or Sweet Spells at Disney's Hollywood Studios, looking for fudge flavors that I know aren't there. I've even written to Guest Relations twice on this topic. Got nice letters back saying they would forward it to the appropriate department, but nothing ever came of it.

I used to like going to Studio Catering Co. at Hollywood Studios before it closed to make room for the new lands. It had no atmosphere, except if you sat next to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground, but somehow I liked it. I liked getting the spicy chicken sandwich. But good news, I have found a new favorite at HS--the antipasto salad at Pizzerizzo! I hope that doesn't go away any time soon.

At Il Mulino at the Swolphin, I used to like this spicy, buttery bread they served before dinner, but they replaced it with some bread with big chunks of onions in it. Yuck!

I also miss the original recipe for mole poblano at San Angel Inn--it used to be less spicy--and the Beavertails some of you mentioned.
And the peanut brittle!

Kevin_W

One more from my youth. I remember going with my family ~30 years ago and we all loved eating at Liberty Tree Tavern. I don't remember the meal, but I remember the bread served with 3 different kinds of butter: regular, apple, and honey. That was my siblings' and my favorite place to eat simply because of the bread. (I also remember the Good Turn restaurant having good cheese bread.)

NiarrNDisney

This is an old one, but the teriyaki beef sandwiches and teriyaki pineapple burgers at the old Adventureland Veranda. Mmmmmm mmm mm! I would eat at that place every single day on my trips, whether it was lunch or dinner. Miss that place a lot.

I wish they would consider bringing Bengal Barbecue to the east coast Adventureland! They could add these items to the menu and I bet it would be a big hit!

jprieur

corn ice cream (Helado de Maíz) from la hacienda de San angel. I know it may sound strange but it had a deliteful flavor and texture. It's been gone for almost 2 years and yet is still on the menu posted outside at the host desk as well as online.

Every time we go I ask the waitstaff about its doom/potential comeback and they always seem to miss it as well.

Minthorne

I miss getting shanked by Gaston
IMG_0495.JPG

GVentola

I checked out the fudge again at Sweet Spells at Disney's Hollywood Studios this past Saturday. They had a seasonal flavor, pumpkin fudge. That's better than no seasonal flavor at all, although I don't really like pumpkin flavored things.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
There is still a salad with mixed greens and roasted chicken but it's not what it used to be. I'm not sure how long my salad has been gone but I think it was changed after the refurbishment so you may have had the new one.
No I see the new one, I know that of which you speak, think I ate that BBQ salad at least 8 times over the years, it was MY lunch the day we went to Animal Kingdom each visit. Yum. Panera has a BBQ chicken salad in summer and its similar but not same. The new salad sounds good too.....we like to eat dinner at Boma for dinner and that is a FEAST.....so I prefer a salad for lunch period. :happy:

Megbutnotmegan

No I see the new one, I know that of which you speak, think I ate that BBQ salad at least 8 times over the years, it was MY lunch the day we went to Animal Kingdom each visit. Yum. Panera has a BBQ chicken salad in summer and its similar but not same. The new salad sounds good too.....we like to eat dinner at Boma for dinner and that is a FEAST.....so I prefer a salad for lunch period. :happy:
Yes!! I feel the same way about the Panera salad! I get it when I need a little Disney at home but it's not the same. I tried the bowl at Satuli last time I was at Animal Kingdom but I still miss our salad!! It's so nice to find someone who understands my salad sadness!!

awelpjourneys

This one's a little out there, but my husband and children fell in love with the potato chips nachos when we stayed at POP for the first time several years ago. EVERY NIGHT when we got back from the parks they would go to the food court to pick up a couple of orders. I didn't see the appeal, but they still crave them.

NCDJ2015

Is there any food that any of the parks used to sell that was once your favorite?
So many things....Mickey cakes at Main Street Bakery; Pretzel Bread at Le Celier like it used to be. the old menu at Rose & Crown....hate the standardizing of food throughout WDW....used to be able to get unique things at different places....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom