Favorite Fast Food Eatery

ChuckElias

MK: Casey's or Cosmic Ray's. (Casey's for sentimental reasons; Ray's for the actual food :) )
EPCOT, Future World: The Coffee/Pastry Shop next to the Coca-Cola Cool Zone. (Can't remember the name right now. It wasn't open the last time we visited during the F & G Festival.)
EPCOT, World Showcase: Tempura Kiku (Japan) or Tangerine Cafe (Morocco).
MGM: The Flatbread Grill (next to the "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" playground). The new menu is really nice. Very much improved.
AK: Tusker House, hands down. (Although we've yet to try Flame Tree, I'm embarrassed to say. It's on the list for next trip!)

ChuckElias

SirNim said:
Well, I used to like Chakranadi Chicken Shop... :(
Me too!! Not as much as Tusker House, but I liked it there. Has it gone bye-bye? I think it was still there when I was there in April. . .

Cliff

McDonalds just down the road from the AK enterence. The french fries there are freakin' awaesome!

I don't know if it's the "Disney Magic" that makes them taste better than any other McDonalds or if the whole thing is just in my mind....Hmmm.....

Whatever!!,...I'd like to think it's "Disney Magic".

Now,... just agree with me and don't post anything that ruins it for me. Just let me believe what I want.

CT :xmas:

ChuckElias

Cliff said:
Whatever!!,...I'd like to think it's "Disney Magic".
Speaking of the Disney Magic, I forgot the best place for quick service is at Pluto's Dog House Snack Bar on the Disney Magic!!! Ooooo, the chicken fingers are the best! If you'd rather have pizza, then Pinnochio's Pizzeria is right around the corner, but I like Pluto's better. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

ZapperZ

I'm surprised no one picked Sunshine Seasons at the Land in Epcot (or did I miss it?). In my book, this is THE best counter service in all of WDW. You don't get this kind of selection at your regular counter service.

2nd best would be a tie - Tusker House and Flame Tree BBQ, both at Animal Kingdom.

3rd would be Columbia Harbor House at the Magic Kingdom, mainly because not many people realize that there's an upstairs section with its own condiment section, and a bathroom that is seldom busy.

Zz.

ChuckElias

ZapperZ said:
I'm surprised no one picked Sunshine Seasons at the Land in Epcot (or did I miss it?). In my book, this is THE best counter service in all of WDW. You don't get this kind of selection at your regular counter service.
Z, is Sunshine Seasons the name for the new lay-out downstairs at the Land? I have to say that I hated it. The food was fine, but there were no lines, just people huddled at each counter. Nobody knew who was next. There was only one board that showed all the choices, and it was outside the counter areas.

It was a jumbled mass of confused people, IMHO. Very poor layout for a Disney location. I probably won't go back there. I'd rather eat in WS than go through that again.

ZapperZ

ChuckElias said:
Z, is Sunshine Seasons the name for the new lay-out downstairs at the Land? I have to say that I hated it. The food was fine, but there were no lines, just people huddled at each counter. Nobody knew who was next. There was only one board that showed all the choices, and it was outside the counter areas.

It was a jumbled mass of confused people, IMHO. Very poor layout for a Disney location. I probably won't go back there. I'd rather eat in WS than go through that again.

Right location, but what you saw was not the same as what I saw.

There are different stations, and each stations has their own display of the food items and prices (look up from where the food is being served). So no, there isn't just one board showing all the choices. I didn't even know that there is such a board.

And there are several check out lines and cashiers, so the lines are well-defined and formed like any other places.

When I went to the Epcot pin event last year, we were given 2 counter service tickets as part of our registrations. Practically everyone that I met at the event (and these are hard-core Disney fanatics and pin collectors) all made a bee-line to Sunshine Seasons when it was time to get out lunch. We all agreed that this was the best place to eat as far as quick service goes.

Zz.

ChuckElias

ZapperZ said:
Right location, but what you saw was not the same as what I saw.

There are different stations, and each stations has their own display of the food items and prices (look up from where the food is being served). So no, there isn't just one board showing all the choices. I didn't even know that there is such a board.

And there are several check out lines and cashiers, so the lines are well-defined and formed like any other places.
Yeah, that's what I saw. What I didn't like was that people were just wandering aimlessly looking up at the boards. Since there wasn't one place to see all the items (well, there was, but nobody knew it), every person had to wander past every counter and it just made for a huge mish-mash of people.

And you are right about the check-out lines. I'm sorry if I was unclear. I meant that there were no lines at the counters. You just walk up and if the CM says, "What can I get you?" then it must be your turn. Again, people just milled about waiting for somebody to take their order. No queue.

Since it seems that your experience was so much better than mine, maybe I will give it another chance when I go back this fall.

epcot28

Magic Kingdom: Pecos Bill Cafe'
Epcot: The Electric Umbrella
MGM: Toy Story Pizza Planet
I don't usually eat at Animal Kingdom

mrbillonooo

epcot - outside mexico at a table by the lake with a nacho's and a beer to share with someone you love, ie my wife :)
mgm - the place beside star tours, cant remember the place, has great toasted turkey sandwiches
ak - flame grill, table by the lake (quite and cool), the ribs and chicken are great
mk - el captain, sp, next to the bridge that goes to splash mountian, great bacon cheese burger, c. rays is good to, have not been to l. square but here it is good.

Pippa

Epcot-Patisserie in France
MGM-Pizza Plant
AK-Pizzafari (i love pizza!!)
MK-Pinocchios

oooh look my 1000th post!!!

RedGear

DisneyDellsDude said:
El Pirata e El Perico Restaurante :slurp: @ Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom!!

ditto on that!!! I wish it was open more often :cry:

I like almost all the QSR in the World Showcase, it's great to just get a little something and share it with others.

I don't really stay at AK long enough to eat there, same thing with MGM, we usually just go to Sci-Fi when we go to the park or we just go for a couple hours. .

DonaldDoleWhip

Fast Food Meals

MK-Pinocchio Village Haus
Epcot-Sunshine Seasons
MGM-ABC Comissary
AK-Tusker House

Fast Food Snacks

MK-Aloha Isle
Epcot-Kringla Bakeri og Cafe
MGM-Hollywood Scoops
AK-Tamu Tamu Refreshments

EpcoTim

Braves323 said:
Columbia Harbour House...bring back the chili in the bread bowl!

Dear god no!!!!! For the sake of others in lines and other crowded areas keep the chili to a minimum.

yeti

MK- Tommorowland Terrace Noodle Station
Epcot- Electric Embrella
MGM- abc comissary
AK- Harambe village fast food place (we watch these super cool lingo guys who do super cool moves and stuff for amusement while we eat. really cool guys :) )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom