Favorite Extinct EPCOT Song!

Which of these AWESOME songs is your favorite?

• Fun to be Free - World of Motion

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Tomorrow's Child - SSE

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • Makin' Memories - Captain EO Preshow

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • We Are Here to Change the World - Captain EO

• One Little Spark (featuring Dreamfinder) - Original JII

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • New Horizons - Horizons

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • Veggie Fruit, Fruit - Kitchen Kabaret, The Land

• Energy (You Make the World Go 'Round) - Original UoE

Votes: 13 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
man, what a hard one. i cant decide between 5 of them. so, in tribute to the fallen but not forgotten, i picked New Horizon.

dnutter

Well its not really a song but I think I am going to miss the SSE naration by Jeremy Irons since he won't be doing the new one. :(

Figment571

Apparently there is another called the March of World Showcase written by the Sherman bros. I can't really decide as I only know JII's song and the disco UOE song.:cry: I wish I remembered the old EPCOT. JII is the only one I know.

DiPSU224

Although I don't really remember hearing any of those songs during my childhood visits, I do hear them everyday on Live365. I love Listen to the Land and usually sing it all day long whenever I hear it. But, I'm gonna go ahead and vote for Tomorrow's Child which I like hearing as well.

KaliSplash

Well, I wanted to vote for four, and I've seen three more songs in the posts that I would have considered, too.

Fun to Be Free, Making Memories, One Little Spark, Listen to the Land, Veggie Fruit Fruit, both the Universe of Energy songs and Tomorrow's Child. And yes, I do remember My Friend, The computer makes it easier.

I voted Universe of Energy. It's so cool to have most of these on the 2-cd version that came out a couple of years ago.

Captain Hank

Details!!! Don't tease me like that. I am looking right now everywhere for info about it.
It's called "No Place Like World Showcase." It's...interesting. Like "it's a small world" meets a circus and the theme to "Bridge over the River Kwai". Seriously, there's calliope music, whistling and everything. Let's just say that there's a reason that it was a short-lived parade.

Lyrics (approximate):

[intro with whistling]

Side by side, the flags are flyin' high;
They form the happy rainbow of all nations!
Here, you see all nationalities;
can proudly [?something?] display their great creations!

All aglow, each country's come to show;
its history, achievements, aspirations!

There is no place like World Showcase;
on the face of the whole wide world!

Oh, there's no place like World Showcase on the face of the whole wide world!
Yes, there's no place like World Showcase on the face of the whole wide world!

Side by side, all nations have arrived;
to welcome you and make you feel at home here.
Sights and sounds exotically abound;
the wonders of the world have set the tone here!

All aglow, each country's come to show;
the world is yours wherever you may roam here.
Celebrations of all nations;
where the welcome mat's always unfurled!

Oh there's no place like World Showcase on the face of the whole wide world!

JWG

Smile
Hug
Look at the camera
Hold your breath and say CHEESE
Little did they realize back then
They were makin' memories

Makin' memories... takin' pictures is... makin' memories...
capturing little pieces of time... makin' 'em yours and makin' em mine...

Thank goodness for the 1993 Official Disney Album I purchased that has many of the old favorites...

Shadowdawn

I love all those songs but Change the world from Capt. Eo gets the vote....but Veggie, veggie, fruit, fruit comes in just a smidge behind.

echoscot

i chose one little spark, BUT the one I miss the most is the other UoE song "here we go, it's the universe of energy!"
Wow, I have to agree with you, I loved that song from Universe of Energy. I am amazed at the people who know about the World Showcase parade song. As a performer who opened that park as the tail end of the chinese dragon in that parade, yes there is definitely a reason that parade was short-lived. Not the best work of the Sherman brothers.

TheBeatles

Its sad that I can't decide.

I hope someone at Disney took note of the applause during Marty Sklar's presentation when they played 'One Little Spark.'

Kuhio

They're all classics and deserve to have some role in today's Epcot. I particularly like "Fun to Be Free," "One Little Spark," and "Listen to the Land," but my favorite is "Magic Journeys," which perfectly evokes the surreal and dreamlike feel of the movie...

goofyfan13

Tomorrow's Child. It's one the songs I remember from my youth at EPCOT. I honestly teared up when Tomorrow's Child played after Illuminations on Monday. Man I miss that song, hopefully the rumor that it's coming back is true.
23_33_15.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom