Favorite Disneyland Ride Poster

180º

• Country Bear Jamboree
• “Ride the Peoplemover thru Space Mountain and the fantastic superspeed tunnel”
• Pirates of the Caribbean
• Drew Struzan IJA poster
• Swiss Family Treehouse

SuddenStorm

Anyone else think Big Thunder's Poster leaves a bit to be desired?

I dunno, something about it doesn't sit right with me. The general art design when compared to others of the time, feels a bit to amateur.

TROR

Indiana Jones Adventure, OG Star Tours, and Pirates of the Caribbean are definitely top three. I’ll throw in Country Bear Jamboree and the Disneyland Railroad to finish off the list. Honorable mentions are Splash Mountain and Space Mountain.

Rich T

Anyone else think Big Thunder's Poster leaves a bit to be desired?

View attachment 354910

I dunno, something about it doesn't sit right with me. The general art design when compared to others of the time, feels a bit to amateur.
I liked the poster when it debuted, but it hasn’t aged well. And in light of the past tragedy, it seems inappropriate and needs to be retired. Disney should replace it with a new design in the classic style.

TROR

I’m partial to these that I had done via print on demand some 15 years ago. Aaron brothers did a nice job on them. So many great posters though. Imagine more than a few of you have picked up the Disney Parks poster book? View attachment 354993
I received it as a gift several years ago. I've thought about having some of the pages photocopied and blown up but I don't expect it'll turn out well so I haven't bothered.

Macro

Coincidently I ordered 5 posters today:
  1. Matterhorn - far and away my winner - love both the ride and the poster
  2. Alice - great poster and scores nostalgia points because my Mom would take me on Alice in Wonderland when my siblings were going on the Matterhorn but I was too chicken to ride it - there's something in there growling...
  3. Haunted Mansion - my favorite ride in the park now that they minused Pirates again
  4. Pirates - in my mind I'm thinking of the original ride before they started fiddling with it - hey (grabs crotch) auction this!
  5. Tiki Room - great poster but it drops a few because the attraction isn't my favorite other than the chanting tikis on the walls

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Coincidently I ordered 5 posters today:
  1. Matterhorn - far and away my winner - love both the ride and the poster
  2. Alice - great poster and scores nostalgia points because my Mom would take me on Alice in Wonderland when my siblings were going on the Matterhorn but I was too chicken to ride it - there's something in there growling...
  3. Haunted Mansion - my favorite ride in the park now that they minused Pirates again
  4. Pirates - in my mind I'm thinking of the original ride before they started fiddling with it - hey (grabs crotch) auction this!
  5. Tiki Room - great poster but it drops a few because the attraction isn't my favorite other than the tikis on the walls

Where'd you order them from?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom