Favorite Disney Sea Attraction?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
For those lucky enough to have been to Tokyo Disney Sea, what was your favorite attraction? :)

I have just been watching some video of the place, and the level of detail is just stunning.

WeirdOne

Well, I haven't been there, but I have so much audio, video, pictures, etc I could swear I have. Here's my in a sortof rank by different topics.

Ride - Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull and StormRider and 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Show - Encore! (Hands DOWN!)

Restaurant - Vulcania and Sebastian's Calypso Kitchen

Shop - any of the Mermaid Lagoon/Meditterean Harbor shops...

Favorite Land Overall - ALL OF THEM!

Yep, I just LOVE this place! - The WeirdOne :D

DisneyFan 2000

From what I've seen I like the indy ride, magic lamp theatre (hard not to love 3D), and storm riders looks pretty cool!

I know centre to the earth looks good but I haven't heard too much about it.... (except for a big high speed drop)

I went on all the main attractions while I was there, but since I only had about a day and a half there, I didn't go into all the restaurants and shops. My favorite ride was Journey to the Center of the Earth. I've always loved the book, and it was cool getting to ride through it. I agree with WeirdOne on the shops, those two areas were themed very well. I love the whale mouth entrance at Mermaid Lagoon. For restaurants... see, I have this problem at Disney parks. I tend to forget to eat. So I only saw a couple, mostly I picked up munchies at carts. I have to say Sea Salt Ice Cream is surprisingly good, and it comes in the cutest Little Mermaid clam shell. :slurp:

Tokyo DisneySea is officially my favorite Disney Park now. The only fault I can find with it is that it's half way around the world from me. :cry:

I'm already planning another trip, I'm aiming for 2011 for DisneySea's 10th anniversary. I'll (hopefully) be there from September 1st to the 8th-ish. I know it's a long way off, but I've got to save up a lot. I want to stay in Hotel Miracosta. :animwink:

imagineer boy

Originally posted by WeirdOne
Well, I haven't been there, but I have so much audio, video, pictures, etc I could swear I have. Here's my in a sortof rank by different topics.

Ride - Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull and StormRider and 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Show - Encore! (Hands DOWN!)

Restaurant - Vulcania and Sebastian's Calypso Kitchen

Shop - any of the Mermaid Lagoon/Meditterean Harbor shops...

Favorite Land Overall - ALL OF THEM!

Yep, I just LOVE this place! - The WeirdOne :D

Can you show the audio and videos?! I'd love see what the rides are like!!!:D

shellymeister

Favoriter Disney Sea attraction.....

We visited TDS earlier this year and concur with the many other Disney afficianados that TDS is easily the best Disney Park anywhere ! First, as stunning as it seems in photos, they cannot do it justice. We were there on a beautifully clear, cool day and the vistas and sights were just mind-blowing. As everyone who has been there has commented, the attention to detail sets a new and almost impossible standard to achieve. Looking at the map of the park before we visited, we expected a modest (by American standards) size theme park. What we experienced was a tour-de-force of visual and sensual stimulation bordering on overload (in a good way).
Even though none of the rides and attractions are as revolutionary as Spiderman at IOA (for example), the experience as a whole is still very memorable.
We really enjoyed every attraction at TDS. Some highlights:

The huge Volcanic Cauldera entrance to Journey to the Center of the Earth & 20,000 leagues Under the Sea. Truly a one-of-a-kind.

Mermaid Lagoon with its huge interior, fantastic underwater themeing, and cool Little Mermaid live show.

Aquatopia- no thrills, just a lot of fun and cool technology.

Encore! First class Broadway inspired show.

Indiana Jones- Virtual clone of the California version, but housed in an enormous structure- still one of my all-time favorite rides.

Still will never forget the lump-in-the-throat feeling we got when we first passed under the entrance arches of the Hotel Mira Costa and first got a first-time panoramic view of TDS, volcano mountain and all, WOW !

There is so much more......

If anyone is interested, feel free to ask. Thanks :sohappy:

esqteam

Mermaid Lagoon....

Me and my wife went last July. The best attraction was actually the Little Mermaid show. The show was well-done and better than the Aladdin show at California Adventure. Almost Lion Kingish.

I agree with others re: the stunning architecture, but I found most of the attractions to be similar to those at Disneyland. Beyong the imagination put into the architecture around the park, little was left for the rides.

Pictures:
http://photos.yahoo.com/kungvacations

mikelan6

My favorite attraction at TDS was Journey to the Center of the Earth. The theming and detail of this was amazing.

The entire park was amazing.

Re: Favoriter Disney Sea attraction.....

Originally posted by shellymeister
Still will never forget the lump-in-the-throat feeling we got when we first passed under the entrance arches of the Hotel Mira Costa and first got a first-time panoramic view of TDS, volcano mountain and all, WOW !

I have to agree with you there, I purposely entered through the shops on the left side and didn't exit until the very end to so my first view of the mountain would be perfectly clear. I'll never forget that moment, it was great. I remember standing on the threshold of the door thinking, "Wow, I'm at Tokyo DisneySea, I'm really about to see the mountain!" And I had the same lump-in-the-throat shivery brings-a-tear-to-the-eye feeling. I know it's corny but hey, I'm corny. I don't remember my first trips to Disney World, so this was the first time I really got to experience a Disney park for the first time.

I've always wanted to learn Japanese, and I've actually been looking into some of those programs spending a semester in Japan learning Japanese. Of course, I'd have to go to Tokyo Disney all the time to "practice." Yes, practice Japanese, that's it. I dunno if I'll have the time or money to do it before I graduate, but I'll give it my best shot. :animwink:

lebernadin

Re: Re: Favoriter Disney Sea attraction.....

Originally posted by SorcererYensid
I've always wanted to learn Japanese, and I've actually been looking into some of those programs spending a semester in Japan learning Japanese. Of course, I'd have to go to Tokyo Disney all the time to "practice." Yes, practice Japanese, that's it. I dunno if I'll have the time or money to do it before I graduate, but I'll give it my best shot. :animwink:

As far as squeezing in a semester in Japan before your graduation. You should also consider teaching english in Japan. I believe it still just requires a bachelor's degree and you wouldn't have to worry about fiting it into your course schedule.

I'm not sure whether you've travelled much outside Tokyo proper, but english speakers are few and far between even in major cities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom