Favorite Disney Parks Sing-A-Long

My favorite Disney Park Sing-A-Long is.....

• Disneyland Fun

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Beach Party at Walt Disney World

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Campout at Walt Disney World

• Flik's Musical Adventure

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Halloween Haunt

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • I don't really like any of them.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • What's a Disney Sing-A-Long???

• Total voters

JimboJones123

Original Poster
We dug a few of these out and watched them the other day...

Which is your favorite?

Disneyland Fun
Beach Party at Walt Disney World
Campout at Walt Disney World
Flik's Musical Adventure
Happy Haunting

I have favorite parts of each.

I love the one shot where they didn't white balance in the Disneyland Fun, but they threw it in anyways.

I love how much of WDW they actually show in the Beach Party video. Including the Pirate Ship fight set on World Showcase Lagoon.

I love the fun that they have at Ft. Wilderness without pushing that they are at WDW.

I wish FOTLK had "He Lives In You" like the video does. It would be a great add to the attraction.

I really dig the inside the HM at DL Halloween Party from the Halloween Haunt. That's pretty cool. Wish they had the POTC song though.

The last Sing-A-Long produced was Home on the Range. Since then there has been a large dry spell of original Disney music in their movies, but I thing Enchanted would have made an AWESOME Sing-A-Long. It would also boost the exposure of the music in the film. I first remember the Sing-A-Longs coming out with The Little Mermaid, and they are a great way to get a piece of the movies before they are out on video. In fact, my wife and kids are going with Grandma and their cousin tomorrow to see Enchanted because spring seems just so far awway to wait.

I will also admit that by the time Flik's Musical Adventure came around, it was a GIANT commercial, with much of it going straight over the kids heads and turning into a checklist on what to hit at the park.

May there be many to come. Maybe a Nemo Musical Sing-A-Long would be a good idea.

doop

I own the Disneyland Fun one and the Beach Party at Walt Disney World. Disneyland Fun takes the cake, I used to watch that on a daily basis as a child. Ahhh nostalgia.

doop

Is Disneyland Fun the same one from like 10-15 years ago that has Makin' Memories in it? I loved that!
Yup, I believe it was from the late 80's. Ahh I just remembered the scene at HM where all the ghosts and villains were singing Grim Grinning Ghosts, scary stuff.

Disneykidder

So funny. We actually watch Disneyland Fun at least once a week. We have Beach Party, too but we prefer Disneyland Fun. When my sisters kids were little, they watched them on a VCR tape. Now, for my son, I have them bith on DVD...yeah, same exact one. We love them!!:)

SewIn2Disney

oh---Disneyland fun all the way. I actually own 4 (yes four!) copies of it on VHS. My mom bought me a second one when I was younger because I watched it so much and she thought I'd wear it out. Then I've purchased the other two at garage sales for a quarter or so "just in case". I def. need to get it on DVD. I still watch it and I'm 24!

My second favorite one goes to the two Christmas ones they put out. All of the Disney classic characters sing traditional Christmas songs (with a few new ones thrown in). It's excellent.

The Beach Party one is nice because it shows all the WDW sights, but the kids and songs are kind of annoying.

coltow

DS loves the Flick one! Everytime he watches it he watches it 3 times in a row. He especially likes the "walk the dinosaur" and "it's a bug's world"

PotteryGal

We have Beach Party, Flik's Musical Adventure, and Campout at WDW. DS loves Flik's Musical Adventure, but we all love watching them. :)

happymom52003

Out of the ones you listed, my favorite would be the Disneyland sing along, but my very favorite is not on your list. Disney Princess Sing Along Once Upon a Dream. I LOVE this one just as much as my DD loves it!

hollywood<3

Disneyland Fun will always be my favorite. But to this day I still quote this one scene in the Campout one.

"They're after me! They're after me!"
"Who's after you?"
"The squirrels they think I'm nuts!!"

Tinkrbell

Definitely Disneyland Fun. I grew up watching it. We got it after our first trip to WDW when I was 2 & watched it almost daily till I was about 8. I just found it on DVD for $7.50 through the Disney Movie Club, so I have watched it several times since I got it just before Christmas.
My mom says we also had the Campout one, but I can't ever remember watching it.

Animaniac93-98

Disneyland Fun by far. Not only is it a great example of what Disneyland was like during it's 35th anniversary (Party Gras parade!), it has great music. Walkin' Down Main Street USA, Makin' Memories, Rumbly in my Tumbly. This tape for me has the definitive versions of these songs.

"P-P-P-Please! Slow Down!"
"Relaaaaaaaaaax. Were not even on the ride yet."

classic line.

Dwarful

Tough call, but we always watch the Disneyland sing along before any of our trips. Then we always have to sing "Walkin' right down the middle of Main Street USA........"
We watch the others as well, but def. watch the disneyland one the most.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Tough call, but we always watch the Disneyland sing along before any of our trips. Then we always have to sing "Walkin' right down the middle of Main Street USA........"
We watch the others as well, but def. watch the disneyland one the most.
Talk about a song that's become part of my Disney Canon that I would have no clue about if not for the video. Same with Makin' Memories and Great Outdoors. I do like how they throw in a few easter eggs in the videos. Yo Ho line in the Beach Party. TURKEY IN THE STRAW on the Campout. GENIUS. Simple yet genius. Little Mermaid one has Whale of a Tale (and Ludwig sings "I don't have a tatoo" at the end to keep it extra family friendly).

The Sing-A-Longs are also the ONLY place you can find parts of SONG OF THE SOUTH. Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah is my favorite all time:

"The Mickey Mouse Club March"-The Mickey Mouse Club
"Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah"-Song of the South
"Following the Leader"-Peter Pan
"It's a Small World"-Disneyland
"The Unbirthday Song"-Alice in Wonderland
"Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo"-Cinderella
"Casey Junior"-Dumbo
"The Ballad of Davy Crockett"-Davy Crockett movies
"Give a Little Whistle"-Pinocchio
"Whistle While You Work"-Snow White

Also Friend Like Me has:
"How Do You" from Song fo the South
"Let's Get Together" from Partent Trap

If a Disney Genius were ever smart enough, they would make a mega collection of these. 3-4 disks. Sell it for $75 and make a KILLING for people that would just LOVE to have copies of all these. Do them in their Sing-A-Long glory, and also add the original videos without the captions as well. I'd surely pay over $100 for a completeish collection of the Disney Song videos. I bought the Disneyland 50th set. So did however many tens of thousands of those that were produced. (I saw one left at World of Disney in NYC in November. I most bought a Backup -- Just in Case)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom