Favorite Disney Non-Animated Movie

AutumnKlassic

Since I have over 288 days left we were going to start a movie night on Friday night with a Disney movie to get us pumped up for our trip. So I was wondering what is everyones favorite Disney non-animated movie (I have all the animated ones). My personal favorite would be the original Parent Trap with The Happiest Millionare a very close second. Sho what is everyone elses? Apple Dumplin Gang? The Cat from Outer Space? Freaky Friday? Maybe you know one that is not well remembered and I will have to get it.

davewasbaloo

Oh so hard. I would go for:

Pirates 1&2
Haunted Mansion (yes, I liked it)
Country Bears (loved it)
Mary Poppins
Tron
Something Wicked This way Comes
Treasure Island
20,000 Leagues under the Sea
Swiss Family Robinson
Kidnapped,
Davy Crockett King of the Wild Frontier,
Davy Crockett and the River Pirates,
The Sign Of Zorro,
Watcher in the Woods
Cool Runnings
Three Muskateers
The Santa Clause
Condorman
Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Freaky Friday (both versions)
Parent Trap (both versions)
The Alamo
National Treasure
Holes
Ghosts of the Abyss
The Kid
I'll be home for Christmas
Jungle 2 Jungle
Hocus Pocus
Flight of the Navigator
Blackbeard's Ghost
Hidalgo

Affiliate Disney Films:

Splash
Can't Buy Me Love
Goodmorning Vietnam
Cocktail
Dead Poets Society
Turner and Hooch
Pretty Woman
Father of the Bride
Sister Act
1492 Conquest of Paradise
Stakeout
Con Air
Face/Off
Starship Troopers
The PAtriot
The Waterboy
Bicenntenial Man
O Brother Where Art Thou (love this one!!!)
Shanghai Noon and Shanghai Nights (love these sooo much)
Gone in 60 Seconds
Coyote Ugly
Pearl Harbor
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama
Arachnophobia
Encino Man
Tombstone
Crimson Tide
The Rock
Jack
Sixth Sense
Pulp Fiction
Sin City
Shakespeare in Love

Oh and so many more....

Upvote 0

KevGuy

I always loved Herbie myself, but I just love the High School Musical movie I watched with my kids when it came out, and am looking forward to HM2 and actually seeing them sing/dance in April when we actually go to Disney World.:sohappy: When I was a kid there were a lot of movie/musicals now there are rarely any from what I see except for what Disney has done.

Upvote 0

LaughingGravy

Treasure Island
Babes in Toyland
20K Leagues Under The Sea

True Life Adventures- once you get past the lemmings;so sad that was allowed to happen, and still no comment disclaiming on the DVD that lemmings really don't commit suicide.

Newsies was the only Disney movie where I fell asleep both times I watched it.

Upvote 0

yazmin182

New Parent Trap
Bedknobs & Broomsticks
New Freaky Friday
Hocus Pocus
Cadet Kelly
The Neverending Story
Narnia
Cool Runnings!
Newsies
Mighty Ducks, especially D3!
Ice Princess
Holes
The Princess Diaries, especially #1
Return to Oz
Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century
a Far Off Place
Tower of Terror
Tru Confessions

Upvote 0

spaceghost

Disney-owned ESPN has an ESPN Classic channel for older sporting events. Why can't we have a Disney Classic that shows these older movies, plus TV shows, and older animated shorts, etc.? That would be freakin' awesome.

Upvote 0

tink rules

Ok...

How many of you went to see every Disney movie that was out every summer????

My friends and I were dropped off at he movies and our parents picked us all up later - ok...I think at least one parent stayed behind to referee!!!

It was great!!!

All the ones mentioned and...Island at the Top of the World...

Cheesy I know...but great memories!!!

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

I liked the Kurt Russell movies from the late 60's and early 70's. The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, Now You See Him, Now You Don't, and such. I don't know if I would enjoy them as much now as I did back then, but in my memory they were great, in reality, maybe just average movies. I remember that he was in a moive set in a castle or old house also, or maybe I'm getting him confused with someone else? Sometimes going back and watching something that you remember as great, is disapointing, as it is only average to you now. I still think that I would take a chance and watch these again today, keeping my expections to average might susprise me in the end.

Upvote 0

AutumnKlassic

Original Poster
The Ugly Dachshund
Oh I forgot about that movie. I always wanted a Great Dane after watching this. I did buy a Great Pyrenese that is almost as tall as one. I also have two little dogs (Jack Russel and Miniature Pincher) that drives him crazy sometimes.

Also The Horse in the Grey Flannel Suit with Dean Jones and Kurt Russell. I think this is the first movie that I saw stadium jumping in and have loved it ever since. This is week number ones movie.

I wonder how many of these Netflicks.com has?

The place were Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn met was on the set of The One and Only Original Family Band

Upvote 0

Captain Barbosa

Pirates (both of them)
National Treasure
Remember the Titans
Miracle
-
Snowball Express
Apple Dumpling Gang
-
HEAVY WEIGHTS!!! (A CLASSIC)
THE BIG GREEN
THE MIGHTY DUCKS
COOL RUNNINGS
BLANK CHECK
HOMEWARD BOUND
MUPPET TREASURE ISLAND
A KID IN KING ARTHUR'S COURT

Can you tell I grew up in the 90s?

Upvote 0

Chickapin Chick

1. Bedknobs and Broomsticks - The final battle is one of my all-time favorite movie sequences. That magical "army" of medieval soldiers intrigues and frightens me at the same time. Love it.

2. Pollyanna - It's just a very entertaining and well-acted little gem. But the best part? Those cakes Mrs. Lagerlof and Angelica bake for the bazaar. Oh, man. What is it, four layers of sugary goodness?

3. Swiss Family Robinson - That tree house is the epitome of cool.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom