Favorite Dessert Party

Minnie1986

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I'll be taking my niece (12) and goddaughter (15) to WDW in July '24. It's both of theirs first trip, so I'd like to make it as special as possible. I've never done a dessert party, but have always wanted to and all three of us LOVE sweets. Does anyone have any tips on which may be most worth it? Any that you didn't enjoy? Any advice/tips would great!

MotherofaPrincessLover

As far as I know, Magic Kingdom is the only park with in-park dessert parties right now. They have 3 different options-pre-fireworks, post-fireworks, and then the seats and treats. The seats and treats does not have a good view and is more expensive. If you are ok with staying up late, I would suggest the post-fireworks party.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
As far as I know, Magic Kingdom is the only park with in-park dessert parties right now. They have 3 different options-pre-fireworks, post-fireworks, and then the seats and treats. The seats and treats does not have a good view and is more expensive. If you are ok with staying up late, I would suggest the post-fireworks party
Amongst the people I've asked, post fireworks definitely seems to be the way to go

Upvote 0

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Meaning the literal desserts, or the experience in general?
Meaning the desserts themselves, just OK. Our last Dessert Party (Treats and Seats on September 19th) had lots of different cupcake items, (nothing special, just the taste of sugar, lard, and just barely done cake...could have stood another few minutes in the oven), chocolate and butterscotch pudding, a single fruit plate with green cantaloupe, a bit of pineapple, grapes that wasn't refilled often, cheddar and swiss cubes, a warm apple crepe station, tired chocolate dipped green strawberries, and wide selection of drinks (but no hot tea) and alcoholic beverages. It's better than it's been after the Covid closure, but still not up to how it was in 2019.

The experience IMHO is much better than being out in the mosh pit. I've done the pre-fireworks and the seats options. The before party gets you all the stuff your face goodies and then they take you out to the left-hand corral just prior to the fireworks. You're not in the general mosh pit, but you're surrounded by them and as such your view can be obstructed.

For the seats option (more expensive)
You have seats, and your view of the open sky isn't blocked by people, iPads, or phones. You can check in, get your seats reserved, grab a bit, and then head over to the center court to watch the parade, then back to your seats for more food, beverages, and fireworks. As a plus, Tinkerbell's flight from the castle has her landing right above your seating area.

Upvote 0

Darth_Sidious

Meaning the desserts themselves, just OK. Our last Dessert Party (Treats and Seats on September 19th) had lots of different cupcake items, (nothing special, just the taste of sugar, lard, and just barely done cake...could have stood another few minutes in the oven), chocolate and butterscotch pudding, a single fruit plate with green cantaloupe, a bit of pineapple, grapes that wasn't refilled often, cheddar and swiss cubes, a warm apple crepe station, tired chocolate dipped green strawberries, and wide selection of drinks (but no hot tea) and alcoholic beverages. It's better than it's been after the Covid closure, but still not up to how it was in 2019.

The experience IMHO is much better than being out in the mosh pit. I've done the pre-fireworks and the seats options. The before party gets you all the stuff your face goodies and then they take you out to the left-hand corral just prior to the fireworks. You're not in the general mosh pit, but you're surrounded by them and as such your view can be obstructed.

For the seats option (more expensive)
You have seats, and your view of the open sky isn't blocked by people, iPads, or phones. You can check in, get your seats reserved, grab a bit, and then head over to the center court to watch the parade, then back to your seats for more food, beverages, and fireworks. As a plus, Tinkerbell's flight from the castle has her landing right above your seating area.
If we’ve never seen the fireworks, so you feel like we’d miss too much of the experience at seats and sweets? People talk about the projections being such a big part of it. I have a fairy loving kid who would probably love it that Tinker Bell flies there.

Upvote 0

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
If we’ve never seen the fireworks, so you feel like we’d miss too much of the experience at seats and sweets? People talk about the projections being such a big part of it. I have a fairy loving kid who would probably love it that Tinker Bell flies there.

IMHO, no. Not having to deal with the other people pressing in around, behind, and in front of you would make the together time and shared experience a much better time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Darth_Sidious

IMHO, no. Not having to deal with the other people pressing in around, behind, and in front of you would make the together time and shared experience a much better time.
Thank you. I know my husband would do better with the seats option for that reason. Although garden viewing shouldn’t be packed in like the main crowd, I’m a bit worried he may still feel trapped in the crowd (veteran with PTSD). But he wants the kids to have the best experience and not to choose based on him. I think you just helped us decide. Thank you!

Upvote 0

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Thank you. I know my husband would do better with the seats option for that reason. Although garden viewing shouldn’t be packed in like the main crowd, I’m a bit worried he may still feel trapped in the crowd (veteran with PTSD). But he wants the kids to have the best experience and not to choose based on him. I think you just helped us decide. Thank you!

I can identify with that. I get hostile rather rapidly with lots of people in close proximity doing stupid things. The garden viewing doesnt have any seats and the walkways all the way around the corral is usually packed with people. If you do chose that option, stake out your location in the middle or towards the back as there will be iPads, cell phones and children on shoulders (even though cast members try to remind guests they are not supposed to do it).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom