Favorite Dessert Party?

bubbles1812

Original Poster
I'm taking my mom to Disney in December 2019 for her 60th Birthday and wanted to include at least one dessert party. [I am a very far in advance planner, mostly just noodling ideas right now]. We did the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam dessert party in 2017 and the viewing was actually really great. We weren't expecting to enjoy it as much as we did.

I was wondering how people feel about the HEA/Christmas Wishes dessert parties and where the viewing is better [Garden Plaza or Tomorrowland Terrace]? Anyone done any of the boat [Ferry, Riverboat, Pirate Cruise] ones? How is the viewing on the Epcot one? The only one I probably wouldn't consider is Fantasmic VIP Viewing/Dessert party. I've seen Fantasmic too many times to want to pay the upcharge there.

[Please no lectures on how dessert parties are overpriced, ect. I know they are. My focus is making my mom happy. Not the cost--within reason at least:hilarious:]

sortiz88

I know this won’t help your decision too much, but my wife surprised me with the Frozen Ever After Dessert party at Epcot for my birthday last year and I loved it! View was great, food was delicious, cast members were super friendly. I found a new appreciation for Illuminations after this experience.

I’m not sure if this is still going to be happening in December with Illuminations ending late summer/early fall, though, so again, not the most helpful response. If they’re still offering this in late August when we go next, we’ll likely do it again!

KrzyKtty

The last time we went the only dessert party was really the Magic Kingdom dessert party for the new firework show. We still really loved it though and the food was great.

danyoung56

In the MK the view is far superior on the plaza, but it's pretty much standing room only, and at the end of a long day standing just may be the last thing you want to do. The Tomorrowland Terrace view isn't as good, but at least you're sitting down!

Dave B

In the MK the view is far superior on the plaza, but it's pretty much standing room only, and at the end of a long day standing just may be the last thing you want to do. The Tomorrowland Terrace view isn't as good, but at least you're sitting down!
That helps a lot, we were trying to decide which one to do and although standing might be a little tiresome after along day, I would prefer to stand for the better view, Thx

JohnD

I like the HS dessert party, whether for SW:AGS or the seasonal holiday show. You sit at tables right next to the Chinese theater. There are drink stations and buffets for desserts. Then you are walked to a central viewing area to watch the show. But if you're looking to make Mom happy, then the Tomorrowland Terrace one might be the best for her. She gets a seat to watch HEA, even if at an angle. That seat might be everything to her.

Megbutnotmegan

I really enjoy the MK dessert party with Plaza Garden viewing. Every time I have gone we have been able to sit on the grass for the entire show. Even on NYE there was a security guard telling people that you could only sit in the garden unless you were on the very back fence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom