Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Mystere

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • La Nouba

Votes: 13 41.9%

• Total voters

Nemmy

Original Poster
I'm just wondering...I've only seen one, and that's La Nouba.

Whoops, I think I posted this in the wrong forum. I figured I might post here because La Nouba is at Disney. If needed, please move.

Also, the show called "Cirque du Soleil" is actually called KA. My bad. It looked like it was called Cirque du Soleil from the Cirque du Soleil website. Goodness, I'm not thinking straight today. :hammer:

bracho

I have seen La Nouba several times just because it's at Disney and we love Cirque du Soleil alot.... living in Las Vegas, I have seen Mystere, Zumanity and "O" several times as well as "KA", the new show at the MGM Grand.. I have Dralion, Varekai, Alegria, Quidam and Saltimbanco on DVD and even though we love every show... if I had to pick a favorite.. I'd have to go with...

Dralion...

I like the theme of the show, the acts are wonderful and it's just a well put together show

Have a good one!

bracho

You heard correct Nemmy, Zumanity is a show for adults only.. very "mature" and on your next trip.. you have to see "KA"... it's one for the books!!

Nemmy

Original Poster
bracho said:
You heard correct Nemmy, Zumanity is a show for adults only.. very "mature" and on your next trip.. you have to see "KA"... it's one for the books!!
First of all, I don't go to Vegas too often. Second of all, loud noises?

Lynx04

I have only seen La Nouba and O. I would have to pick O out of the two I have seen.

Speaking of Cirque, is there any plan to create a new show for the one at Disney.

Main Street USA

Well, so far I've seen Drallion, Verekai, and La Nouba. And to date, La Nouba is the best I've seen.

I must say, though, I've heard amazing things about "O".

Feta

Cirque is definitely my #2 obsession (behind Disney of course). I've seen most of the shows in the poll. I do love La Nouba but have to sight a few faults. My main beef is that the show really needs to be on Ritalin. What I mean is, many times there is just too much going on. All sorts of different characters are running around, doing completely different things at the same time. I'm one who really likes to watch the performers and soak in everything that they're doing. At the same time I didn't want to miss what other performers were doing. Is this some plot to make us attend the show repeatedly? It's just too much going on and I feel like I keep getting distracted. IMHO, I think Quidam is one of their better shows. There are incredible acts - Diabolos, Skipping Ropes, Statue (Vis Versa), and Banquine (which still makes me nervous watching it). Also the music is exceptional.

By the way, if it hasn't been mentioned already, the complete La Nouba show was recently made available on DVD. There's a whole second disc of extras - very much worth adding to your collection.

tigger248

I voted La Nouba, simply because it's the only one I've seen. I've heard great things about some of the others, but haven't been anywhere to see one. KY doesn't really have things like that, I have to travel far away to see these shows. :lol: I'd like to go to Vegas and see one or two (among other things :p ) but the only people I have to go with, would be my family and they don't want to even think about going until my brother turns 21. That way, he wouldn't have to be the only one left out.

Dizknee_Phreek

I've seen most of the Cirque shows, but only on TV. The only one I've seen live is La Nouba, and it's my personal favorite. But it's neck and neck with Quidam...that was the first one I ever saw, and I still think it's one of the absolute best shows. The plot is so great! And I love how dream-like everything is. It was also how I was introduced to one of the greatest songs ever, "Gopher Mambo" (during the coat hanger dance...the guy who does that is probably my most favorite character from any show)...I forget the name of the artist.
Anywho, both shows include my all time favorite act, the German Wheel...how fun does that look? I'd love to try that! The Diablos in La Nouba are spectacular as well!
My third favorite would probably be Vareki. It has some of the best humor of any Cirque show!

longfamily

La Nouba is the only one we have seen live. In June we go to Vegas and plan to see "O". I'm really excited about seeing that show. We will bring my mom-in-law to that one, it will be her first. I had not heard about the "mature audience" show. Where is that and what would you expect to see?

Feta

The adult show is called Zumanity. It shows at NewYork, NewYork. It's more of a cabaret show than a circus show. There are some neat acts, but not as much in the way of acrobatics. The most amazing act has two women diving and cavorting in a huge fish bowl. It's mesmorizing. They are topless and they do get a little intimate (remember, this is the adult show). Like La Nouba, there is a shirtless man flying around on those long sheets of red fabric. However, this performer is a little person (aka a dwarf). There is a lot of nudity, cross-dressing, male:male and female:female intimacy - so if any of these offend you - stay away. It's definitely an interesting show, but I would definitely go and see the other Vegas shows first.

SpectroMan

I had to vote for Dralion. It is amazing. The acts, the costumes, the music, and the actors are amazing. I have seen both this show and La Nouba live. So, I felt like I couldn't vote for any others because the shows are totally different live.

I hope to go to Las Vegas soon and see "O" and Ka. They look just unbelievable. And I plan to see Varkai in January.

I wish I could have seen Alegria because many say it is the best thing Cirque has ever come up with.

longfamily

Feta said:
The adult show is called Zumanity. It shows at NewYork, NewYork. It's more of a cabaret show than a circus show. There are some neat acts, but not as much in the way of acrobatics. The most amazing act has two women diving and cavorting in a huge fish bowl. It's mesmorizing. They are topless and they do get a little intimate (remember, this is the adult show). Like La Nouba, there is a shirtless man flying around on those long sheets of red fabric. However, this performer is a little person (aka a dwarf). There is a lot of nudity, cross-dressing, male:male and female:female intimacy - so if any of these offend you - stay away. It's definitely an interesting show, but I would definitely go and see the other Vegas shows first.
This sounds like a lot of fun. :) We don't get offended very easily...
Thanks for the info!

tampabrad

I have seen three "traveling" shows: Quidam, Alegria, and Saltimbanco, and two "Permanent" Shows: La Nouba and Zumanity. Out of the five, I think La Nouba is the best. I find that the permanent stage and theatre make a huge difference. More happens. The stage moves, more background happenings etc. Zumanity was a great show, but a totally different mind set. More dancing and less acrobatics. It seemed the least Cirque of them. But then again, Zumanity is "the other side of Cirque du Soleil."

I can't wait to see KA and O, hopefully at least one of them in March.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom