Favorite Beverage at Ice Station Cool

SewIn2Disney

Originally posted by conntom
Mine is Beverly from Italy it's fun to watch peoples
faces when they drink it. From what I was told
Beverly is a drink taken between each course of a meal
to wash the Palet so the next taste better.

ANYTHING will taste better after Beverly:lol:

BRWombat

Am I the only person who didn't gag at Beverly? :slurp: Maybe it was because of the hype, but I expected it to be worse. Granted, I wouldn't want a case of the stuff for my birthday, but it wasn't unpleasant. I thought the guarana drink from Brazil was much worse. (The Watermelon soda was my favorite!)

Funny story from our last WDW visit: After Ice Station Cool, our group -- my wife, her parents, and our two kids -- gets on line for Honey I Shrunk the Audience. There's a water fountain where we are waiting, and I go to get a drink, remarking that "I need to get the taste of Beverly out of my mouth." My wife immediate laughs and says, "Write that down" (in my notes for our trip report)! I have to admit, I don't expect I'll ever say that sentence in any other context.

dizneeboy

Smart Watermelon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this stuff. I even researched all over the web and contacted coca cola to see how I could get some shipped to me...lol. No dice though. I do have a friend visiting China this summer. I hope he brings some back for me!

; )

StevenT

Original Poster
Originally posted by TAC
There was a part of a show on Food TV that there was a place somewhere that had a whole bunch of soft drinks that you could not find anywhere anymore - that they had available for sale.

Maybe a google search for "soft drink stores?"

I think I saw that thing. I remember seeing something about the Coca Cola factory in Atlanta, GA and their free sample room. I remember one of the major employees at Coke mentioned it as their worst tasting product ever.

Am I the only person in the Universe that prefrers Mezzo Mix to Smart Watermelon? I wasn't expecting it to be so popular (although it is really good).

Pixie Duster

It sould be. Coke is really missing something here, release it just for the summer to test it out. Experienced Disney folks will love it and the regular public would like it too I think. It is a great summer drink.

StevenT

Original Poster
Originally posted by Pixie Duster
It sould be. Coke is really missing something here, release it just for the summer to test it out. Experienced Disney folks will love it and the regular public would like it too I think. It is a great summer drink.

It would certainly be nice to find Smart Watermelon in the United States. The only way to acheive this is to let Coca Cola know how you feel. I sent this e-mail to Coca Cola. I reccomend fans of the beverage send a similar letter, by visiting http://www2.coca-cola.com/mail/eQuery_other.html.

To Whom it May Concern,

As you may be aware, Coca Cola sponsors a pavilion at EPCOT Center, at the Walt Disney World Resort. Ice Station Cool features Coca Cola brand beverages from around the world.

I am a member of the forums at www.wdwmagic.com, one of the web's largest forums devoted to Walt Disney World. After a recent discussion I have discovered that almost everybody stated their favorite beverage from Ice Station Cool is the Smart Watermelon, currently marketed in China.

It is my beleif, and the beleif of others on the WDWmagic forums that Smart Watermelon would be very sucsessful if marketed in the United States. Are there any current plans of releasing Smart Watermelon in the United States? If not, then it should be considered. The Coca Cola company could release the beverage as a new summer test product in a limited area, and possibly a full nation wide release if it catches on.

The fact is, the sweet flavor of Smart Watermelon makes it a perfect summer drink, and it would be a very unique addition to the competative soft drink market.

One idea for sucsessfully introducing Smart Watermelon to the American public would be issuing the same Smart Watermelon formula under a different name, for instance under the Fanta label. Fanta Watermelon would be a wonderful addition to that line of beverages.

Thank you for considering these ideas,

Steven L. Thompson

gregjill

Fanta is at Ice Station Cool. I went in October and just last week (5/9/04) . October was my first trip to Disney since 1989. I specifically remember the Fanta because it was my favorite. :)

nfeagle5

The watermelon is my favorite.

When i was there last year i took a waterbottle i was carrying and put some "Beverly" in it. When ever somebody in my group asked for water i would give them some. It was amazing watching them gag.:hurl: They eventually figured out what i had done and they made me pay for in when they ganged up on me in the pool later. It was worth it though.:D

Kwit35

Actually, I think they are all pretty gross. (I am a Diet Coke drinker) If I had to pick the one I dislike the least, I would go with the Watermelon as well. The Coke museum in Atlanta is one of my favorite museums to visit, they have even more flavors to taste.

Slipknot

I like all the drinks there, give or take 2 or 3. But of course I haven't been to WDW in almost 4 years so the drinks, besides Coca-Cola Classic, could have changed since then. :(

Pixie Duster

Originally posted by StevenT
It would certainly be nice to find Smart Watermelon in the United States. The only way to acheive this is to let Coca Cola know how you feel. I sent this e-mail to Coca Cola. I reccomend fans of the beverage send a similar letter, by visiting http://www2.coca-cola.com/mail/eQuery_other.html.

To Whom it May Concern,

As you may be aware, Coca Cola sponsors a pavilion at EPCOT Center, at the Walt Disney World Resort. Ice Station Cool features Coca Cola brand beverages from around the world.

I am a member of the forums at www.wdwmagic.com, one of the web's largest forums devoted to Walt Disney World. After a recent discussion I have discovered that almost everybody stated their favorite beverage from Ice Station Cool is the Smart Watermelon, currently marketed in China.

It is my beleif, and the beleif of others on the WDWmagic forums that Smart Watermelon would be very sucsessful if marketed in the United States. Are there any current plans of releasing Smart Watermelon in the United States? If not, then it should be considered. The Coca Cola company could release the beverage as a new summer test product in a limited area, and possibly a full nation wide release if it catches on.

The fact is, the sweet flavor of Smart Watermelon makes it a perfect summer drink, and it would be a very unique addition to the competative soft drink market.

One idea for sucsessfully introducing Smart Watermelon to the American public would be issuing the same Smart Watermelon formula under a different name, for instance under the Fanta label. Fanta Watermelon would be a wonderful addition to that line of beverages.

Thank you for considering these ideas,

Steven L. Thompson

GREAT IDEA!!!!!! Everyone take 2 minutes and write to Coke, you don't have to use Steve letter if ya don't want to, just write a little letter, quick note. Who knows, it could work!

I had a blast tricking students I mentor for FIRST robotics into trying Beverly at the Coke museum in Atlanta. Man I am thankful for Ice Station Cool for prepare myself for that. One student and I drank 3 or so full cups of the stuff to prove to the rest how "manly" we are! :lol:

Talk about masochism. Everyone did like the watermelon the best. They were missing Kinley but had something similar from an Asian country.

AllThatsJoey

The apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one!!!

SewIn2Disney

Originally posted by AllThatsJoey
The apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one, the apple one!!!

Is this some kind of subliminal message?:lookaroun

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pixie Duster

Apple one? I don't think that one is there anymore, when I went today there was Smart Watermelon, Kinley Lemon, VegiBeta, Lychee Melloo, Fanta (From Costa Rica), Mezzo Mix, Beverly, and the Ginger Ale. I think that's all of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom