• The Joker (The Dark Knight)

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Bane (The Dark Knight Rises)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
This thread is pertaining to all of the film villains that have been on the big screen starting with Batman '89.

There wasnt enough spaces for the poll so Ra's Al Ghul was omitted. You can still choose him however.

ppet

I voted for Joker 89, This was such a departure from superhero movie villains. I think it set the bar for movies to come. Saying that I also loved Ledger in the role later on. Very different portrayals.

InnKpr

I hope Colin Farell's Penguin and Paul Dano's Riddler are awesome!
I hope so too. Though I'm a little worried that movie may suffer from villain fatigue, with too many antagonists thrown into the mix... Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Carmine Falcone. I hope this influx of characters doesn't sacrifice story and proper development of each, which unfortunately was the case with other superhero films such as Spider-Man 3, Batman And Robin, The Amazing Spider-Man 2...

The Grand Inquisitor

I hope so too. Though I'm a little worried that movie may suffer from villain fatigue, with too many antagonists thrown into the mix... Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Carmine Falcone. I hope this influx of characters doesn't sacrifice story and proper development of each, which unfortunately was the case with other superhero films such as Spider-Man 3, Batman And Robin, The Amazing Spider-Man 2...
I agree I hope the movie wont be too overstuffed. Plus there's rumors that Mad Hatter and Firefly and Two Face will be in the movie as well.

Last edited:

InnKpr

Plus there's that rumors of Mad Hatter and Firefly and Two Face being in the movie as well.
Two-Face should never be a "show-up and here I am" villain from the start (like in Batman Forever). That doesn't work for him. He needs time for his character arch to unfold, and go on the fallen hero's journey. imo.

This was already done brilliantly in The Dark Knight. Not sure why they'd want to redo what's been perfected, especially in an already character-stuffed film.

Hopefully my skepticism over what we're learning about the upcoming Batman is proven wrong.

The Grand Inquisitor

Two-Face should never be a "show-up and here I am" villain from the start (like in Batman Forever). That doesn't work for him. He needs time for his character arch to unfold, and go on the fallen hero's journey. imo.

This was already done brilliantly in The Dark Knight. Not sure why they'd want to redo what's been perfected, especially in an already character-stuffed film.

Hopefully my skepticism over what we're learning about the upcoming Batman is proven wrong.
I agree 100%. You have to build up Two Face you can just throw him into the mix. I really hope this movie is good. I'm not a fan of them using Riddler and Penguin again, I would prefer if they used characters who barely get used like Mr Freeze or Clayface or the Court of Owls. I would love to see Mr Freeze be done right in a Batman movie. Bryan Cranston would be amazing as Mr Freeze.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom