Favorite Animatronic?

Sir Hiss527

Original Poster
Everybody has a favorite Animatronic in WdW. Mine would haved to be the "Country Bear Jamboree" bears, and "The Hall of Presidents". What's your favorite Animatronic in Disney World? O yea there all great. Thanks! Post!

-Sir Hiss-

EchoOfOphelia

I always thought that the Wicked Witch animatronic in the Wizard of Oz sequence in The Great Movie Ride was great! She's got great mobility, I think that she was the first of a new generation of animatronics if I remember correctly.

cindy_k

AE

I like the robot and skippy in the preshow of Alien Encounter.
Actually I like Skippy. He's cute, even when he's glowing.
:lol:

Cindy in NY

MicBat

Originally posted by EchoOfOphelia
I always thought that the Wicked Witch animatronic in the Wizard of Oz sequence in The Great Movie Ride was great! She's got great mobility, I think that she was the first of a new generation of animatronics if I remember correctly.

The first time I rode GMR (I was 5 at the time), I was terrified of the witch b/c she was so realistic!

My fav audio animatronics would have to be in Spaceship Earth... I've always loved those animatronic rides in Epcot (SE, WOM, Horizons)

xstechbabe

SIR is my fave and alway will be because I hate Animatronics. They freak me out but I have learned to tolerate SIR and I am okay to be around him even if he does need anger management!!:D

BigNorm

This is a great thread! There are so many that I love, but Ellen DeGeneres (UoE), Zazu from Enchanted Tiki Room, and the Hitchiking Ghosts are some of my favourites though.

cookiee_munster

When i first read this post i made my mind up that it was the wicked witch but didn't think that others would pick that animatronic too. I picked her purely for her realistic moves.

goonsquads57

One of my favorites has to be in PoTC, and the mayor in the well. Though the mayor doesn't move much (other than up and down), I like how he spits water each time he comes up. I like that whole scene; the pirate with the hook and all...

disneydudette

No one mentioned COP....

I just love the dog...and the people....I know there not the best...but I still think there great...especially with the backrounds....

prberk

I like the father figure in COP. He is a complete character that you get to "know" throughout the ride. Plus, he was one of my earliest impressions of the extents to which Disney would go for "realism" at the time. Very cool (and his little dog, too!)

And speaking of "and (your) little dog, too," I do think that the Wicked Witch is cool in GMR. Movements are well-done. Unfortunately, they put all of the pizzazz in her, it seems, and absolutely none in Sigourney Weaver ("Aliens" movie sequence) or the Busbee Berkeley opening sequence. The Busbee Berkeley thing is a horrible, plastic way to open what could have been a great ride (don't attack me, please, GMR fans: I just think it was halfhearted in some places).

madape89

I would have to say the Animatronics in the American Adventure show would have to be my favorite. They are the stars of an amazing show. Also, I will always love the Pirates of the Carribbean, it is a true classic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom