Favorite "add on" entertainment

DrummerAlly

Original Poster
What's your favorite "add on" event, entertainment, or activity and why? Is it a good value? Just an amazing experience?

We did the Epcot Segway Tours and the Magic Kingdom Dessert Party on our honeymoon, and while we enjoyed both - the Dessert Party was our favorite. There's nothing like unlimited desserts and sitting back and relaxing out of the chaos to make it really feel like vacation to me. We did it back in 2010, but for the amount we ate and the time we spent, it didn't feel super over priced to me.

catmandoo

We've done the Keys to the Kingdom tour. I really enjoyed that one, neat to get all the insider info and go backstage. Coming up this September I booked the Illuminations Dessert Party as a surprise for DH (Mostly cause I think it's the only way I'll get him to stay for Illuminations!) I'd really love to the the Epcot tours, but I don't think we'll fit it in this trip.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I've gone to the Behind the Seeds Tour at The Land pavilion. For $20 (or less with a coupon), it's a very pleasant walking tour of the greenhouse area. The guide explains in some depth, the various plants and growing processes they use there. People are encouraged to ask questions along the tour as well. The tour lasts about an hour, and the group size is limited to approx. 15 guests.

carriehpotter

I also did the Keys to the Kingdom tour on my last trip and it was awesome! We saw some pretty cool stuff backstage and I learned things even this Disney Geek didn't already know. I'm not sure if this really counts at this point, but we also went to MNSSHP in 2014, and it was SO MUCH FUN. The Trick-or-Treating, the characters in their costumes, the show, the fireworks, the parade (best parade in Disney in my opinion)...all totally worth it! Plus it was super fun to dress up! We also did it the one year they added on the Villain's Sinister Soiree at Cinderella's Royal Table and that will forever be one of my favorite Disney memories. :inlove:

This coming trip we're going to book the Magic Behind Disney's Steam Trains tour for my dad (he's a train nut!) and I'm going to surprise my parents with the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party! So excited!

Po'Rich

I really enjoyed Harambe Nights (an add-on show available summer 2014). There was a special show to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the Lion King. Afterwards, there was a dessert and drinks party. It was a well-executed production and, in my opinion, worth the extra $.

Weather_Lady

We've never invested in any special events other than dining (nor do we need to - we don't make it to WDW often enough, or for long enough, to grow tired of the included-in-your-ticket attractions). We do love the Hoop-do-Doo Musical Revue. DH and I saw it as children and our children enjoy it too, so we go partially for the experience, and partially for the nostalgia.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I've gone to the Behind the Seeds Tour at The Land pavilion. For $20 (or less with a coupon), it's a very pleasant walking tour of the greenhouse area. The guide explains in some depth, the various plants and growing processes they use there. People are encouraged to ask questions along the tour as well. The tour lasts about an hour, and the group size is limited to approx. 15 guests.
^^^^This. It's well worth the money and we're planning on doing it again next summer.:joyfull:

Minthorne

Love to do add-ons. Two of our faves are Family Magic Tour and Behind the Seeds. Both are fun for adults and our kiddo. We are doing Wild Africa Trek next trip and are super excited about it. Would love to hear more about your experience on the Marceline to MK Tour @Minthorne. It's one I am interested in too.

It's a tour that focuses on the influences of Walt's early life on the later theme park development. You get front of the line access to 3 attractions (HM, Pooh an CoP) and a few "behind the scenes" views - the best being the banquet scene in the HM. It's a shorter tour than Keys to the Kingdom and they compliment each other very well. It's a great early morning way to start the MK.

Much-Pixie-Dust

It's a tour that focuses on the influences of Walt's early life on the later theme park development. You get front of the line access to 3 attractions (HM, Pooh an CoP) and a few "behind the scenes" views - the best being the banquet scene in the HM. It's a shorter tour than Keys to the Kingdom and they compliment each other very well. It's a great early morning way to start the MK.
Thanks so much @Minthorne! Enjoy your upcoming trip. :)

Sans Souci

We've done the "Behind the Seeds" tour and the Tomorrowland Dessert Party a couple of times. I don't know if this counts, but we always go to an Afternoon Tea when we go to WDW. I am thinking of doing that Future World tour the next time we go, but it will just be me. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom