Fav All Star Resort?

sig

I am trying to decide which All Star would be the best to stay at. Any suggestions? Is one more child/family oriented than others? or closer to specific Parks?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Dwarful

Re: None of that is true!

Many parents unwisely think that WDW is a good place to bring a little child.

We have always had a great experience with WDW and our small children...our first daughter was 18 months when we took her there and she had a great time. This trip our youngest had just turned two and I think she had the most fun...the look of pure happiness on her face when she saw the characters was worth the trip alone~ Its never been an "unwise" choice for us...but then again we are the parents that take time to cool off, drink lots, leave if they are tired etc...its all about knowing when your kids limits have been met! Of course there are the parents that will "do all and see all at any cost" don't you just love being stuck by them? LOL

Cheryl definately check out the movies...my kids adored playing in Andy's room!

Upvote 0

minniesmom

Fav All Star

We have stayed at most of the Resorts at one time or another. We are taking our grandchildren this summer and we are staying at the A S Movies. They are 2 boys 6 & 8 and have requested the Toy story building. We gave them a choice of where they wanted to stay, this was their pick. (When we travel without the grandkids, we usually stay at OKW.) ASMov is comfortable and the food court has been good. (Much better than Dixie Landings!!!) Enjoy your stay.

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

We've stayed at AS Music for my first trip, AS Movies for my last in February, and would've been Staying @ Movies again if I had booked early enough to get my Disney Club discount, however I didn't. So now we're back @ Music.:eek:

Upvote 0

JonnyK

I never have stayed at the other 2 All Star resorts, I have stayed at the All Stars Music, Its pretty nice.. But a little boring to look at, needs better themeing.. etc etc.

You can stay at either one of them because the lobby is the same as the music.. kinda.

Upvote 0

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Andy's Room

Originally posted by minniesmom
What and Where is Andy's room?

To the left of the Fantasia area, walking beyond Silver Screen Spirits, is a doorway into Andy's room. The door is probably twenty feet high or so. It's also permanently open, so even though I obviously wasn't supposed to enter (a note from Andy tells all to "keep out"), I couldn't resist.

Inside, in all their glory, are the two main toys of Andy's room. Woody, the main man, and Buzz Lightyear, the "new guy in the room."

Andy's Room is the courtyard between the 2 Toy Story buildings. We first stayed there right after it opened. Buzz stands about 30 feet tall and Woody is seated and is about 20 feet tall. Those icons are very nice, except WDW had to errect a fence around Woody to keep visitors from climbing all over him. What shame.

P.S. We have pictures of Woody before the fence!

Upvote 0

Big Pooh

I like Movies the best, but all 3 are basically copies of one another, so it just depends on which theme you like best. Go look at some pictures on the web to compare them. I don't know if the buses rotate first stops or if they always pick-up and drop-off at Sports first, but since I like to go during the off-season it does'nt seem to matter. I've never seen a packed bus the first 2 weeks of Dec. Man, I just LOVE off-season.:D :lol:

Cheers:wave:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Hey minniesmom take plenty of film...we used a whole roll just at the resort...the Andy's room area is just too cute...the kids can sit inside the little remote control car from the movie, standing in front of the door etc.~ the kids thought it was so cool to "be inside the movie" as my 5yr old put it~

Upvote 0

BoBa BoI

I've never stayed at an All-Star Resort, actually i've never stayed at any Officially Disney resort, i've stayed at some of the on-site non-disney resorts though. I was wondering how the All-Stars they compare to the deluxe resorts, because i was considering staying at one of the All-Stars, but my parents wanted to stay at the Contemporary instead. Is there really a huge difference?

Upvote 0

conntom

To BoBa Boi there is a big difference for one the Price. Contemporay is higher in Price then the All star resorts.
But I fond no night life at the ALL Star and the food was
in a food court. But if you dont mind that. The rooms are
a good size. The Pools are nice and big but its up to you
But it is Disney a big fan of Disney:) :) :) :) :) :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom