Fav All Star Resort?

sig

I am trying to decide which All Star would be the best to stay at. Any suggestions? Is one more child/family oriented than others? or closer to specific Parks?

Thanks in advance for any input!

WDWspider

They are all beside one another, I guess you could say that the All Star Sports is closer to all the parks, but not by much. The All Star Movies is farther (again - not by much). They are all set up the same (two pools, similar rooms, food court, arcade, gift shop). The main difference is the theme you want - sports, music, or movies. I think Movies fills up faster, but it's a prefences. Now in each resort their are better choices, for example... Basketball is farther away from the food court and bus stop, but is more calm in the evenings.

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

All-Star Music was really neat but we were in Rock N Roll which was way in the back, yes it is near the quite pool but far from the Food Court. The room was really cool and we loved the piano pool. I did think it was a little confusing finding our room. Any place on property is a great place to be.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

DanStat

I've never stayed in an All-Star before, but judging by looks, I would say Pop-Century. The All-Stars are kinda away from everything...and, depending on your children, the rooms might be cramped.

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Sure, if you have the choice of Pop Century, then go for it, it is very close to WWoS and Disney Studios, and not too far from Typhoon Lagoon and EPCOT. Plus, it has a Lake so there may be Water Mice and Beaches.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

we have now stayed at all three all stars and I would have to say that Movies is now are new favorite! We stayed in Dalmation Bldg. #1. The room was big enough for what we needed it for....sleeping, showering, etc! The theme was great throughout the resort...you pay more for Fantasia Bldg. but Toy Story and Dalamtion are close to pools, laundry, food court, bus stops etc. We didnt have any noise problems and it looked full. Of course we were a family of eight with five kids...2-15 and all five of them found something they loved~~

Upvote 0

disneygal2001

Hey I have stayed at All Star Sports and Music and in Dec I will be staying at Movies. I love all of them because of the different themes and that they are cheaper than the other resorts on property.

Yes Pop Century would be a great place to stay if they were opened by the time you go. They are not opening until next Spring.

All of the All Stars are located with in a few tenths of a mile from each other and about 1 mile from DAK (Disney's Animal Kingdom) So it really doesn't matter which one that you stay at. If you have kids that are old enough let them pick one out of the three. They will then be a part of planning the trip.

I hope that this helps

Becky

Upvote 0

Cheryl

We've never checked out the All Star Resorts but now that I've heard that there is a Toy Story building at the All Star Movies, I think we'll have to go and check it out for my son's benefit! Buzz is almost like a idol for him! That would be really cool! :cool:

Have a happy and safe 4th of July!!!

Cheryl:D

Upvote 0

Jimmy

Originally posted by sig
I am trying to decide which All Star would be the best to stay at. Any suggestions? Is one more child/family oriented than others? or closer to specific Parks?

Thanks in advance for any input!

The ASMovies is the newest and is my favorite. Plus they still had the soft drink SURGE on the fountain at the food court during 3/02.

Upvote 0

MDJ

We are staying at the All-Star Movies resort for the 2nd time. My daughter is 5 years old, and she loves the atmoshpere and decorations. I thought about staying at one of the moderates, but I am pretty sure she likes ASM better.

Mark

Upvote 0

bearboysnc

They are all beside one another, I guess you could say that the All Star Sports is closer to all the parks

It's also the first bus stop (so you always get a seat)

It's also the first bus stop (so you get out first, away from the B.O. bodies)

It's the least popular, therefore the least crowded.

It's more popular with older kids (less teeny children to trip over, less urine in the pool)

Upvote 0

Cheryl

Originally posted by bearboysnc

It's more popular with older kids (less teeny children to trip over, less urine in the pool)

Hey Bearboysnc:wave:

The above has really made me never want to stay at the All Stars Sports....remind me what a good thing I'm missing by staying there! It can't all be that bad! :lol:

---------------------------------------------------
7 days to Disney :king:
Cheryl

Upvote 0

Talsonic

Account Suspended
None of that is true!

Originally posted by bearboysnc

It's also the first bus stop (so you always get a seat)

It's the least popular, therefore the least crowded.

In real life the buses rotate. They do not always pick up or drop off at Sports first. I wish they did! Also, Sports is not the least popular. Tell that to all the "teams" and "cheerleaders" so the rest of us can get some peace! As for the last comment, it could indeed be true. However, I have found way too many tiny children all over WDW. Many parents unwisely think that WDW is a good place to bring a little child.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom