Fastpass Trick I picked Up at the Park

SMJ0724

I always use the app modification trick. Works every time! I spoke to a CM about the logistics about it and here's how it was explained to me:

Whenever anyone, ANYWHERE (app or kiosk) is looking to modify a time or attraction for an existing or new FastPass+ reservation, all of the times that show up on their screen are held for that person. This is designed to prevent someone from grabbing a new time, only to be met with a "Sorry, that's not available" error.

While you are at a kiosk making a new selection, you can refresh the available times by selecting the next attraction on the list, and then going back to the original attraction. The list of times on the right is refreshed every time a new attraction is selected. Just stand at the kiosk for a few seconds and flip back and forth a few times. You will see that the available times change pretty frequently.

The availability of FastPass+ selections changes so rapidly because people are constantly changing their plans. Keep looking - you never know what you'll find!

Bairstow

I always use the app modification trick. Works every time! I spoke to a CM about the logistics about it and here's how it was explained to me:

Whenever anyone, ANYWHERE (app or kiosk) is looking to modify a time or attraction for an existing or new FastPass+ reservation, all of the times that show up on their screen are held for that person. This is designed to prevent someone from grabbing a new time, only to be met with a "Sorry, that's not available" error.

While you are at a kiosk making a new selection, you can refresh the available times by selecting the next attraction on the list, and then going back to the original attraction. The list of times on the right is refreshed every time a new attraction is selected. Just stand at the kiosk for a few seconds and flip back and forth a few times. You will see that the available times change pretty frequently.

The availability of FastPass+ selections changes so rapidly because people are constantly changing their plans. Keep looking - you never know what you'll find!
So that's why the people in front of me at the kiosks always take forever.

Minnie1986

Others may already know this, but here goes. We used our 3 fastpasses. The next one has to be done at a Kiosk. My daughter wanted to ride Splash Mountain. We waited in line for the Kiosk and the CM stated none of the mountains was available. We went to a Kiosk and sure enough, none had any times. So we booked Jungle Cruise. Got out of line, went into the App. There Jungle Cruise was listed. I then used the App to modify my fastpass experience and low and behold, Splash Mountain did have a time I could pick. It was much later, but at least it was there. We picked it and went on.

So the tip is, you can modify your extra fastpass using the App with a lot more freedom than the Kiosk gives you.
Awesome tip. Thank you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom