Fastpass+ Touchscreen/Pressure Screen

Nic

Original Poster
Just got back from WDW ... everything was amazing. Fastpass+ worked like a charm, but my only complaint about the new changes are the screens in which you go to make new reservations. Could they not have invested in a touchscreen? The pressure screen was hard to touch and very wild. This made lines for the kiosks so much longer than they should have been.

Wishes 1971

Agreed. Seemed like it was tap....tap....tap, and then it would go....

Even the cast members stationed at the kiosks had their challenges!

I can't wait until they let you add your 4th, 5th, etc. via the mobile app.

Nic

Original Poster
why would they all be gone soon? FP+ isn't going anywhere and there will always be people who will need to use them.
I'm referring to the inevitable of people using phones to make their Fastpass+ reservations, or having CMs with phones make it for them.

G00fyDad

It will be quite a long time before everyone goes totally over to the smartphone. Disney will have the kiosks for a while. Cheaper than manning the stations with as many CMs as kiosks.

Nic

Original Poster
It will be quite a long time before everyone goes totally over to the smartphone. Disney will have the kiosks for a while. Cheaper than manning the stations with as many CMs as kiosks.
That's basically what's happening right now though ... each CM is at one kiosk.

asialeigh

Just got back from WDW ... everything was amazing. Fastpass+ worked like a charm, but my only complaint about the new changes are the screens in which you go to make new reservations. Could they not have invested in a touchscreen? The pressure screen was hard to touch and very wild. This made lines for the kiosks so much longer than they should have been.

They are pressure sensitive for a reason. Just imagine if a child was antsy and touching the screen while making selection, the screen would go nuts. In the long run it's better for it to be pressure sensitive so accidentally clicks and things like that dont happen. If you use your finger nail the screen works quite well.

Scott10

If you use your finger nail the screen works quite well.
Bingo!!! I was having an awful time using the screens and one of the CM's finally told me to use my finger nail....only problem is, I have no finger nails as my bad habit is biting them!:banghead:
It was amazing how much better they worked though with what little nail I could get on them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom