Fastpass System and EMH?

tinkerblonde11

Original Poster
How does the Fastpass System work now exactly? I haven't been to Disney in about 5 years, where you would put your Key into the FP kiosk, and get the paper with the name of the ride and the times you can go ride it within. Does this still happen? Or is it different? I got confused now with the introduction of Magic+

Also Extra Magic Hours, we used to show our key to a CM and get a wristband, but to my understanding they don't do wristbands anymore?

In short, could someone explain how Fastpass and Extra Magic Hours currently work?

KatMaria

The old Fastpass system is still being used, you still put your card in and get a paper ticket. If you are using the new Fastpass system then your reservations for Fastpass are already made and you just have to go and tap your card on the new system, but unless you have gotten an email from Disney to participate, you don't even have to worry about the new system yet.
They do not do wristbands, you only show your resort key to the person in front of the ride you are trying to get into.
And as far as I know, they do not offer Fastpasses for EMH.

baloofigment14

Currently they are still using the paper fast passes and I will let someone else with a better understanding explain the new coming fast pass system. Currently for EMH you just have to show your room card before each ride no wristbands. Hope that helps a little.:)

luv

As of now, its the same old system. The only difference is that you must return during the times listed on your FP. If it is 4:05 - 5:05, that is your window of opportunity! They were always strict about not letting people in early, but they were good about letting you use it late. Not any longer! When the window shuts, it slams shut! You snooze, you lose.

They sometimes test parts of their new thing. If you are selected to be a guinea pig, they'll explain everything to you, so don't worry about that. But, if you'd been selected, you would probably already know, so I think you can relax. :)

We don't know when the new system will roll out. If Disney knows, they haven't told us. It's probably a ways away.

EMH - you never needed anything but your room key for the morning ones and you still don't. They have eliminated wristbands for night ones - you show your room key at each attraction entrance (like Uni has always done with their FOTL thing, if you used that). I think lanyards come in very handy for this purpose. So much easier than getting it out and putting it away all the time. But many people think lanyards are geeky or just don't want something hanging around their neck. Just a suggestion!

Everyone is welcome to stay in the park to shop, eat, look around, but only WDW hotel guests get on the rides.

Have a great trip! :)

heatherkatheleen

The old Fastpass system is still being used, you still put your card in and get a paper ticket. If you are using the new Fastpass system then your reservations for Fastpass are already made and you just have to go and tap your card on the new system, but unless you have gotten an email from Disney to participate, you don't even have to worry about the new system yet.
They do not do wristbands, you only show your resort key to the person in front of the ride you are trying to get into.
And as far as I know, they do not offer Fastpasses for EMH.
So I can't participate in Fastpass+ because I haven't been asked to?

ddbowdoin

How does the Fastpass System work now exactly? I haven't been to Disney in about 5 years, where you would put your Key into the FP kiosk, and get the paper with the name of the ride and the times you can go ride it within. Does this still happen? Or is it different? I got confused now with the introduction of Magic+

Also Extra Magic Hours, we used to show our key to a CM and get a wristband, but to my understanding they don't do wristbands anymore?

In short, could someone explain how Fastpass and Extra Magic Hours currently work?
No wristbands anymore, have your room keys available for everyone in your party at the main entrance for the CM to verify.

some CM's are vigilant, others.... not so much. I was in line once and the party in front of me stayed offsite and brought keys from a previous year. Not all the CM's actually read the keys.

darthhaider

Does the Fast Pass system carry on into the Extra Magic hours?

My family is scheduled to arrive at our resort on a Sunday night in July. We are going to head to MK to catch fireworks, and then will stick around for EMH. Will we still be able to get Fast Passes for the extra time, or is it just regular lines during the bonus time?

englanddg

One Little Spark...

My family is scheduled to arrive at our resort on a Sunday night in July. We are going to head to MK to catch fireworks, and then will stick around for EMH. Will we still be able to get Fast Passes for the extra time, or is it just regular lines during the bonus time?

Fast Pass does not apply to EMH. The machines are shut down.

litaljohn

here's a sort of random emh related question. does anyone know on average the percent of non resort guests in say MK on any given day? kind of wonder with Extra magic hours if they are a result of resort privilege creating smaller crowds vs. sleepy and tired people who just don't take advantage

luv

Depends. Sometimes they'll start issuing FPs for some things (e.g. Space Mountain) just for the night EMHs. Other times, they don't.

If there is a way to know in advance if they're going to issue them, I never figured it out. I'd just go over to space and see. :)

But if you stay until closing, you'll be able to get on the popular stuff without much of a wait, if there is any wait at all.

ddbowdoin

Depends. Sometimes they'll start issuing FPs for some things (e.g. Space Mountain) just for the night EMHs. Other times, they don't.

If there is a way to know in advance if they're going to issue them, I never figured it out. I'd just go over to space and see. :)

But if you stay until closing, you'll be able to get on the popular stuff without much of a wait, if there is any wait at all.

I have seen the machines shooting times out that extended into EMH.. so in a way sometimes it happens

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom