FastPass+ stressing me out...

JennSmith

Original Poster
Sorry if that was bad taste to say something non-Disney on here. I am still pretty new at all of this thread stuff :)

CJLove79

This is all awesome info! thank you so much! So, again considering we are there in the middle of September, do you think I should NOT waste any FP selections on fireworks? More specifically Fantasmic!?

My Disney World trip is in October and I got a Fantasmic Dinner reservation at Hollywood & Vine. By doing that, I'll get a voucher that'll gives me and my girl access to the front & center section of the Fantasmic arena. Keep in mind that its not reserved seating, so you'll be able to pick any seat. But still the best part is that you're in the center area. As far as the fireworks, getting a FastPass for fireworks & parades are more of an option than a neccessity really. The new hub is so massive now that it should be easy for you to get a good spot so long as you get there early enough. We plan on using 3 FastPasses for rides only at the Theme Parks, we won't get a fourth at all. We plan to hit the non major rides at rope drop and save our FastPasses for the major ones.We made a plan to "case" the hub for the perfect spot for celebrate the magic, wishes & the electric parade early in the afternoon while heading out for our Break. We also have dinner reservations at the Plaza & Crystal Palace restaurants on our MK days at times an hour and a half before the parades & fireworks. We're fast eaters so by the time we get out, we have a straight shot to the spot(s) we chose.

Figgy1

Premium Member
My Disney World trip is in October and I got a Fantasmic Dinner reservation at Hollywood & Vine. By doing that, I'll get a voucher that'll gives me and my girl access to the front & center section of the Fantasmic arena. Keep in mind that its not reserved seating, so you'll be able to pick any seat. But still the best part is that you're in the center area. As far as the fireworks, getting a FastPass for fireworks & parades are more of an option than a neccessity really. The new hub is so massive now that it should be easy for you to get a good spot so long as you get there early enough. We plan on using 3 FastPasses for rides only at the Theme Parks, we won't get a fourth at all. We plan to hit the non major rides at rope drop and save our FastPasses for the major ones.We made a plan to "case" the hub for the perfect spot for celebrate the magic, wishes & the electric parade early in the afternoon while heading out for our Break. We also have dinner reservations at the Plaza & Crystal Palace restaurants on our MK days at times an hour and a half before the parades & fireworks. We're fast eaters so by the time we get out, we have a straight shot to the spot(s) we chose.
Have you been to H&V before for dinner?

CJLove79

Have you been to H&V before for dinner?

We're actually going there for Breakfast because my girl watches the shows on Disney XD at times & wanted to do the meet and greet. I told her that they dance around with the kids and that's where she drew the line. LOL. We're only going there a second time as a means to get a good spot at Fantasmic. LOL.

Figgy1

Premium Member
We're actually going there for Breakfast because my girl watches the shows on Disney XD at times & wanted to do the meet and greet. I told her that they dance around with the kids and that's where she drew the line. LOL. I'm only going there a second time as a means to get a good spot at Fantasmic. LOL.
Breakfast ok, lunch and dinner not so much as this is a family friendly forum

DVCPluto

I like to think about where we'll be during the day to determine our FP+s. But, it's more day dreaming for me and I really enjoy it - so it's not a burden or stressful.

This is what I usually do: 1. Determine how many days you will be in each park. 2. Pick your top 3 for each day. 3. Use the map function on the WDW site and take a virtual stroll. This will give you an idea of how much time to put in between FP+s and what else you want to do. 4. Pick your times.

Keep in mind that September is HOT. If you're staying onsite and can go back to the hotel during the hottest part of the day to use the pool, you'll want to schedule your FP+s either before or after. I would aim for either morning or evening and stack them. Meaning: 9:00, 10:00, 11:00 a.m. for example. If you schedule them in the morning, you can get there at rope drop, do a ride or two, then use your FP+s. Afterwards, have some lunch, and determine if you want to go back to the hotel or not. Evening FP+s give you more of a leisurely morning. All depends what you and your crew like to do.

Have a wonderful trip! Like everyone else said - you won't screw it up! They're just a bonus :)

rkleinlein

Agree with with previous comments: I would not waste a fast pass for ANY fireworks or parades at ANY time of year. No matter how crowded (which it will not be in September) you can still see the Fireworks and Parades, just maybe not in the front row. If you are set on a reserved seat at Fantasmic, try to get them with a Fantasmic dining package, not fast pass.

FrostyNaples

I have not been to Disney World since 9/2005. We will be going again 9/2015. I was wondering how AWFUL it will be if I completely screw up my FastPass+ selections. It is really stressing me out. I keep trying to read as much as possible so when my 60 day window opens I will be prepared but ugh. I mean I am getting some serious anxiety over it. I know September is usually low volume so I keep trying to tell myself if I completely fail it won't be that big of a deal. However it will also be during the free dining promo so maybe the crowd volume won't be so low anymore? I know last time we went, (2005). We did not use the version of FastPass+ that they had at the time at all and I do not recall having to wait a terrible amount of time but again....there was no free dining promotion that I was aware of at that time. What do you guys think?

You certainly are stressing out about this.

Think of the FP as the 10 items or less check out line.

If you don't get one, you always have standby!

Soarin' Mama

I feel you, OP.

I'm planning my second WDW trip. Our first was in 2007, and it was awesome-everything a WDW vacation ought to be. We did utilize FP and I loved it. But learning about FP+ is exhausting. It seems like so much has changed over the last 8 years, and I feel almost like I'm planning our first trip.

I love all the tips that have already been given. I think, like most things, it'll be much simpler and easier once I do it in person.

My big worry is that we'll get a FP+ for something we can just walk on in the morning right after rope drop. I guess in that case, we can just ride it twice?

DVCPluto

My big worry is that we'll get a FP+ for something we can just walk on in the morning right after rope drop. I guess in that case, we can just ride it twice?

If you can walk on, you can ride it as many times as you like! ;)

However, do not use the FP+ line - just ride standby. Either on your smartphone or at a kiosk, change the FP+ to something else that is available. It may not be a "top choice" but it will save you time somewhere.

Parker Clan

image.jpg
Enjoy your trip! I love your Avatar- I think that's what the little picture is called. LOL.:) I always thought... Keep Calm. We're going to Disney was a neat idea, but yours is better!:joyfull:
I just bought an adorable shirt on etsy that says.. I can't keep calm I'm in Disney! To wear when I'm there in August. I agree it's a great saying!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom