Fastpass+ Stressing Me Out, I thought this was a vacation

Redhawk

You make it sound like an assembly line. It's not supposed to be.

Disney has always done crowd control of some sort. I mean, switch-back lines were created by Disney and went on to be used everywhere. Maybe this new system isn't working as envisioned right now, but I don't think it's impossible for it to be tweaked and made better in time.

For those who complain that you just can't have a good experience using MM+ as it is now, well, millions of people go to the parks each year without ADRs or lots of advance planning or creation of detailed schedules, and they don't even use Fast Pass -- yet they manage to eat something, get on the rides, enjoy parades and shows, and generally have a very good time.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You make it sound like an assembly line. It's not supposed to be. It's supposed to be an experience. FP+ does nothing to enhance guest experiences and instead turns it into one big planning session. I don't mind some planning, but planning exactly what I want to ride on each day? No.

I'm an engineer, I also work extensively with customers This kind of regimentation is what I went to Disney to GET AWAY FROM, And now we are having lines held because of insufficient FP+ holders for attraction which means Attraction CM's are being judged on how well they are meeting the FP/Standby ratio. Don't see enough FP's - hold that standby line till the mix counter ticks over to the 'correct' ratio.

Guest experience - who cares as long as the almighty METRIC numbers are in-band

MaryJaneP

Wow. Never worked for any Disney company but wish I did. The commercials do seem to try to make everything seem very chill, especially the ones about staying at a Disney resort. As long as there have been ADRs and FP of any kind, there seems to have been an undercurrent of haves and have-nots. This undercurrent remains and seems to have been magnified by the MME and FP+ stratification. Buy into it if it makes you feel elevated. We simply find it to be untrue that a vacation to WDW is impossible to enjoy unless one submits to the MME/FP+ program.

There seem to be as many Debbie downers here that find the glass half-empty (not us) as there are people that find the glass half-full (us). As bad as some are making out the whole MME and FP+ experience to be, maybe the APrs should be glad that they haven't had to endure the sheer torture others feel this brings. Of course, that was only temporary, and now they can be assimilated too, fwiw. We don't extensively plan and it has never caused us to enjoy our trips to WDW any less. Of course, we are only one of the many families to visit WDW and some feel the need to plan extensively while others vacation stress free, like us. As Steven Tyler says, "Life's a journey, not a destination". Either way, we hope you have fun on your trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom