Fastpass+ strategy

Gravydeen

Original Poster
Going in June when things are hopping. Is the best Fastpass+ strategy to get your 3 as early as possible so you can get more after that? Or since lines are shorter at rope drop is it best to get your Fastpasses for mid morning and hit the busy rides at rope drop when FP is not needed? I may be making some bad assumptions but why get a FP+ for first thing when others are practically walking right in(<30minutes)? One bad assumption of mine may be thinking that I will be able to get a FP+ for that early.

DisneyJoe

Going in June when things are hopping. Is the best Fastpass+ strategy to get your 3 as early as possible so you can get more after that? Or since lines are shorter at rope drop is it best to get your Fastpasses for mid morning and hit the busy rides at rope drop when FP is not needed? I may be making some bad assumptions but why get a FP+ for first thing when others are practically walking right in(<30minutes)? One bad assumption of mine may be thinking that I will be able to get a FP+ for that early.
I have used both strategies, much depends on my plans for the day. For example, we may visit one park at rope drop and not use any FP+, head back to the resort for a nap/swim/meal, and then go to a second park and have FP+ arranged for that park for the popular rides.

Weather_Lady

I think it depends on the park. For HS and Epcot where the tiered system makes a 4th FP (which can be used for a Tier 1 attraction if any slots remain) more valuable, and where the paucity of good attractions makes lines build up quickly after rope drop, we burn through our three FP+ as fast as we can (e.g., 9am, 10am, 11am on the dot) and then try for a 4th within that park (and then a 5th for whatever park we'll hop to later, if any.)

In the MK, we prefer to use our FP+ in the evening, since there are so many attractions that you can get a ton done in the 2 hours after rope drop with virtually no wait, and there are certain headliners (e.g., 7DMT, BTMRR) that are especially enjoyable after dark.

At AK, we don't even use FP+ as a rule. It's not a full-day park for us so we make our FP+ in whatever park we'll hop to later, and simply get to the popular stuff (Kilimanjaro Safaris, Expedition Everest, Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur, in that order) in the first hour after rope drop, with little wait.

Princess Leia

Depending on when you go in June, Pandora might be open, so I think it's possible that AK could go to the tier system. If it is open, and you plan to go, definitely try to get a FP+ for one of the two attractions and rope drop the other.

As for Epcot, definitely try to get a FP+ for Frozen Ever After, as the chances of finding a line that is less than 60 minutes seems to be slim. Test Track and Soarin' apparently have much better wait times now, and you can always do TT as a single rider if you choose to ride Soarin' first.

Owl X

I would reserve your first Fasspass+ about an hour or so after rope drop.
Since a FP+ window is an hour, you have almost 2 hours before you have to use the 1st FP+.
This can be helpful when your 1st & 2nd FPs are close in the park as you can go from one ride to the next.

Example:
  • Rope drop 8 AM
  • First FP+ widow 9AM-10AM
    • Use FP close to 10AM
  • Second FP+ window 10AM-11AM
    • Use 2nd FP @10 AM if location is close to 1st FP
  • Third FP+ window 11AM-12 Noon
  • Eat Lunch around Noon

Laulag1290

Once you set it up for 3, you have to use them before you get anymore.. Always set them up back to back. If your going early get them early. Even if you dont need it, usually its a shorter walk. After your 3, you can only get one at a time. Slower rides is when I set up my next fastpass. If you really want a fastpass and it says they are gone, keep reloading the page. One will usually pop up because someone didnt show for their time. Bigger rides fastpasses go fast!! Usually you can not get them day off! You'd be lucky to find one even a week out. If you have older kids, definitely get those first! As soon as you can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom