FastPass Recommendations

essenzza

Original Poster
Good Afternoon. We're going to Disney for the first time ever in January. My 2 girls will be 6 and 3. What do you recommend for FastPast in terms of what is most likely to have a long line to begin with?

We will be doing two days at Magic Kingdom and 1 day each at Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios.

Thank you!

Owl X

Magic Kingdom Day 1: Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan’s Flight
Magic Kingdom Day 2: Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, It’s a Small World, Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Animal Kingdom: Na’vi River Journey, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Festival of the Lion King
Disney Hollywood Studios: Toy Story Mania, Muppet Vision 3D, Fantasmic (if you are staying late)

I left out rides that have height requirements since your 3 year old may not be able to ride those.

Last edited:

RememberWhen

Will you have two adults? Does your older child like adventurous rides? My 6yo loves anything he can get on. Tower of terror was his favorite when we were last there when he was 4. How tall is the youngest?

RememberWhen

Magic Kingdom:
Jungle Cruise
Thunder Mountain (youngest is too short, could child swap)
Peter Pan
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (youngest is too short, could child swap)
Splash Mountain
Winnie the Pooh

Hollywood Studios:
Alien Swirling Saucers (youngest should be tall enough)
Toy Story
We always do tower of terror, but your kids might not like that. Youngest is too small anyway.
We haven’t done much in this park in the past few years.

Animal Kingdom:
FOP (youngest is too short, could child swap)
Safari
Everest (youngest is too short, could child swap)

You didn’t say how tall the 6 year old is, so she may be a little short for the more adventurous rides if she’s on the small side.

aliceismad

Are you ok with breaking up (one parent with the older kid, and one parent with the younger kid)? That would allow the older one to do the bigger rides.

Do they like characters? Some of the character meet lines can get pretty long.

WDWFan2018

If you have a child that doesn't meet height requirements, it's a great way to maximize fast passes. For example at AK, get Flight of Passage FP for parent #1 and 6 year old and then parent #2 can swap and ride with the 6 year old a second time. Then you can use another FP for Na'vi River for parent #2 and 3 year old and parent #1 can swap. The only issue is you don't all get to ride together.

disneydad83

If you have a child that doesn't meet height requirements, it's a great way to maximize fast passes. For example at AK, get Flight of Passage FP for parent #1 and 6 year old and then parent #2 can swap and ride with the 6 year old a second time. Then you can use another FP for Na'vi River for parent #2 and 3 year old and parent #1 can swap. The only issue is you don't all get to ride together.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Na'avi River has child swap.

aliceismad

Another recent thread suggested Disney may be cracking down on this, unless both adults have FPs for that particular ride. https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rider-swap-gives-you-free-fast-passes.951107/

WDWFan2018

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Na'avi River has child swap.

Actually, I think you're right. We had FP for both but I don't remember how we did it. We all went on Na'vi River and we did a parent swap on FOP. I don't remember how that all worked out. I may have just asked if we could all ride since 2 had FPs and the other 2 didn't. I think they let us all go but I wouldn't expect that every time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom