FastPass+ question: Mixing the old and new

ob1thx1138

Original Poster
Right now I have 3 FastPass+ selections for the morning time in Epcot. That evening we are planning on going to the Magic Kingdom. I know that we will not be able to schedule any FastPass+ for the Magic Kingdom that evening, but once we get to the park if I go up to the Fastpass machine for space mountain will I be able to get a fast pass for that night or will I not be able to use FastPass anymore that day?

Sorry if this has been asked before. I looked and could not find an example similar to mine given.

darthspielberg

Last I heard that for the time being, your Key to the World card will work in the FastPass machines in addition to your FastPass+ selections. I know they are going to eventually stop that from being the case, but I haven't heard of that being the case yet.

Becky

Right now I have 3 FastPass+ selections for the morning time in Epcot. That evening we are planning on going to the Magic Kingdom. I know that we will not be able to schedule any FastPass+ for the Magic Kingdom that evening, but once we get to the park if I go up to the Fastpass machine for space mountain will I be able to get a fast pass for that night or will I not be able to use FastPass anymore that day?

Sorry if this has been asked before. I looked and could not find an example similar to mine given.

What we did was schedule FP+ for the late afternoon/evening in one park and go to a different park in the morning when it opened and get paper fastpasses for that park.

WDWYankee15

What we did was schedule FP+ for the late afternoon/evening in one park and go to a different park in the morning when it opened and get paper fastpasses for that park.

This would be my advice as there may not be any paper FastPasses left by the time you get to the other park in the evening. Also for MK you get 4 FastPass+'s per day as opposed to 3 in the other parks, so it may be wise to switch your FassPass+'s to MK and get paper ones in the morning at EPCOT.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
This - if you are a rope dropper, then this x 2. Getting on rides and getting paper fast passes in the am should not be an issue. The same cannot be said for the afternoons and even worse for evenings.

If they weren't forecasting the end of paper fast passes this scenario would be a park hoppers dream in most cases. Unfortunately this is not the case. As an avid park hopper I am going to enjoy this "double dipping" set up while it lasts.

ob1thx1138

Original Poster
I will be using magic bands (just got them in the mail last week!!!) so I wonder if that will make a difference in if I will be able to get paper fast passes at the other park.
The day I am speaking of is September 29th so I don't think paper FastPasses running out will be much of an issue and honestly I am hoping that the crowds are low enough that I might not even have to use FastPasses that evening as we are mostly going for the Halloween Party and plan on parade watching and fire works viewing.

So i guess a more general question is: can you still get paper fast passes on the same day that you have FastPass+ scheduled regardless of park?

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I will be using magic bands (just got them in the mail last week!!!) so I wonder if that will make a difference in if I will be able to get paper fast passes at the other park.
The day I am speaking of is September 29th so I don't think paper FastPasses running out will be much of an issue and honestly I am hoping that the crowds are low enough that I might not even have to use FastPasses that evening as we are mostly going for the Halloween Party and plan on parade watching and fire works viewing.

So i guess a more general question is: can you still get paper fast passes on the same day that you have FastPass+ scheduled regardless of park?

Yes, you can and I will see you at mnsshp that night. I will be the one dressed up.

goofy

I have a similar question......

I have some fastpass+ booked for certain days but not for other days. On the days i dont have any fastpass+ booked am i free to use the normal fast pass system or is it clever enough to know i am involved in fast pass+ and therefore that becomes my only route to get fastpasses?

From reading what ive read i think you only take yourself out normal fastpass system when you use your first fast pass+ but not sure if thats per day and resets at night or if its per duration of ticket.........??

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I have a similar question......

I have some fastpass+ booked for certain days but not for other days. On the days i dont have any fastpass+ booked am i free to use the normal fast pass system or is it clever enough to know i am involved in fast pass+ and therefore that becomes my only route to get fastpasses?

From reading what ive read i think you only take yourself out normal fastpass system when you use your first fast pass+ but not sure if thats per day and resets at night or if its per duration of ticket.........??
As long as you have a ticket or KTTW card, you can still get regular fastpasses from the machine, in addition to any FP+ reservations you may have. During this testing phase you are allowed to "double dip", having both FP+ and regular FP.

Bairstow

As of last weekend, you can still get paper fast passes before, during, and after your FP+ times as long as you use your paper tickets to get them. This works even if you used the magic band to enter the park, or have park-hopped.

jkl2000

Does the Fastpass system currently prevent you from having Fastpass+ and paper Fastpasses with overlapping times?

Also, once you've made Fastpass+ selections for a day, is there a way to cancel them all for that day and start over? Or do you have to change them one at a time?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Also, once you've made Fastpass+ selections for a day, is there a way to cancel them all for that day and start over? Or do you have to change them one at a time?
We canceled all for one day and started over making selections in a different park.

goofy

As of last weekend, you can still get paper fast passes before, during, and after your FP+ times as long as you use your paper tickets to get them. This works even if you used the magic band to enter the park, or have park-hopped.

Our tickets are the new style plastic ones, ive linked to My Disney Experience and booked fast pass pluses.......from your post it sounds like we can still use this ticket to get normal fast passes as well??? Or is it just the old style paper ticket it works with........

If i have picked you up correctly now sounds a good time to go if you get the best of both worlds?

G00fyDad

As long as you have a ticket or KTTW card, you can still get regular fastpasses from the machine, in addition to any FP+ reservations you may have. During this testing phase you are allowed to "double dip", having both FP+ and regular FP.

So even though I will have a Magic Band I will still have a kttw card issued to me during the test phase? If so then that would be awesome for FastPasses.

mickey2008.1

here and now, yes, but you need a pass hopper obviously. They plan to roll it all out in november from we have herad so far this week, and it will be magic bands only come january. thats what i anm hearing today at the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom