Fastpass+ Question/Confusion

Harvey1977

Original Poster
Hi all

Long time reader, rare poster!

Right, I've been reading alot about the whole fastpass+ and the magic band testing.

I might be wrong but at the moment you can only reserve 3 fastpass+ for one park on one day and that you "cannot" then receive any further paper fastpasses?!?! If that is true then why would you bother with the limited number of fastpass+ that are on offer?. Wouldn't it be better just to stick with the paper ones. That is until the whole fastpass+ is rolled out and the paper tickets are removed.

My second "question" is that once the normal paper fastpass one are removed would you then be able to reserve the three fast passes that you "really, really want" before departure and then pick up additional ones from the then defunct or renovated old paper fastpass machines? Would they then turn them into fastpass+ pick up points?

Hope that makes sense fellow Mouseketeers!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Right now it looks like you will be able to book 3 fastpass + experiences in advance. I could be wrong, but I believe these "experiences" will be anything from ride fastpasses to parade/fireworks viewing locations. After that we enter into a rather grey area. Aside from saying that paper fastpasses will be going away, I have not heard much else. I would think that there will be some kind of day of fastpasses, but I have not heard anything confirming or denying that.

Harvey1977

Original Poster
If they dont offer an "on the day fastpass" once the fastpass+ is in place then wont the queues for any and all rides increase? You could spend hours waiting to go on one ride which might make you miss your preordered fastpasses. Or you avoid the rides!. I think disney need to look at the fastpass system.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If they dont offer an "on the day fastpass" once the fastpass+ is in place then wont the queues for any and all rides increase? You could spend hours waiting to go on one ride which might make you miss your preordered fastpasses. Or you avoid the rides!. I think disney need to look at the fastpass system.

Fastpass + will not increase the popularity of an attraction, so I do not see it getting worse. If anything, the system has the potential to spread crowds more evenly throughout the park making it a bit better.

docdebbi

they almost definitely will be offering "on the day fastpass". you don't HAVE to reserve them 60 days ahead- for me the question remains can you get your three FP+ ahead of time and still get any FP+ while in the park? no one seems to have that answer yet, but it is important.
it's the difference in whether you use your early booked ones for "extras" like parades and shows and maybe BOG dining, and still get ride FP that day, or not. now THAT would be ideal!

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Every test to date has also limited the FP+ guest to only one E-Ticket attraction, and two A-B-C-D-Ticket level attractions/M&G/shows. Based on feedback, a guest can only reserve Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, OR Big Thunder, etc. as their E-Ticket attraction.

FP+ dining also sounds a definate option and will be primarily used day-of and is only to place your order in advance to help eliminate some of the lines during the peak lunch/dinner hours at CS locations.

AngryEyes

Every test to date has also limited the FP+ guest to only one E-Ticket attraction, and two A-B-C-D-Ticket level attractions/M&G/shows. Based on feedback, a guest can only reserve Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, OR Big Thunder, etc. as their E-Ticket attraction.

FP+ dining also sounds a definate option and will be primarily used day-of and is only to place your order in advance to help eliminate some of the lines during the peak lunch/dinner hours at CS locations.

According to this thread http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/my-magic-testing-report.867764/ that's not the case. This person was able to do three headliners with FP+.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
My mistake, I missed the particular post from @disney206313 that stated they were able to reserve MS, TT & Soarin'. I sincerely hope their test is indicative of the planned rollout.

Sassagoula-Rvr

I think it's a good idea...but misguided in scope, etc. I've always wanted to be able to book the day's fast passes at resort etc...instead of making a mad dash for one of the big one's at opening...etc.

PUSH

According to this thread http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/my-magic-testing-report.867764/ that's not the case. This person was able to do three headliners with FP+.

According to one of our insiders, once the thing is fully operational, it's believed that you won't be getting three majors attractions in a day. Example: you won't get all three mountains at MK.

Of course, nothing is really official yet, and they're encountering issues left and right, so everything is subject to change.

Rob562

My presumption is that "day of" FP+ will only be for those who didn't pre-select their FP+ choices. They'll wave their RFID park tickets at one of the kiosks and choose their three park tickets.

And I agree with Master Yoda that it will spread guests out more evenly through the park, and may actually help the Standby lines at some of the E-tickets.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom