Fastpass Plus for Parades etc

muse1983

Original Poster
I was wondering if anyone could tell me their experience using Fastpass Plus for any of the parades/fireworks in the MK. Is it worth it? Are the reserved spots in the hub a really ideal spot to see and experience it? Thanks

jayhawkmickey

We had a extra FP after our first three one day and decided to try out the parade pass back in May. It's right in the middle by the flag pole on main street. When we were there it was around 90 degrees and it was HOT out in the middle of Main Street, I mean really hot. About five minutes before the parade CM's took down the ropes and opened the area up to anyone who wanted to brave the heat anyway. I'm not sure I'd use a fastpass for the parade again. We did enjoy the fireworks fastpass quite a bit though. Lots more room, fake grass is more comfortable than concrete, and it's far enough back to see everything including the castle show. Everyone still stands during the shows but at least there's more room. The CM's will let you out to use the restroom if needed and grab a drink. Nice spot for fireworks as long as the new speaker/light poles aren't in the way.

PhotoDave219

I was wondering if anyone could tell me their experience using Fastpass Plus for any of the parades/fireworks in the MK. Is it worth it? Are the reserved spots in the hub a really ideal spot to see and experience it? Thanks

No, they are not ideal spots.

It is not a great use of a FP+. There are plenty of great night Parade spots (I highly recommend the bench in front of HOP) and the fireworks are great from anywhere you can see them, not necessarily from MSUSA

whitney37354

We did Wishes FP. Since we had seen MSEP before, we knew that our view of the parade from the Wishes FP spot was good enough for us. Since it was, we decided against using the FP we had for MSEP on Friday & chose a different one instead. It does seem that the FP for MSEP would be a very hot place to stand around and wait.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think Wishes FP+ is a good spot, and possibly worth it.

For parades, I would not bother. There are plenty of viewing areas, particularly if you go off Main Street, such as Frontierland.

Halloweenhead

We was their around spring break time (very busy) and we talked about using fast passes for Parades/ Fireworks, in the end we opted against it. Very glad we did, we found a nice spot for every parade very easy. On our last day we watched Wishes from the seating area outside Edys main street Ice cream palour. I was amazed with how empty it was (the streets were packed though)....... Sitting outside with a ice cream in hand watching the wishes fireworks display was the highlight of my vacation. AMAZING! MAGICAL!

That being said, we used all our fastpasses up during one of the days at Hollywood studios, so we had extra fastpasses to use for fantasmic. I would have been disappointed if I'd used one of the the original 3 passes for this. They are best used elsewhere imo.

awilliams4

We used a FP+ for Wishes (we had plenty to use for our trip so in our unique case, it wasn't a waste) and we loved it. We sat down and/or leaned on the fence the whole time, took off our shoes and relaxed with tons of personal space as we watched the Castle Show and Wishes. We now plan on doing one of these for each of our visits going forward. If I had (3) FP+ per day and we were commando type visitors, not sure I would use it though. But for a family that goes 1-2 times a year and has a way to get extra 'stuff', it was great. We were there during the July 4th week and when we checked out the folk outside the FP Viewing Areas, they looked very cramped and squished.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Yes. We spent FP+ on one day at the MK on Parade and fireworks. Worth it IMHO.

DizneyPryncess

We used a FP+ on MSEP last year and thought it was worth it. The location was in front of the castle at that point. Our daughter was 2.5, so waiting curbside for a long time would have been difficult with her. And I knew the parade would be a priority for her. I've never seen the parade from the front row, so it was a fun experience for all of us.

littlered

For the Parades I would not use the FP, when we were there in May the FP section was in full on sun, I found a spot on the opposite side of the street in the shade five minutes before the parade started. I used to think the FP for the fireworks was a waste but on one night I saw how empty the FP area was and we were not able to find room anywhere else, so I figured I would try to get the FP for another night. We loved it, it was much less crowded than the street and I did not have to worry about being pushed around. We took in food a little early and we were able to sit on the grass and stretch out for a little bit before Wishes started and I was finally able to see castle show.

Since we were not able to find a great spot for Wishes the first or second night we were there we used this time to knock out a lot of rides in other parts of the park, something's we would walk off of and get on again. That is the main reason I did not mind getting the FP for our third night in MK.

Clyde

I was not even aware of FP for the castle show and Wishes and this is all very exciting to me. Could someone please answer a few questions for me?
1. How long before the show do you have to arrive to use the FP for the show?
2. Where exactly is it? I've read people saying they sat on the grass etc, but I'm having difficulty understanding which grass? Could someone give me a better idea?
3. Could someone give me a detailed breakdown of how the whole process of using a FP for the nighttime shows works?

Thank you all in advance.

Katie Rettinger

The CM's will let you out to use the restroom if needed and grab a drink.
7m.jpg

Mickey5150

FP+ is worth it if you really need to see a parade. After the festival of fantasy parade opened it was one of the must do items on my moms list so I made sure to get a fastpass. Did we need to? No, but it sure made it easy for me to remember to get my mom where she needed to be to see the parade rather than being on the people movers and watching the parade go by.

Kevin_W

We've used FP+ once each for each of the parades and enjoyed the location. As others have said, you don't "need" them as the parades are easy to see. But you don't really "need" one more ride on BTMRR either. We did the MSEP on our arrival night and it was really nice to be able to sit down and watch the parade from a front row spot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom