fastpass+ please help

Obi

Original Poster
ok, i have some questions regarding fastpass+. i've been doing some searching, reading, checking out the faq pages, but i still have some questions that i'm hoping would be a lot easier, and quicker, to get the answers that i'm looking for.

1. are all 4 parks tiered or is it just epcot and hollywood studios?
2. i can't make selections until 60 days out? we're staying onsite.
3. we won't be going until october, will 7 dwarfs mine train have fp+?
4. do they have specific times that you have to be at a certain attraction, like the paper fp's had or do you just choose the 3 and go whenever during that day?
5. can we select different choices for each band? as in, one band would have pan's flight, haunted mansion, btmrr and the other band can have potc, splash mountain, space mountain on it? which would obviously mean that only the wearer of the band can get in the fp line while the other do stand by or not ride at all?

lebeau

1. Just Epcot and Hollywood Studios
2. Correct. On Day 60, you can make selections for your entire trip. It's a big advantage if you want a hard-to-get FP like the Frozen M&G
3. It is expected to. It's not available yet, but it should be any time now.
4. There is an hour-long window just like the paper FP. You can arrive a few minutes early or late. I forget how many on each end.
5. Yes, you can

KatMaria

I believe its 5 minutes early/late for fastpasses. also i wouldn't count on mine train to have fp+ when you go, they might open it and not have fp+ for a while because it is a new thing. i haven't heard anything either way about it, just don't get your hopes up for it.

lebeau

I believe its 5 minutes early/late for fastpasses. also i wouldn't count on mine train to have fp+ when you go, they might open it and not have fp+ for a while because it is a new thing. i haven't heard anything either way about it, just don't get your hopes up for it.

Confirmed: It's 5 minutes early and 15 minutes late.

Nobody knows for sure what will happen with 7DMT. It's the first new attraction to open post FP+. So there is no precendent by which to make predictions. But there is always rope drop/standby.

Weather_Lady

I think it's 5 minutes early and 10 or 15 minutes late.

Nobody knows for sure what will happen with 7DMT. It's the first new attraction to open post FP+. So there is no precendent by which to make predictions. But there is always rope drop/standby.

I've been checking every day, but I suspect we won't see FP+ being available until after it officially opens.

We arrive May 4th and hope to get there first thing after rope drop on a couple of different mornings (which will probably be the same initial destination as 90% of the other people there at rope drop). ;)

lebeau

I've been checking every day, but I suspect we won't see FP+ being available until after it officially opens.

We arrive May 4th and hope to get there first thing after rope drop on a couple of different mornings (which will probably be the same initial destination as 90% of the other people there at rope drop). ;)

We're going the end of May. I have my fingers crossed it pops up by then. I'm sure if it does, there will be a mad dash to get FPs. I'm, noticing a lot of mad dashes during this "test" phase. If we don't get a FP either due to them not being offered or all of them being snatched up, we'll make it a priority at rope drop at least once. I suspect once will be sufficient for our group.

Tom

Beta Return
I don't believe the 5-min early rule applies. When we were there 4 weeks ago, they were denying access until the FP clock actually showed your starting time. Not just the CMs, but the Mickey Orbs would turn blue until your actual time started.

lebeau

I don't believe the 5-min early rule applies. When we were there 4 weeks ago, they were denying access until the FP clock actually showed your starting time. Not just the CMs, but the Mickey Orbs would turn blue until your actual time started.

Interesting. The early admission was an official change in March of 2012. I haven't heard of any changes.

cw1982

As far as 7D FP goes, if nothing else I'm thinking the lines will at least be more palatable after the parade each night, since from what I'm reading Fantasyland tends to clear out when families with little ones head to bed. May not be as true here as the other rides since it's new, but one can hope.

SnowWhite71

I too have a question. If it belongs in another thread or has been answered I apologize. I have a reservation with myself and two kids. My sister and mother have a reservation as well. We are all staying at the Dolphin. My question is should one person buy all 5 tickets and link them or can my sister and I do it separately and link up through MME? Is one way easier than the other? We will be doing FP+ together. I hope this makes sense:)

Cendure

We also saw this happen. Guests who were even a couple of minutes early were asked to either wait on the side until their time started or come back during their window. It was really crowded when we were there so maybe depends on crowd level.

Rob562

I too have a question. If it belongs in another thread or has been answered I apologize. I have a reservation with myself and two kids. My sister and mother have a reservation as well. We are all staying at the Dolphin. My question is should one person buy all 5 tickets and link them or can my sister and I do it separately and link up through MME? Is one way easier than the other? We will be doing FP+ together. I hope this makes sense:)

Ideally for the most flexibility now and in the future each adult should have their own MDE login so that they "control" their Magic Bands, RFID cards, etc. That way they can easily be linked to future reservations if they're not travelling with the others.

At the very least you should set up one "master" profile for each reservation. Kids who are too young to have their own login, or someone who doesn't need/want to control their own profile can have a "managed by" profile set up under the "master" profile.

Then assign each ticket to the appropriate profile which will give access to the FP+ system. Once all the profiles are created, you can then link them together as Friends & Family. Then everyone can make FP+ reservations for everyone else.

It may seem like a lot, but spending a few minutes getting everyone set up properly to begin with will make things in the future MUCH easier.

-Rob

Last edited:

Thumper14

I am staying at the Swan. I cannot link my resort, but today I could schedule the FP+ for me and my husband. When selecting FP+ on MDE it ask what quests are to be included. Also you can copy your FP times to other registered quests.

Getting Excited!  

kelknight84

We were just there last week and it was VERY busy but we were able to get in 5 mins early on the few we tried. Didn't try arriving late.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
5 early / 15 late is still the rule. When I'm FP Return, I see A LOT of guests attempt to enter literally just a few seconds shy of the 5 minute early mark. Since the display clock at the entrance isn't always exactly in sync with the official FP+ time, it might seem as if people are getting the blue light within the grace period.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom