Fastpass obsession

Uncle Orville

Original Poster
I love Fastpasses and I don't know why. There is just something special about them and cool that I like. Every time I go down to Disney I get invalid Fastpasses for every ride possible, even if I have gotten a invalid fastpass for that ride the previous visit. I also like to get regular fastpasses as much as I can and keep those also. I want to know if I'm the only one out there that does this, or if other people are with me. Feel free to share pictures of some of your rare fast passes if you have any, for example Living With The Land. Also if you have any before the longer ones (which is what they use now. They used to use ones that were more of a square shape, if not a perfect square).
These are all of mine spread out.
2yo4yt1.jpg

Here is them all stacked up so you can see ho many I actually have. (These are from 2010-2013, no I don't have any from 2014 :eek:)
2ijkcjk.jpg

HouCuseChickie

I keep a few at my desk at work...hardly enough to classify as a collection...but they're with some of our KTTW cards from our more recent trips.

Awesome collection you've got there...it almost reminds me of Monopoly property cards. :)

Goofyernmost

I don't really care, I guess, but, are all those Fastpasses that you have hung onto possibly helped someone else enjoy their time in the park a little more? For everyone you kept as a souvenir, someone was stuck in a long line unable to get one.

Tom

Beta Return
I'm sitting in mco, but just deceit comparison, I have a stack about the size of the one up thread just waiting to go into my fastpasa books. I also have undiagnosed issues.

Our friends just got home, after a 2-hour delay leaving MCO.

Uncle Orville

Original Poster
I don't really care, I guess, but, are all those Fastpasses that you have hung onto possibly helped someone else enjoy their time in the park a little more? For everyone you kept as a souvenir, someone was stuck in a long line unable to get one.
I completely agree, but 75% of them are invalid, as you can tell by the picture a lot if them have invalid ones on top. Some of then I found on the ground and they were already expired. The other 10% that are real that my family got expired because we try to pack too many rides in, in one day to use all of our fastpasses. To sum it up, if I have a fastpass I will try to use it, but it doesn't always work out.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I want to make a few things very clear...

1) Someone collecting FPs did NOT steal a "magical moment" from another family. FP's often still have lines, though shorter. It's not like they were ever "front of the line" passes...they were not, and I hate that term and philosophy.

At worst, if he got a few FPs for himself he didn't use, that means someone who was in Standby and the FP line got through the line a bit faster. So, please, don't attack the man for collecting FP tickets.

2) The people who DID get FPs who didn't adhere to their return window and loved to make up excuses that forced Disney to start enforcing return windows to the minute (based on the clock at the attraction) caused more issues than someone snagging a few FPs that they didn't use.

These are the same sorts of people who are upset about the fact they can't bring their mug back over and over again over multiple trips because when they bought it they were too stupid to read. The same sorts who say "well, I've given Disney 'enough' money, so this sort of behavior is ok."

3) Legacy FP is dying, and anyone who pays even half a mind of the parks knows it. So, what's the issue? The fact that in 2005 this guy got a few fastpasses and you had to wait an extra 5 minutes?

<sigh>

Dude, your collection is awesome, and I wish I had one like it. Rock on!

LucyK

I have 4 with me from my last trip, one surprise Dumbo from collecting Pooh FP, one for the princess (and I admit getting them just because they were pretty, I never intended to use it), a Test Track one we forgot we had pulled and one for Everest that I didn't use because the single rider line was moving way faster.

Maybe in ten years I can sell them to make a quick buck to help with yet another trip to WDW

Goofyernmost

I want to make a few things very clear...

1) Someone collecting FPs did NOT steal a "magical moment" from another family. FP's often still have lines, though shorter. It's not like they were ever "front of the line" passes...they were not, and I hate that term and philosophy.

At worst, if he got a few FPs for himself he didn't use, that means someone who was in Standby and the FP line got through the line a bit faster. So, please, don't attack the man for collecting FP tickets.

Afraid we are going to have to disagree on this one.

1) This is not really a topic that blows up my skirt. I really do not care. I just thought I would pass that opinion along. He explained later how he had acquired them and I have not a single problem with that.

2) If nothing is gained by having a FP why do they exist? Of course, they add to the "magic" otherwise there would be no demand. Standing in a long standby line just a little shorter time is not the same as quicker access to the attraction via the FP lane.

3) I never mentioned "front of the line" even once. I know what FP's are all about (personally, I hate them and have made that very clear many times). I didn't attack him either. I just mentioned it and if he has been hording that many legitimate passes just for keepsakes, that would be affecting many people, but, it didn't turn out to be that, so all's well with the world. Disney and otherwise! :)

seafoodbuffet

Wow, what a collection, you should figure out a way to frame it, or collect them like baseball cards as they are (quite literally) going out of style. For my part, I would LOVE to own an FP dispenser as a souvenir. I doubt Disney would ever do that since people could start printing their own counterfeit attraction re-entry FP's.

Trevmation

I wish I had a collection as massive as that one, especially since legacy fast pass is almost extinct in all the parks at wdw.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Afraid we are going to have to disagree on this one.

1) This is not really a topic that blows up my skirt. I really do not care. I just thought I would pass that opinion along. He explained later how he had acquired them and I have not a single problem with that.

2) If nothing is gained by having a FP why do they exist? Of course, they add to the "magic" otherwise there would be no demand. Standing in a long standby line just a little shorter time is not the same as quicker access to the attraction via the FP lane.

3) I never mentioned "front of the line" even once. I know what FP's are all about (personally, I hate them and have made that very clear many times). I didn't attack him either. I just mentioned it and if he has been hording that many legitimate passes just for keepsakes, that would be affecting many people, but, it didn't turn out to be that, so all's well with the world. Disney and otherwise! :)
No worries! I must have misunderstood your post. Sorry!

<walks away embarrassed carrying my pet chicken>

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom