FastPass needs to be fixed for Premium Passholders

cw1982

I could see how this could potentially manifest a problem, i.e. if AP holders started booking FP for days they have no intention of visiting. Quite feasibly, especially on lower capacity attraction they could take up a significant % of the FPs made available and then never show up.

Why would they do this? I dunno really, the only reason I can think of is if they a being malicious and want to deny others FP availability or just make selections just in case they decide to go on that day in 1 or 2 months time.

I would suggest it would be worth monitoring how many FPs are allocated to tickets which never enter the park that day. Maybe then taking action such as removing FP+ eligability is people are caught abusing it.

I don't think anyone meant to imply that AP holders would deliberately book up FP+ choices on days that they don't intend to be there, but since AP's can come and go as they please and their tickets are not linked to particular dates of visits within the time that their annual pass is valid, they are more likely to book FP+'s with the best of intentions of going to WDW and then not going for whatever reason... maybe they had something come up that altered their plans for that day, or maybe the weather was bad and they decided to stay home. But they are probably more likely to change the dates of their plans at the last minute than someone who is traveling from long distances and staying onsite, hence the likelihood that they might be more prone to booking unnecessary fastpasses if they had the extra time in their window.

flynnibus

Premium Member
not at all, just want the same capability as a resort person, again according to Disney that is not why it is 30 days as opposed to 60 days for the reserving of fast pass, they are telling me it is just because they don't believe locals plan ahead. they never said it was a perk for resort guest!

Do you really believe what you are saying.. or are you holding onto the literal words so you have something to justify your frustrations with?

The 'APs don't plan that far ahead' is the justification for how they set the system up. You don't need to 'talk to a supervisor' to get that simple reality explained to you. Regardless of AP or not.. Disney is pushing their hotel business, so they offer incentives to get people to stay at their high profit margin hotels. They are putting hotel guests above all other ticket holders... including AP holders... the same as they have been doing for over a decade.

Stop your moaning.. pull your pants up and accept that reality. It's not new, it hasn't changed, and likely isn't going to. Luring people to the hotels is more interesting to Disney than your 'premium' AP (that yes, no matter what you said.. you think entitles you to 'premium' service).

If seeing a M&G is SO important to you... book a single day in a hotel for your 'one time' visit... or use that AP and close proximity you have to be flexible to make a trip when crowds are less.

KingdomofDreams

Since you live so close and can go so often, can't you just go to MK on a non-a.m. EMH day, be there at rope drop or enjoy an early character breakfast, and go straight to the stand-by line first thing? Surely if you are there immediately at opening the stand-by line couldn't be that long?

BigTxEars

Hey now what about those who have PAPs and stay on property? I want my FP+s 90 days out!

:)

Honestly stay on property and get more perks. It's simple and logical from a business perspective. Maybe 45 days out for APs?

fosse76

Entitlement issue aside, the OPs problem is exactly why I think Disney needs to make reservation availability equal for all ticketholders. Yes, Disney has absolutely every right to offer incentives and perks to guests staying on-site. However, if those perks actually affect the enjoyment of park guests who aren't staying on-site, then they need to either offer an alternate perk for day guests or eliminate the perk entirely. For instance, if FP had only been available to on-site guests, it absoultely affects the experience of day guests. Everyone essentiall pays the same amount for park admission (using the single-day ticket as the base for comparison), so everyone should have an equal chance at enjoying the park..

Now I am not discounting the fact that this meet and greet is bizarrely popular (I thought the film was lame, and 40 year-old Idina Menzel isn't even close to sounding like a 21 year-old blonde queen). And I agree, I think Disney is absolutely concerned about APs simply reserving times they won't use, contrary to their talking point to the OP. But let's face it, the AP holders at WDW are not as local as the AP holders at DLR, and I believe this "abuse" of FP+ reservations would be pretty negligible.

cw1982

Entitlement issue aside, the OPs problem is exactly why I think Disney needs to make reservation availability equal for all ticketholders. Yes, Disney has absolutely every right to offer incentives and perks to guests staying on-site. However, if those perks actually affect the enjoyment of park guests who aren't staying on-site, then they need to either offer an alternate perk for day guests or eliminate the perk entirely. For instance, if FP had only been available to on-site guests, it absoultely affects the experience of day guests. Everyone essentiall pays the same amount for park admission (using the single-day ticket as the base for comparison).

Now I am not discounting the fact that this meet and greet is bizarrely popular (I thought the film was lame, and 40 year-old Idina Menzel isn't even close to sounding like a 21 year-old blonde queen). And I agree, I think Disney is absolutely concerned about APs simply reserving times they won't use, contrary to their talking point to the OP. But let's face it, the AP holders at WDW are not as local as the AP holders at DLR, and I believe this "abuse" of FP+ reservations would be pretty negligible.

1. But, with the exception of two attractions, (Anna and Elsa and TSMM), there have been no reports thus far of people having any less of a chance of getting the passes they want than anyone had on the old system. Are you really saying that, because of two attractions, Disney should no longer offer this perk? This seems a bit off to me; if there was more of a disadvantage than two attractions, I might agree more, but one of those two attractions will be much less popular in time, and the other will be that hard to get a pass for no matter what the rules are, so I see no logical reason to change the rules about who gets to book when just based on those two attractions alone.

2. I disagree with your assertion that AP's at WDW are not local. I have many friends who live within two hours of WDW, and they are all AP's. There might be more people who have AP's who are not local, than what holds true for DL, but many people who live within a two hour radius are AP's, so I'm not sure how you can argue that the issue of AP's booking FP's for days that they end up not showing up is negligible.

I think the issue is with the current setup for Anna and Elsa more than anything. They either need to add more actresses to accommodate the crowd, set up a different system entirely for that one attraction, or provide more opportunities for people to meet them such as character meals.

Rld

I'll give you a little tip.. Stay on the resort one time.. then you can book much further out forever. I can see FP+ through October right now.. Anna and Elsa are booked right through October every time I check.

Rld

And yea.. I live in Tampa (probably closer than you since it takes me about 50 minutes to get to MK) and I still stay on the resort at least once a month. There is something about not having to drive home after a long day of park hopping.

coachdisney

Original Poster
And yea.. I live in Tampa (probably closer than you since it takes me about 50 minutes to get to MK) and I still stay on the resort at least once a month. There is something about not having to drive home after a long day of park hopping.
we stayed at coronodo springs earlier this year after our stay it reverts you back to AP 30 days out

coachdisney

Original Poster
I'll give you a little tip.. Stay on the resort one time.. then you can book much further out forever. I can see FP+ through October right now.. Anna and Elsa are booked right through October every time I check.
october that is longer than 60 days out, now i am really confused

Rld

It might be because I stay a couple times a month.. or it could be because I have a Seasonal Pass.. so I have months that I can't come to the park in-between now and then. Maybe they are letting me see 60 days.. as in 60 days that I can actually visit the park. I would have to do some math to be sure.

cw1982

It might be because I stay a couple times a month.. or it could be because I have a Seasonal Pass.. so I have months that I can't come to the park in-between now and then. Maybe they are letting me see 60 days.. as in 60 days that I can actually visit the park. I would have to do some math to be sure.

Nope... the only people who are supposed to be able to book fastpasses at 60 days out are onsite guests. Everyone else can book them at 30 days, including AP holders. If AP holders can only book 30 days out, it wouldn't make sense that SP holders could book 6 months out.

Glad you're able to make use of some kind of anomaly, but that's exactly what it is... an anomaly.

Rld

There hasn't been a time that I haven't had a resort reservation since I started using FP+ online.. so maybe that is why it never reverted for me as well.

Now that I think about it.. I have an Animal Kingdom reservation in October.. still though.. by the rules I shouldn't be able to see FP+ that far out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom